PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Eagles Pre-Season Game Thread

Regardless of whether he was working on it in college or not, be has now been in the NFL for a number of years and still struggles with anything beyond a screen pass. His mechanics are still awful and his accuracy is even worse. He certainly had a couple nice runs though. I'll give him credit for that.

Irony of ironies is that in 2011 with Denver, screen passes were some of his worst throws. One of the highlights that I took from his play last night was that his screen passes actually looked really good :)

(At least the 3 that I watched him attempt. Damned NFLN cut over to the Cowboys game and I missed a good amount).

nothing kills a thread like a good old fashioned pissing contest. :rolleyes:

Never has one football player on this message board caused as much consternation as Tim Tebow.

Corrected for accuracy.

I see what you did there. Well, didn't see it at first. So I posted a lame joke in reply. Then deleted my previous post. Then the light bulb went off and I really did see it. So I edited this post so that no one would ever know.

:)

Never has one football player on this message board caused as much consternation as Tim Tebow.

Indeed and it's got to the point where...........

6H43mP.jpg

I'd like to correct that a bit. Never has so much been devoted to the Third String QB. Did Andy Kafka get more than two stories; one when he was signed, and one when he was cut.

It is entirely disproportionate this attention on Tim Tebow.

Let him go marinate in Canada for three or four years where he belongs, and in a game more suited to his talents. It worked for Joe Kapp, and he couldn't throw either.

Cary Williams is still yappin'.
Once a Raven, always a Raven.

Cary Williams: Teams don't fear Eagles defense; Scrimmage with Patriots would have been handled differently by Ravens

"No question," the Eagles cornerback back. "They came in there talking. They had a lot of jokes, and [he-hes] and laughs, a lot of dirty plays that were going on. So there was a reason behind what I did, there was a reason behind the madness. At the end of the day, I still got to do things the way coach wants me to do it, and I understand that. But it definitely would have been a different situation if it was in Baltimore. It wouldn't have been a fun practice for the Patriots, I can tell you that."

Williams was acquired this off-season via free agency. He won a Super Bowl with the Ravens last year, but he hasn't practice much with the Eagles since the spring. He missed much of OTAs because he got married, was building a house and had dental work. And he's been bothered a by a hamstring injury since training camp started.

He said he wants to establish a toughness of defense.

"I feel like we need a nasty, no question," Williams said. "I feel like we got to establish a tenacity, a tough-nosed defense, a hard-nosed defense, something that's to be feared when it comes out to each and every week. Brian Dawkins alluded to it a couple of times when I spoke to him. He was talking about bring that fear back here. Right now, I don't know if there's anybody out there that fears this defense, especially after last week. So I think we have to come together, find a way to get back to those old days when Brian Dawkins was here. Strike the fear in individuals or teams."

Williams re-injured his hamstring and missed Thursday night's preseason game against the Patriots.

Okay Mr. Tough Guy ... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
For what it is worth (not much), snap counts for the Eagles game:

Snap counts: A look at how much playing time each Patriots player received against the Eagles | masslive.com

Offensive line
R.J. Mattes – 56 snaps
Luke Patterson – 47
Will Svitek – 46
Josh Kline – 44
Chris McDonald – 39
Matt Stankiewitch – 38
Brice Schwab – 26
Sebastian Vollmer – 16
Ryan Wendell – 16
Logan Mankins – 16
Nate Solder -- 16

Quarterbacks
Tom Brady -- 16
Tim Tebow -- 31
Ryan Mallett -- 25

Wide receivers
Aaron Dobson -- 44
Josh Boyce – 32
Kenbrell Thompkins – 31
Kamar Aiken – 19
Danny Amendola – 12
Quentin Sims – 11
Joe Haggerty -- 1

Running backs
Shane Vereen – 18
Brandon Bolden – 15
Stevan Ridley – 16
LeGarrett Blount – 13
Leon Washington – 12
Ben Bartholomew – 3
George Winn -1

Tight ends
Michael Hoomanawanui – 34
Zach Sudfeld – 33
Daniel Fells -- 32
Jake Ballard 12

