PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs. Panthers Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
An outsiders take although I do say it was PI:The Panther had already jumped the route and broken on the ball. Even if Gronk was untouched there was no guarantee that's still not an INT or broken up.

gotcha.......HUH?

lolololol man you are totally delusional--you decide a lot of your positions half-****ed then draw a line in the sand you will never, ever cross in admitting that you're wrong.

The stats you quoted have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the play that should have been called in that situation--3rd and 1 in the redzone, Blount and Ridley in bulldozing mode, your defense absolutely decimated and gassed chasing Newton with plenty of time on the clock for Carolina to score the inevitable winning TD. You HAVE to play it safe there with a run or quick short pass, then probably go for it if you're stuffed--two tries to give yourself a chance to win vs. 1 stupid "catch em by surprise" play.

It doesn't get anymore clear cut than that Mr. Obtuse.

Perhaps you didn't realize that Tom Brady was the quarterback.

Why did you make an account? You obviously don't like the people that post here.

I must be a troll in hiding but not hiding so well..Why would I not like people here? I just don`t like when some fans think they need to tell others what to think or post. Doesnt mean I don`t like them, don`t know them well enough to not like them. We are all Pats fans with our own observations and opinions.

Let me guess.....life hasn't been fair for you, right? Everyone is against you? The refs cost us the game......suuuuure. :rolleyes:

But go ahead...blame the refs if it makes you feel better.

I'm not going to waste any time debating you. Based upon your response you're obviously not very astute.

*ROFLMAO* Typical. Some nobody comes in, calls people numbskulls or some other name, gets hammered for it and then blames the people who he called names.

You claiming I'm not astute is like Hellen Keller telling someone else that they are wearing a green shirt when it's clear red. You can't debate me because you have nothing to bring. Do yourself a favor and follow Deus advice and think before you post next time. Otherwise, you'll get the same reception from someone else.

Garbage call.

Guess it's time to start betting. Games that matter for the play off hunt (the half of the league that is in for the second wild card), will be kept close.

It might not be a fix, but calls will lean toward "parity" in tight games.

I was on the road yesterday, have a few games dvr'd. If the wife wasn't home for the week I'd watch them as a test of hypothesis. Surely someone who makes a living reporting on nfl could do this over a season....Maybe weeks 5-14...once a feel can be had for the league and it's various divisions.

Also - you guys claiming conspiracy here, you're all going to stop watching the NFL, right?

Because there's no logic behind watching a game you honestly think is fixed. Not even a little.

We got beat more due to not containing Cam than any penalty.

I'm not sure why people need to get all grassy knoll about this ****.

Point of record- that was exactly what I said I was considering. And I mean it. I'm leaning more toward it as I write this but I haven't slept yet and won't make the decision. But that's the likely outcome for me, at least.

An outsiders take although I do say it was PI:The Panther had already jumped the route and broken on the ball. Even if Gronk was untouched there was no guarantee that's still not an INT or broken up.

For 99% of the population on the face of the planet that ball is uncatchable and underthrown. Sadly for the Refs the man charged with bringing it in is in the 1%. I will agree with you it would have been an AMAZING catch if Gronk had pulled it in but he was denied even the chance to try and THAT is a friggin penelty. The absolute worst part is the ref in charge of that call made the right decision and threw the flag. My biggest issue with the ref is if you have the balls to make that call at least have the courage to stand up and accept responsiblity and explain the **** you are pulling out your ass. All I saw from the replay is that Gronk was shoved about 5 yards backwards and had no chance to make a play. Can you seriously in good faith say that if Gronk was 5 yards closer and allowed to come back for the ball that he wouldn't have out muscled the two defenders? I have seen it too many times to bet against him

well, the truth is, the Pats didn't stop the Panthers on their final drive...they lost because of that.Period. What I WANT though is I want the game CALLED without these timely ignorances of clear cut plays...it's become commonplace since the 2007 Super Bowl

822650031.gif

Kuechly is the reason why he got a jump on the ball.

Thanks for posting that. Gronk clearly had a shot at that and was pushed out of the way.

