PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Panthers game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats can't have their 'crap the bed' 3rd quarter this week and expect to win

So against a dominant front 7 and suspect secondary, our gameplan was to slow play it, and grind it out?

I have no idea how bad the wind is effecting everything downfield, obviously Newton has had a couple downfield passes but it still looks like the ball is sailing a little on a couple of these throws. That's my first thought, at least but I'm in my home drinking vodka and they are out playing football so I don't know #%^#.

That and with Amendola and Vereen playing well so far and not being able to utilize Gronk, it might make him try to play it a little on the safe side. Not saying whether I think that's the right way or not, but that's my uneducated, inexperienced, slightly buzzed view.

Last edited:
We gave them a little head start to make it more interesting, just like vs Miami. Second half will be another story.

itd be tied or better, if it wasnt for two stupid plays.

When you slow play, you give their front a chance to set up their defense. For example, that fake blitz that befuddled Solder.

At least when they're going no huddle, defenses are forced to play simple, and they typically are too tired to attack our OL.

The play calling has been fine. they have moved the ball at will. If not for another Ridley fumble and Mankins' penalty, they could be up a TD.

Tough game so far. We been moving the chains, but unfortunately we only have 3 points to show for it. With that I hope we keep this balance on offense. I think we are really making their defense work.

On D, a couple of stupid penalties kept us from getting off the field. Talib gotta keep his emotions down, Smith been getting the best of him. Keep Newton in the pocket. He's most dangerous on the run.

Christopher Price ‏@cpriceNFL 2m
Tempo in 3rd is huge. Patriots can't afford to have 3rd quarter dip they've had so often this season.

Depending how Ridley plays out the rest of the season, the Pats may be in the market for an RB in the offseason. TJ Yeldon anyone? :D

I hope we target Gronk early and often here

Brady has played well so far. Ridley carries the ball like a discuss away from his body. Dumb personal fouls. Vereen looks like he is shaking off the rust pretty good. All in all, I'm glad they are still in the game with the ball back for the 3rd. I think they can still pull this one out, especially with a good healthy drive for at least 3 opening it up.

well schit happens, we spoted 49ers 17pts with 33 yards of total offence, thats really stupid and catastrophic .

Your down 7 with some silly mistakes, clean that up and your fine.

He tried the show of confidence after Ridley's TD causing fumble last week. The lesson must have been forgotten. Too bad because I like the kid and the way he runs. Me, I'd keep Blount in there tonite. You cannot, absolutely cannot keep dropping the rock inside the 10.
Agreed. BB stuck up for him at his presser after last weeks game. Tough to watch such an explosive player on the bench but you can't drop the rock.

I expect a completely different team in this second half. The O-Line must hold up, though.

Why does it seem the Pats are going into the wind every quarter? It seems it changes sides of the field with the teams.

Some of you really need to learn how to assign blame.

3 drives moving the ball.

1 killed by matador-related sack
1 killed by fumble
1 killed by 15 yard penalty

None of that is on the O.C., Brady, Gronk, or anything but those 3 'plays'.

That actually is not true we have thrown it 17 times and ran it 12. We actually had a good half of football offensively if not for the penalties – Brady was 14/17 for 123 passing yards.

....there....fixed ;)

The fumble hurt a lot.

Gronk is blocking to make up for our poverty o-line.

And as for McD, I'm more bothered by his play calling on that Ridley fumble. Brady was carving them up in the passing game and we decide to run for the 2nd time in a row in the red-zone??????

But since Gronk is a KEY part of our iffense...they HAVE to find a way to get him involved. Carolina is doing exactly what they want to so far....isolate our biggest weapon and remove him from game.....check. Mcdouche better find a way to change this situation in 2nd half or its ova...we NEED GRONK!

First half was a fluke. Offense is going to rip Panthers a new one second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes