PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Texans game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Chung doesn't fail to suck

How did PM play against Houston? Besides losing to them.

Oh...that was because his receivers were still adjusting to 'his' offense. :rolleyes:

Helluva good game by y'all tonite. I'm tempted to burn my Texans jerseys and buy a striped one. Y'all outplayed, outcoached and outrefed us tonite. Hopefully we go on a 5 game winning streak from here Y'all kicked our azz, for sure.

take it easy man, you are still #1 in AFC.

So Gruden says the Texans were missing a tight end. Um ...

Say what you will but this loss isn't on Watt. We have Watt on our line we have the best D in the league.

Is Watt having an asthma attack over there on the sideline?

Poor widdul fing.

But, yes, totally dominate, holding the Patriots to only 42 points, rather than the 49 we put on the Jets. Much better.

Seriously, people need to start giving a little love to OUR D--who have held the top team in the AFC to 7.

THAT is dominate.

Any of the "Jerod Mayo isn't a playmaker" brigade around today?

I have to admit, I didn't expect the Pats to dominate like this. I'm very surprised.
Mayo is laying some wood tonight.

Patriots defense is impressive tonight. Just hoping Talib is ok.

I did not predict a score for this game this week. I really had NO idea, but I NEVER would have come close to predicting this score.

Last edited:
Is Watt having an asthma attack over there on the sideline?

it's the heat and humidity. Part of the Pats homefield advantage in December.

I'm here all week.

They yanked Schaub. We better ******* see Mallett out there.

Job well done Pats! We just gotta hope Talib is okay, I think it's safe to say now that this new D with Talib-Dennard at CB1/CB2 and McCourty at FS is for real.

Yup. I have to say I called that one, and the "trickle down" effect has been dramatic. It's transformed the defense. The coaching staff now has confidence in the secondary not being tissue paper, and can be more aggressive up front. McCourty at FS is a pro bowl caliber stud, and having guys who can play man coverage just frees up so many things. The talent up front was there, but it was paralyzed by the problems in the secondary.

Great Francis the human missile injures Arrington

Arrington is injured on that play. Two CBs down.

Don't be an assclown. Welker dropped only one pass, the others were clearly misses by Brady, and if you can't tell the difference, you can get a copy of Football for Dummys at you local Barnes and Noble

I don't think the job of assclown is available - Mark Sanchez is doing splendidly in that role. Just ask Brandon Moore.

I think SF has the best D in the league - we will see Sunday

I don't disagree. The elixir to beat the 9er defense is Gronk. IMHO that could be the difference between a W and an L (but he is needed more in the playoffs!). However if we are going to lose one, against the 9ers is the one to lose (not that I want them to lose :D).

As long as Balt can beat Denver next week (even if we lose to 9ers), I believe the rest of the season will play out in our favor for a first round bye. As nice as the 1 seed would be, a first round bye is all I am asking for!

They yanked Schaub. We better ******* see Mallett out there.

Agree. No need to put Brady in harms way.

update in profootballtalk:

UPDATE 9:25 p.m. ET: The Patriots are scoring faster than we can update the site, making it 21-0 early in the second quarter.

:p

Don't be an assclown. Welker dropped only one pass, the others were clearly misses by Brady, and if you can't tell the difference, you can get a copy of Football for Dummys at you local Barnes and Noble

I don't know why saying Welker dropped a few passes got you so upset. Welker did not have a good game. It happens. Brady played bad against the Seahawks. It happens. I know Brady missed some passes but I am not sure how that prevents me from saying there were some dropped passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back