Yep.......

There's plenty to criticize in that game. Calling a pass on that 3rd and 1 is just not one of them. People will do it, though, because it's easier to feel than to think.

Did think about it ... and researched it also.

Patriots passed on every 3rd down prior to that 3rd down.

I mean Carolina geared for the pass not the run so we played into their defense not against it.

Last edited:
lolololol man you are totally delusional--you decide a lot of your positions half-****ed then draw a line in the sand you will never, ever cross in admitting that you're wrong.

The stats you quoted have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the play that should have been called in that situation--3rd and 1 in the redzone, Blount and Ridley in bulldozing mode, your defense absolutely decimated and gassed chasing Newton with plenty of time on the clock for Carolina to score the inevitable winning TD. You HAVE to play it safe there with a run or quick short pass, then probably go for it if you're stuffed--two tries to give yourself a chance to win vs. 1 stupid "catch em by surprise" play.

It doesn't get anymore clear cut than that Mr. Obtuse.

You realize three things here, I hope:

1.) Scoring is more important than killing time, and the passing game was clicking more consistently than the run game at that point.

2.) Clock time wouldn't have mattered if the Patriots had scored the TD. It would have been one last drive, needing a TD, for the Panthers. Because it was a 4th down and a FG, the Panthers were able to go ahead with the TD. In other words, by missing the pass rather than getting stuffed, the Patriots ended up doing themselves a favor with regards to playing time left in the game.

3.) Blount was clearly not in 'bulldozing mode' (as his run breakdown shows), and he would have been facing a wall of Panthers, since they'd stacked it up.

Now, you can scream into the wind and rain all you want, but it's not going to magically make your points correct.

*ROFLMAO* Typical. Some nobody comes in, calls people numbskulls or some other name, gets hammered for it and then blames the people who he called names.

You claiming I'm not astute is like Hellen Keller telling someone else that they are wearing a green shirt when it's clear red. You can't debate me because you have nothing to bring. Do yourself a favor and follow Deus advice and think before you post next time. Otherwise, you'll get the same reception from someone else.

He's an even bigger fool in the political forum. I can't lend credence to anything he says.

Thanks for posting that. Gronk clearly had a shot at that and was pushed out of the way.

Refs are talking out of the side of their mouth.

Not calling pass interference is the correct call by them.

But calling defensive holding on that play was the correct call that was not followed up.

Last edited:
A picture says a 1000 words. (robbed by refs)

The refs official ruling was that the ball was not catch-able so there was no interference. the problem was it was a defensive hold that occurred BEFORE the interception.

Unless I am not understanding the rules correctly. its an open and shut case. A defensive hold can occur ANYWHERE on the field.

1a_zps8e6cda24.jpg

This was a year where I thought we had finally turned the corner on having a crap defense. Well, injuries quickly corrected that possibility. No super bowl #4 with this bunch. Still fun to watch but can't win against a good defense. It is what it is.

When this happens I like to take note of the people I follow and there reactions on twitter. Those who say I hate the Pats but they got robbed go up in my estimation those that bring out the good old spygate and tuck rule I decide to unfollow.

I now follow just 2 people.

Re: A picture says a 1000 words. (robbed by refs)

Good. We needed another thread.

Refs are talking out of the side of their mouth.

Not calling pass interference is the correct call by them.

But calling defensive holding on that play was the correct call that was not followed up.

there is no such thing as holding on the defense when the ball is in the air like that unless it starts before. Pass interference is the correct call

eh, for missing dennard, and talib clearly not at 100%, I think the defense played alright. only killer plays were the newton runs tbh. that sucks, but i can deal with it. we pretty much blew up their normal run game.

Offense was solid. missed opportunity with the fumble, but you see even mOre progress with the young guys, Dobson seems to either get open or draw a penalty on every play. That 3rd and 1 play was dumb.

running game was solid against a really good front. not spectacular, and the fumble has to be accounted for, but solid.

we can't go a game without injury. talib hurt again, wooo.

he should be pretty cheap if he misses half the season :/

Posted from Patsfans.com App for Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk