PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Giants game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all realize that was Holley putting on the brakes and Hoyer thinking he would keep running, right?

After seeing the replay yes, but when I put that it was as soon as it happened :p

The 2nd point though, is it not a safety when a DB carries the ball from the field and then kneels in the end zone?

I don't know what game some of you are watching sometime

That was 100% on Holley for not continuing his route. He just stopped

in hindsight i partially agree because the initial camera only showed it floating to the DB, i still think it would have been overthrown by a little though.

Also have to wonder if the QB threw the wrong route or the DB ran the wrong route. Its far too easy to blame the player who gets credited with the mistake.

Well, what do you know... the game ends with another last minute catch by a Giant. :rolleyes:

Y'all realize that was Holley putting on the brakes and Hoyer thinking he would keep running, right?

uh...I wouldn't bet any cash on that ,D

It's obvious, Pats can't beat the Giants...
No reason to play the season.....:D:D:D

On a serious note--Thank God PreSeason is finally over :singing:

Like I just said, initial camera angle simply showed a horrible overthrown ball, most of us reacted on the initial camera angle, seeing the play a 2nd time it was pretty obvious holley stopped his route.

I also wonder if you knew the play call, did Hoyer throw the wrong route or did Holley run the wrong route? The blame game is too easy for fans sometimes. QB far too often gets a pass on these things. This coming from a Hoyer > Mallet person.

Last play was simply ugly no matter how you look at it or who you blame.

Last edited:
Any word on Demps?

What a bone headed play call by McDaniels when all they needed was about 5 yards or so to make it a makeable field goal.

Ever think that maybe they wanted to win it and avoid OT? He wouldn't call that in a regular season game.

in hindsight i partially agree because the initial camera only showed it floating to the DB, i still think it would have been overthrown by a little though.

Also have to wonder if the QB threw the wrong route or the DB ran the wrong route. Its far too easy to blame the player who gets credited with the mistake.

the call was an obvious sideline go...Holley screwed up...a meaningless play that will be dissected and slathered in doomsday sauce for the next few days...krist

Guess I didn't miss much from the Burger flippin crowd.... WBZ screwed the pooch on their coverage tho switchin to the RNC with 41 secs left....

Who's up and who's down after the game?

Hoyer...Hope we don't have to see you in a real game.

Mallett...hurry up and get seasoned abit.

Demps...Hope it's nothing serious...

Francis...can he make the PS?

Ebner should make the roster.

Sergio looked good at times...ugh

What a bone headed play call by McDaniels when all they needed was about 5 yards or so to make it a makeable field goal.

They didn't want the FG for a tie in pre season.

Some of you are beyond clueless. Hoyer had the two best throws of the preseason and all for naught. Nice catch by the reality star on the first one. Too bad Bill is having as tough a pre season flag wise as his OL is. 0 for 2 tonight. And that last throw was right where it was supposed to be if Holley hadn't pulled up...

My remaining concerns are has Scar lost his fastball? I know it's pre season but he can't get squat out of his backups. I hope we don't keep inactive OL or WR or RB or FB or TE depth candidates at the expense of some of these kids on D who aren't making it to the PS.

And I hope Demps is OK. Got a lot out of a track and field star in a week, but at what expense. I suppose at least the worst case scenario now is IR.

Jesse Holley can walk to bus station now!

You guys better not blame Hoyer for that INT. Holley, while he may or may not be good at catching (I seriously can't tell), is the slowest WR I've ever seen.

wtf that was our revenge game!

Was Demps able to walk off on his own power? How did he look?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents