PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Jet game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boyce as a healthy scratch is a bit of a surprise since Amendola is out.

Good to see that Slater is back though. I thought he'd be out one more week.
I didn't expect much out of Boyce this year but I still can't help but find myself disappointed at his lack of development. Thompkins and Dobson's potential will do that to a fan.

Boyce as a healthy scratch is a bit of a surprise since Amendola is out.

Good to see that Slater is back though. I thought he'd be out one more week.

Austin Collie more reliable to Brady at this point, it would seem.

All over Twitter that Gronk is active, officially.

squee-o.gif

Re: Turning Point?

I think Austin Collie will have a good game today. He's a good player. Has just had some awful injuries with concussions. Right now. He looks pretty healthy. Better option than Dobson IMO

I didn't expect much out of Boyce this year but I still can't help but find myself disappointed at his lack of development. Thompkins and Dobson's potential will do that to a fan.
This seems like a red-shirt year for the rook. His time missed in training camp might have something to do with his lack of development.
Austin Collie more reliable to Brady at this point, it would seem.
I thought they both would be active, and Slater as the inactive. That's why I said I was surprised to see Slater back, because most reports said he wouldn't be playing this week. It's of no consequence though

I want to see where Gronk's impact is going to have on the running game. We can now finally run some 2 TE formations which will keep defenses balanced and guessing. While I question how much of an impact Gronk will have in his first real contact in over 9 months, the "threat" he poses will clearly make life a little easier on the WR's, even as a decoy.

I'm not real worried about us moving the ball. My real concern is with the run defense and how we can take a defensive front that allowed 130 rushing yds when we HAD Talib, Wilfolk, Kelly, and Mayo, and somehow do better when we have SJones, Valano, Fletcher and Logan manning those positions. It could get ugly

Nice to see Slater back. I wonder if he'll be sporting one of those big ass cast.

I want to see Gronk, Thompkins, Dobson, Edelman, Amendola, Collie, Vereen and Ridley playing together and healthy at the end of the year.

We were waiting for this in the summer, and it's not going to happen for at least several weeks more--if at all. But now we've seen the potential is there.

They need to get and stay healthy. This team has 7 or 8 weapons.

I haven't paid close attention to inactives before but has Tavon Wilson been inactive previously this year? If he's behind Nate Ebner on the depth chart, then whoa! Is he a healthy scratch or injured?

I haven't paid close attention to inactives before but has Tavon Wilson been inactive previously this year? If he's behind Nate Ebner on the depth chart, then whoa! Is he a healthy scratch or injured?
This is his third straight game missed. He's been injured (hamstring).

Injured, hamstring.

This marks the third straight game that Wilson will miss due to a hamstring injury. The 2012 second-round draft pick mostly contributes on special teams as a member of the "Big 4" units -- kickoff return, kickoff coverage, punt return and punt coverage.

Looks like it's finally a go for Gronk. I'm excited.

The Jets secondary stinks, and Rex insists on playing a style of D that exposes it.
Last meeting we struggled with drops, poor routes, etc.
We had no Gronk.. Dobson was in his first game and struggled. Thompkins was in his second game and struggled. Our game plan became try to hit the WRs that were running wide open deep once in a while, and throw to Edelman on passes that were better for the defense than the offense even if they worked.
Today, we have Gronk back. Those receivers will be as or more open running around in the secondary. There should be big plays to be had, if the catches get made.
This could be a huge day, and a huge turning point for the passing offense.
It would be very interesting to see the passing offense break out, and then continue to grow as Amendola and Vereen return and the rookies mature, so that we don't have a top 10 all time offense over the course of the regular season but have one that peaks at playoff time. Of course that would be better than any of the top 10 offenses we had.

Nice take. Interesting contrast with so many headlines I've seen this week saying the Jets are confident after playing the Pats so close in Foxboro.

Sudfeld active too.

Nick Underhill ‏@Nick_Underhill 1m
Gronk has Barry Bonds’ body armor on his left arm. Huge, huge pad.

bentornato Gronk !!!

# 87 is back !!!

GO PATS !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back