PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official: Patriots vs Jags pre-season game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brain hoyer looks like a NFL QB as far````gonna be suck to see him gone because some team is gonna overpay him

He deserves his starting shot, so I'm rooting for a big Hoyer bidding war after the season that gives the Pats a nice comp pick. :)

He deserves his starting shot, so I'm rooting for a big Hoyer bidding war after the season that gives the Pats a nice comp pick. :)

Hoyer's an RFA next year. :)

Maybe Dane will be the new Bruschi. OK, I'll stop.

I'm impressed. Not just his play : there are others out there who could have the 'Green dot'. But they don't. He does.

Dane makes this team. Haha.

Best first half: Dane Fletcher

Worst: Darius Butler

19-9 halftime lead for the Pats. Hoyer has looked pretty good. So does this mean we're gonna see Mallet in the second half? Price and Slater have also looked good on offense. Where's Edelman and Tate though?

Hoyer's an RFA next year. :)

Whoops! I guess he's playing so much like a veteran I was blinded to the truth. :) That's a happy situation, then.

With the depth of this team...Butler will probably be flippin burgers on opening day....;)

What's the over under for Zo and Cross shutting their gobs and pausing, one second?

Last edited:
Brain hoyer looks like a NFL QB as far````gonna be suck to see him gone because some team is gonna overpay him

I'm totally comfortable with Hoyer as the #2. He looks like he has full command of the offense, has a decent arm, and pretty good accuracy.

With the depth of this team...Butler will probably be flippin burgers on opening day....;)

Based solely on his athleticism I believe some team out there will give him at least one more shot should the Patriots decide to cut him. I just find it hard to personally give up on him.

Last edited:
Best thing about the first half: Many reserves got game speed reps

Worst thing about the first half: Patriot "fans" making derogatory ratings , comments and declarations on players after a half of game speed practice

I think the consensus, and I feel capable of speaking for the group, is that if we play like this against the Jets we're going to have trouble.

8 wins will be a stretch.

Oh, and Fletcher is a keeper.

In what bizarro consensus are the Pats an 8 win team based off one preseason game? LMAO. I dunno what consensus you're a part of but I want nothing to do with it. Talk about overreacting. And last I checked Pats were up by 10.

Preseason is where teams work out their kinks and see what they have in their younguns. That's what the Pats are doing. Evaluating their second string and deeper guys. It's not Brady leading the offense, it's Hoyer. There's no point whatsoever in blowing out the Jags by 20+ points in preseason.

Last edited:
In what bizarro consensus are the Pats are an 8 win team based off one preseason game? LMAO. I dunno what consensus you're a part of but I want nothing to do with it. Talk about overreacting. And last I checked Pats were up by 10.

Preseason is where teams work out their kinks and see what they have in their younguns. That's what the Pats are doing. Evaluating their second string and deeper guys. It's not Brady leading the offense, it's Hoyer. There's no point whatsoever in blowing out the Jags by 20+ points in preseason.

You might need to get your sarcasm detector adjusted :)

I was caught on Rte 495 in Patriot traffic from Hudson to just past Rte 1 .... made it home just in time for the kickoff....took 45 minutes longer than normally does.....

Hernandez has to hold onto the ball...but if you notice ALL the Jag defenders were ripping at the ball as Patriot players were going down....sure would like to see some of that when Pats tackle....instead of standing around watching the tackle, jump in and do some ball hawking....:rocker:

What's the over under for Zo and Cross shutting their gobs and pausing, one second?

uh..one second is pretty generous, RC

so..who's got the under/over on "Start Mallett over Brady NOW!!!!" posts in the 2nd half???

One play?

None?

I think the consensus, and I feel capable of speaking for the group, is that if we play like this against the Jets we're going to have trouble.

8 wins will be a stretch.

Oh, and Fletcher is a keeper.

8 wins using the backups would be quite an achievement!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents