PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Panthers game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gronk is blocking to make up for our poverty o-line.

And as for McD, I'm more bothered by his play calling on that Ridley fumble. Brady was carving them up in the passing game and we decide to run for the 2nd time in a row in the red-zone??????

I went ballistic when they ran it... dumb Josh... dumb.

Gronk is blocking to make up for our poverty o-line.

And as for McD, I'm more bothered by his play calling on that Ridley fumble. Brady was carving them up in the passing game and we decide to run for the 2nd time in a row in the red-zone??????

Haven't you guys been *****ing all year he doesn't run it enough? It's not his fault Ridley can't hang onto the ball.

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 2m
Some asked question how Panthers would respond to prime-time stage. Turns out it's been Patriots who have been the more rattled team.

Ian will now ban Reiss!

All comes back to Belichick....bad drafting.. and poor coaching....OL hasn't been good for years. Mankins got his retirement package and he has checked out...I think the injuries have been tough too....but wow....McD can't find ANY way to sprink Gronk tonight....I am shocked that he has been invisible....

Really? The O-line hasn't been good for years??? You really need to watch the games more.

They've kept Gronk in to help with the Panther's D-line.

That actually is not true we have thrown it 17 times and ran it 12. We actually had a good half of football offensively if not for the mistakes – Brady was 14/17 for 123 passing yards.

problem is we on;y had 3 drive in the half...they have 3 in the 2nd half and they are walking away losers

Pats need more then 17 to win

Pats are not mentally in the game. Look like a rookie team. If they dont step it up , this can get lopsided.

So against a dominant front 7 and suspect secondary, our gameplan was to slow play it, and grind it out?

Their secondary isn't so suspect. They have the second ranked pass defense, 5th ranked defense in opposing QB rating, they are 9th in yards per pass attempt, they are third in INTs.

I think the overall gameplan was perfect. You need to run and get short passes against this defense. It has been execution and stupid mistakes that have been the biggest problem. There have been some questionable calls, but the overall gameplan is solid.

Haven't you guys been *****ing all year he doesn't run it enough? It's not his fault Ridley can't hang onto the ball.

Lol no. I've actually been b!tch!ng all year about his play calling. Of course, a good part of the blame is on Ridley rather than McDaniels for that fumble, but still...

A lot of football left to go.

Lucky to be within 7.

Talib needs to act like an adult with Smith. I will throw this out there, Mankins? Most overrated, overpaid player in Brady era?

When Solder had a free rusher on the outside, once again, he picked up the inside player which he has to do in that situation. That situation being Mankins doesn't pick up the rusher inside.

Down 7 after several key mistakes and getting the ball back after the half?

Me personally, I like their chances to score quick. This is the dogfight we all expected it to be.

Exactly. I'm not sure what some people expected. This D is tenacious and fast. I don't think anyone honestly expected us to go in there and whallop them in front of their home crowd given our problems on OL.

One thing that I don't think has been mentioned much is the fact that our run D has played very well. If we can protect Tom and hold their rushing attack to minimal gains, we can win this game.

17-13 Pats for the final.

I have no clue what BB should do with Ridley. You want to show confidence in him but his last fumble cost us points. It is going to be interesting to see how long he rides the pine.

He tried the show of confidence after Ridley's TD causing fumble last week. The lesson must have been forgotten. Too bad because I like the kid and the way he runs. Me, I'd keep Blount in there tonite. You cannot, absolutely cannot keep dropping the rock inside the 10.

problem is we on;y had 3 drive in the half...they have 3 in the 2nd half and they are walking away losers

Pats need more then 17 to win

Kinda like BB's plans with high powered offense. MAke them earn the pts without giving up big plays and wait for a mistake.

I think it would be dumb to sit down Riidley. They need that threat. BB acts like dumbest moron in these situations. Make Welker sit because he said something on Rex's foot etc.

He sent him a message. Brady is throwing well. He need play action pass to work too. Lets get him back into the game

More yards, more TOP. Moving he ball just fine. The problem? A fumble and a terrible penalty (that none of us actually saw).

Would really be nice to see a good drive for points to start the second half. Worried, though, that they'll go three and out and Carolina will get huge momentum.

I have no clue what BB should do with Ridley. You want to show confidence in him but his last fumble cost us points. It is going to be interesting to see how long he rides the pine.

Watch them do what they did last time....not use him right for 4 games after costing us even more points.

Blount fumbles more then ridley does based on carries and fumbles..and ridley is by far the best RB on this team...very talented

That actually is not true we have thrown it 17 times and ran it 12. We actually had a good half of football offensively if not for the mistakes – Brady was 14/17 for 123 passing yards.

That actually is not true we have thrown it 17 times and ran it 12. We actually had a good half of football offensively if not for the penalties – Brady was 14/17 for 123 passing yards.

....there....fixed ;)

All comes back to Belichick....bad drafting.. and poor coaching....OL hasn't been good for years. Mankins got his retirement package and he has checked out...I think the injuries have been tough too....but wow....McD can't find ANY way to sprink Gronk tonight....I am shocked that he has been invisible....
Not sure about the coaching but i agree on the drafting and the O-line. The O-line has been made up mostly of Jags that were coached up by Scar for the last 6-7 years. It shows when they are put up against a really good D line which usually happens in the playoffs. It hasn't been invisible to me, but when ive posted it in the past, ive gotten a rather cool reception. This is after all a fan(atic) board, so i stopped a couple of years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes