PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs. Panthers Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is truly a shame what the NFL has become, officials deciding the outcome
of games..... For the good of the game?? Mores the shame. In my opinion it
has gone too far.

Gerry Austin is a company man. He's not going to outright rip the call like he should have.

But, if he seriously believes that was the right call, he's needs to be drug tested ASAP.

Everyone in their right state of mind knows that was a bull**** non-call. I'm sick and tired of these games being decided by incompetent referees.

A non-call is one thing. Picking up the flag after throwing it when a receiver is MUGGED is inexcusable. Purely a home-team call. Totally. Gronk conceivably could've made a play on that ball if he wasn't bear-hugged.

That is my biggest issue with this, he threw the flag. If he didn't whatever, but to throw the flag and not make the call is what makes it so atrocious.

The lack of speed on defense is killing this team. two losses can be almost directly attributed to running QBs extending drives on 3rd down and long. I'm convinced that a speed linebacker like Lavonte david would have us with only one loss.

Or he could have cost us two the way he has with the Bucs... Just sayin

Even if we end up with the 3rd seed. We can absolutely blow the doors off the Colts in Indy. Karma will strike back.

Every past or present NFL official on social media is disagreeing with idiot Gerry Austin and the refs on the field.

What a screwjob

Gotta love these night games. They win, I'm up most of the night, they lose, I'm up most of the night….they lose like THIS and I'm up all night!

Brady and Mallet were tearing the ref a new walking into the tunnel. Would be nice if a 3 stringer laid the ref out.

BTW, the Panthers played well enough to win and they DID win. I'm not disputing that. What I want is the chance...the CHANCE...to go for the win after that CLEAR PENALTY. Now we all heard that old ref Seemans claim the ball was short so no interference. That is not even a QUESTION. Gronk was interfered with BEFORE Brady threw the ball.

No explanation. Flag. Oh wait. Nope...WHY??? no explanation...just no.

and you all laugh at me when I go on my Goodell witch hunts, eh? how many coinky dinkys is it going to take????

I'm not one that will use the ref's as excuses for a loss. But this was terrible. The Call on DMC should have been holding on Olsen.

And what the hell with the no call on Gronk- he was being mauled and could not come back for the ball! Unreal!!!

Last edited:
Not saying we deserved to win after how we played but honestly how do you pick up the flag. You watched him bear hug a receiver and you throw the flag and then pick it up. I don't understand that whatsoever. Who was the idiot they called into the booth that said there's no way that was a penalty?

You just don't pick up a flag in that situation. Gronk was mugged well BEFORE the ball arrived.

Ignoring the final play... You have got to like what the offense is shaping up to be. Could work against Denver as they controlled the ball with a good run/pass balance that could keep their offense off the field. Vereen showing why the offense needs him so badly.

Defense played OK but was burnt toast by Newton running (something you don't have to worry about with Manning). Talib going down again is very concerning.

As long as the Pats don't fall behind big early, it's going to be a good match next week in prime time.

Re: Dropping Red Zone tomorrow

The game wasn't lost on one play, this is the second time it has come down to the refs and they don't play for your organization.

The Pats lost, it sucks, but they didn't play well enough to win.

The NFL isn't going to care if you overreact and cancel Redzone.

Just face it, the offense isn't as good as it has been with Hernandez and the defense has been devastated by injuries.

Damn officials ruined a perfectly good game. Yes the Pats may have lost but geez call the friggin penalty if need be. That's 2 games this year that have been lost because of officiating. I know "fixed games" talk is crazy but wow this crap kind of makes you take a second look.

That has to be the worst call I have ever seen. How do you pick that flag up??? The ref is 5 feet away from gronk I think he has the best vantage point to make that call. the fact that ref has the nerve to pick up the penalty puzzles me , like really how do you pick that up. The ref who talks on espn said it was the right call to are you kidding me do refs even know the rule book? where is this sign up sheet to be a NFL ref because I'm pretty sure all you need to put down is your name and phone number no experience needed. All I got to say is I would be embarrassed if I was a ref today. Thing need to change...

why is no one talking about the HORRID play call on 3rd down? :bricks::bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back