PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Eagles Pre-Season Game Thread

I don't know if I would say he was awful tonight, but he didn't do very well either. I hope he learns from Bray and develops as a QB. I agree NY really screwed him up.

C he completed 33% of his passes for 55 yards in a preseason game against 3rd and 4th string players on a team that went 4-12 last season. He was awful buddy; lets call a spade a spade.

He just isn't "clutch"....every time he comes in to make a kick In a big time game Winning situation...most Pats fans hold their breath and pray....even you rose colored glasses wearing pats fans have to agree on that!

QUOTE=AzPatsFan;3510022]Yes, Gost has nothing going for him, except the highest successful percentage in Patriots history. I wonder where you haters come from...[/QUOTE]

Timmy can play every one of those positions.

Not as good as any of the ones that are trying to make the roster.

I like TT...but he doesn't look like an NFL backup QB, and that is what he was signed to be.

seriously there is no way tebow makes this team right? right? I would rather edleman be the third string QB at this point

Only if there is no God.

Very pleased at no apparent injuries. Still lots of time for kids to earn a roster spot. Glad it will not be eased by an injury vacancy.

Love the new pre season broadcast team.

Hopefully he will learn a lot from Brady and develop as a QB.

I don't think Brady can teach him what's needed. I think 99% of his problem is the processing speed, because I think that's impacting everything else. The mistakes he makes are almost all common results of being slow with reads, from what I'm seeing. We should see improvement on his pre-snap reads in the next couple of weeks, though, so that'll be worth following, to see if that helps him. They've given him specific plays, so I would guess that means he'll get some time here.

Hell, Mallett is still impersonating a Hoover out there, and he's in year 3 in NE.

Why? If there's one thing you can practice well outside of a preseason game it's field goals. Better to work on 4th down situations.

Looking for one of those 20 point field goals.

I don't think Brady can teach him what's needed. I think 99% of his problem is the processing speed, because I think that's impacting everything else. The mistakes he makes are almost all common results of being slow with reads, from what I'm seeing. We should see improvement on his pre-snap reads in the next couple of weeks, though, so that'll be worth following, to see if that helps him. They've given him specific plays, so I would guess that means he'll get some time here.

Hell, Mallett is still impersonating a Hoover out there, and he's in year 3 in NE.

Yeah, I just hope Tebow can improve over time. I have no doubt that he has things to work on. I am grateful that Belichick took a chance on him.

seriously there is no way tebow makes this team right? right? I would rather edleman be the third string QB at this point

I'll say it again and again. Tebow is McDaniel's baby: a long-term Brady succession plan option. At this point, nobody else in the NFL will touch him. McDaniels wants to prove he's a genius by turning him into Steve Young Part II. He's gonna be here until Brady leaves, I'll bet the farm on it.

But, he won't be the successor. He doesn't have the mental skills to handle NFL QB-ing. Which is good, because he and his disciples are beyond insufferable at this point.

Bill would have sent AV out there to kick the FG in that Super Bowl without a second thought.

Are we time traveling to 2007 now?

It did at times, but he seems to revert to his old motion under pressure. And yes, someone needs to figure out a way to have him make quicker decisions...

I think he has to shorten his prayer before the throw. ;)

798495982.gif

Like I said...atrocious.

- Liked what I saw from Thompkins and Dobson early on with Brady. Amendola had a nice reception as well. Really nice to see the offense clicking early in the air and on the ground.

- Jamie Collins aggravated me when he had a wide open lane to the QB and the QB stepped up and Collins ran by him. Got to do a better job than that Jamie.

- Hope Mallett is okay, looked like he just got the wind knocked out of him

my thoughts on the game:

Rookies:
Thompkins- Great to see him in action, made some great catches.
Dobson- Made some excellent catches, but had a huge td costing drop that hit him in the numbers
Boyce- I dont think he did much

Tight end:
Sudfield living up to the hype, dude looks like a beast

Non rookies:

Brady awesome as always

Mallet- a few bone headed plays, but some nice ones as well, Recievers dropped a few of his passes.

Tebow- Awful. unless he switches positions hes a wasted jersey. At no point do i want brady to be off the field in place of Tebow. I would rather have any of the eagle backup qbs over tebow.

Blount- If he plays like he played today boldin might not make the team

Ghost- Another missed field goal, they should bring in some competition, ghost is on this ice(his jersey is on sale)

Defense
Looked not great, but its preseason and its pretty vanilla.

Yeah Mallett is average at best. Hell Barkley looks better and he's a rookie. It's kinda why I started the Mallett thread, I really don't think he's ever gonna be a good NFL QB. Haven't heard about him having ONE above average practice this training camp, and it's his third season. I was comfortable with Hoyer in HIS rookie season. Just not a good QB. He is what he is, an average backup QB. I remember Foles looked 10x better than him during last years preseason game, and Foles was a rookie. We are ****ed if anything god forbid happens to TB.

You hope to see SOME progression from you backup QB, yet Mallet's best game was his first as a rookie in his first preseason game.

Props to Vereen tonight. As much as a Woodhead fan I am, I have to reluctantly admit that he is WAY better as a receiver. Better route running/separation and better hands. Jury's still out on YAC (w/o blown coverages).

So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back