PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Gaints Pre-Season Game Thread

Tim Tebow drinking game. A shot for every incompletion. who's with me?

Highly inadvisable to anyone who enjoys having a working Liver :p

The more I watch Mallett the less impressed I am with him given the cerebral aspect of Quarterbacking. Damn exhibition games.

Something I learned after week 1 of the preseason this year:

• If you look at Mallett as a starting NFL quarterback, you will be disappointed.

• If you look at Mallett as a guy who is going to be traded for draft pick higher than the 3rd rounder we invested in him, you will be disappointed.

• If you look at Mallett as a backup quarterback who could step in and, play the role of a game manager and make the occasional pass, you will be happy.

Always nice to see Melissa Stark.

MNF's loss back in the day...

Buchanan has been the best Patriot so far tonight. I'm happy for the kid.

Tim Tebow drinking game. A shot for every incompletion. who's with me?

This is gon be good. I'm in. lol. Let me get the vodka out.

Tebow should butt fumble tonight.

Hey he learned from the best....

It's funny that you bring that up b/c I followed him pretty closely at Arkansas and liked the pick initially, but I've often wondered myself if he may look better on another team--in another system that was less cerebral. Possibly somewhere that was a bit less complicated.

There's also a lot of throws that wouldn't look good anywhere, but as a whole I'm not unhappy about him being our QB2 should Brady go down for a few games.
You're probably right (as per usual) supa in that Mallett would be better served being elsewhere. After prolonged exposure, his Patriots career screams nothing more than career Patriots back up to me.

IMO, he'll be a fine back up to Brady.

yeah...well that means someone would have to be actually rushing the PASSER...31 OTHER TEAMS RUSH THE PASSER...THIS TEAM RUSHES INTO THE O LINEMAN

Rumor has it we are all set on the front seven...

WTF? How can you possibly divine this through four preseason games?

Because at this point that's all I have to base it on. So what your saying is I'm spoiled with KT and Boyce. Thank you. :D

I remember reading that Buchanan was considered a very good prospect going into 2012, but he broke his jaw and lost a bunch of weight, which scared teams off. Looks like the Pats may have got yet another freak-injury draft-day steal

It's funny that you bring that up b/c I followed him pretty closely at Arkansas and liked the pick initially, but I've often wondered myself if he may look better on another team--in another system that was less cerebral. Possibly somewhere that was a bit less complicated.

There's also a lot of throws that wouldn't look good anywhere, but as a whole I'm not unhappy about him being our QB2 should Brady go down for a few games.

I do think Mallet is more of a Marino type -- just drop back and look for what he sees, fling a laser at someone who looks open. (Marino has said he hardly ever followed the supposed theory of the play. He just dropped back and looked for what was open. His quick release allowed him to just search and fire).

Every time I hear the name Chris Canty on the Ravens I think of "the other" Chris Canty and then I get annoyed thinking we actually picked that guy in the first round...

Yeah, I've always been enamored with Buchanan's potential. It's one of the reasons why I thought he was a pretty much a safe bet for the roster. He looks beefed up, and just imagine he hasn't even filled out his frame yet.

Kid's gonna be a stud, folks.

Where the hell if Bam Childress? I miss the pre-season kid.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back