Defensive backs
Logan Ryan – 81
Tavon Wilson – 77
Duron Harmon – 77
Marquice Cole -- 40
Justin Green –45
Kyle Arrington – 12
Adrian Wilson – 11
Aqib Talib – 11
Steve Gregory – 11
Brandon Jones -- 32

Defensive line
Michael Buchanan – 58
Marcus Benard – 42
Justin Francis – 41
Cory Grissom – 40
Marcus Forston – 34
Jake Bequette – 33
Joe Vellano – 32
Jason Vega – 26
Scott Vallone – 12
Rob Ninkovich – 12
Vince Wilfork – 11
Chandler Jones – 11
Tommy Kelly – 8
Anthony White -- 8

Linebackers
Steve Beauharnais – 47
Jamie Collins – 35
Dane Fletcher – 35
Mike Rivera – 20
A.J. Edds – 18
Dont’a Hightower – 15
Jeff Tarpinian – 12
Jerod Mayo – 11
Brandon Spikes – 11

Special Teams
Marquice Cole – 17
Tavon Wilson – 17
Kamar Aiken – 14
Niko Koutouvides – 12
Jeff Tarpinian – 12
Kanoris Davis – 11
Duron Harmon – 11
Zach Sudfeld – 10
Jamie Collins – 10
Dane Fletcher – 10
Brandon Bolden – 9
Matthew Slater – 8
Hoomanawanui – 8
Leon Washington – 8
Justin Francis – 8
Will Svitek – 7
Michael Buchanan – 7
Steve Beauharnais – 7
Logan Ryan – 7
Marcus Benard – 6
Mike Rivera – 6
R.J. Mattes – 5
Patterson – 5
McDonald – 5
Stankiewitch – 5
Schwab – 5
Green – 5
Brandon Jones – 5
Forston – 5
Edds – 5
Fells – 4
Edelman – 4
Arrington – 4
Adrian Wilson – 4
Sims – 3
Bequette – 3
Vereen – 2
Vollmer – 2
Wendell – 2
Mankins – 2
Solder – 2
Blount – 2
Ballard – 2
Haggerty – 2
Winn – 2
Grissom – 2
Vellano – 2
Talib – 2
Kline – 2
Hightower – 1
Mayo – 1
Gregory – 1
Wilfork – 1
Spikes – 1
Jones – 1
Kelly – 1
Boyce – 1

Stephen Gostkowski – 13
Danny Aiken – 8
Zoltan Mesko – 8
Mark Zupancic – 5
Ryan Allen – 4​

"But it definitely would have been a different situation if it was in Baltimore. It wouldn't have been a fun practice for the Patriots, I can tell you that."

I find this absolutely crazy - he must think that the Patriots practice with more intensity than the Ravens and so they would also be as offended as the Eagles were. Poor Cary - he was a knucklehead when he played for the Ravens & he's still a knucklehead...

We'll see how good Cary Williams is on a team that doesn't feature Ed Reed locking down 1/3 of the field for you.

Cry Williams.

Interesting that Steve Gregory only played in 11 snaps, along with the other three guys like Arrington, Talib, and A.Wilson.

I wonder if we can read anything into that in terms of so many here feeling as though he'll be cut?

Obviously DMcC will be handling the work on one side, but I still feel that a rotation of A.Wilson and Gregory will be the main players on the other side; particularly since Tavon Wilson looks like he's regressed.

I think Gregory is our best option at FS behind McCourty, hard for me to imagine him getting cut.

I think Gregory is our best option at FS behind McCourty, hard for me to imagine him getting cut.

Yeah, I tend to agree. While he's certainly not an ideal situation, he is by far the best FS that we currently have on the roster behind DMcC--as you said.

I think we'd all have liked to see T.Wilson have stepped up and made Gregory expendable, but that just didn't happen.

He can try and spin however he wants, but he knows Dobson was gonna burn him and bítch slap him all over the practice field.The only option he had to avert a day of humilation, was to grab Dobson's helmet and visor. Psyched out by a rookie, ya he's a real tough guy alright. :rolleyes:

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back