PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs. Panthers Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Dropping Red Zone tomorrow

I don't think they care.

Agreed. But if evidence ever comes out that the NFL is fixing games, I won't be the only one who stops watching. These greedy ***** are risking everything to make a little more money.

Guess who would have got that call @ the end though?

Gayton Manning

Gerry Austin is a senile old bastard. Get him off TV.

Can someone shut this old ref talking on espn?!

So I guess next week is going to come down to which D can outsuck the other?

*sigh*, if only Mayo, Wilfork, Kelly, and Dennard were playing tonight.

There has to be serious reservations about Roger Goodell's administration. The standard of officiating has been in steady decline since he took the reigns at NFL HQ.

This is obviously a fixed outcome game in that situation. I don't know if it was good for Vegas or just good for that head official, but that was the most clear evidence I've ever seen in an NFL game for a monetary fix. I'm not sure I recall seeing anything that close, especially since it was correctly flagged so the man in charge had to actually do something proactive to ensure the desired outcome.

I know I'm angry right now, but I'm sincerely considering not further supporting the NFL with my money or my attention. I love my team, but I just can't ignore how badly the game is fixed these days. (This isn't by any stretch the first time it's happened. Matter of fact, part of my rage is that it's the second time this season in JUST GAMES I'VE WATCHED.)

I may still follow the scores and post on here time-to-time, but I really think I'm done with the NFL. There's nothing to watch or root for if the games aren't legitimate, and I really can't fool my brain anymore. I keep trying every time something like this happens, but I'm just not stupid enough to be able to continually obfuscate the truth every week. Some of these games and/or the officials in charge are fixed. They really are. The value proposition for the NFL is that it's competitive and as fair as possible with the technology and rules available. And it just doesn't come close to living up to that.

I think I may really be done with the NFL and be okay with breaking up with it.

Be interesting to see if I still feel the same way after sleep.

Re: Dropping Red Zone tomorrow

And the NFL will not even notice...

1111111111[/QUOTE said:
Yeah.. those 1st round picks are SOOO bad..
Mankins - One of the best guards in the league.
Solder - In his 3rd year, 2nd as a starter.
Hightower - In his 2nd year
McCourty - One of the best safeties in the league.

2nd rounders?
Gronkowski
Matt Light
Deion Branch
Aaron Dobson
Shane Vereen

You seriously need to educate yourself if you are going to start knocking Belichick and top draft picks.

Last edited by a moderator:
There has to be serious reservations about Roger Goodell's administration. The standard of officiating has been in steady decline since he took the reigns at NFL HQ.

But men, you know how many money loses Godell from his pocket from a ^Pats win today?

You must be new to NFL.

Parity has a cost. The cost of rigged games

The lack of speed on defense is killing this team. two losses can be almost directly attributed to running QBs extending drives on 3rd down and long. I'm convinced that a speed linebacker like Lavonte david would have us with only one loss.

Although the refs screwed us over at the end, we really beat ourselves. Talib and Mankin's nonsense in the first half that cost us points against us. Ridley fumbling that cost us a minimum 3 points. We made too many costly mistakes the first half.

Did you actually SEE Mankins "non-sense"? There was no replay and the ESPN cameras weren't on the O-line after the play, which is when the "non-sense" supposedly occurred.

Let's hope we don't see the same officials from the Jets and this game in the playoffs. I'm sure the NFL is noting this. Can't have games end with this garbage.

Not saying we deserved to win after how we played but honestly how do you pick up the flag. You watched him bear hug a receiver and you throw the flag and then pick it up. I don't understand that whatsoever. Who was the idiot they called into the booth that said there's no way that was a penalty?

It is what it is I guess, nothing is going to change that. Short week and we got Denver..

Nope, not interference

Attachments

• No this isnt inteference.jpg
    No this isnt inteference.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 144

don't even begin to suggest that here or the Jetdell apologist brigade will go beserk with the a litany of all his tremendous accomplishments.

A non-call is one thing. Picking up the flag after throwing it when a receiver is MUGGED is inexcusable. Purely a home-team call. Totally. Gronk conceivably could've made a play on that ball if he wasn't bear-hugged.

Exactly. The ref consciously threw that flag knowing how big it would be given the situation, so he must have clearly saw a penalty being committed. But then he has the audacity to PICK IT UP? And then sprint off the field without explanation? That's absolutely disgusting.

The lack of speed on defense is killing this team. two losses can be almost directly attributed to running QBs extending drives on 3rd down and long. I'm convinced that a speed linebacker like Lavonte david would have us with only one loss.

or the one on IR

ref on the gronk INT

Jim Daopoulos ‏@RefereeJimD 3m
Austin is incorrect with his explanation...that ball was catchable and saying it was uncatchable is incorrect

I know it's early...but this puts the #1 seed in the AFC almost out of reach. I now don't see how this D can't stop even the crap teams

Denver will only lose 2...3 max

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes