PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The OFFICIAL Patriots vs. Dolphins POST-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the way they played the second half is an indication of things to come. This could very well spark the offense on to a great second half of the season.

Some old school stats out there by Brady and the Pats today:

Brady 13 of 22, 166yards 1 TD 1 INT
I count 37 runs, 22 pass plays
And ..
W, 27-17

Also, wasn't there some stat about the first half being TFB's lowest one-half total since a game in 2003?

OK, Folks, lets talk about all the bandwagoners who were jumping at half-time and then about the AWESOME comeback..

No surprise. It's okay to be pissed when they sort of layed an egg in the first half but one TD was all we really needed to get back in the game.

Everybody's all suicidal about the offensive end of the ball... while the D continues to show that BB hasn't been twiddling his thumbs in the talent acquisition department... "But where's the outside threat but where's the outside threat..."

Can't have everything... where would you put it?

And yeah, when the O can lean on the D when it's down, that's golden... preferring this year's balance lately. Be able to run the ball, be able to stop somebody.

Dobson is an outside threat. Tom just has to look that way sometimes.

It was a terrible, terrible first half but don't ever give up on them.

This team has shown a great deal of resilience all year long. They're mentally tough. They play the full 60 minutes no matter what the score. They deserve the benefit of the doubt. They've proven it countless times over the years.

If the Saints game didn't prove it, hopefully this one did.

I still think the Saints win was my favorite one of the season.
Debatable.

This win definitely has more meaning to it being a division rival that was only 1½ games back coming into this one. The Patriots absolutely showed more grit and resiliency in this one than they did against the Saints. Although that was pretty special too, this one has way more meaning and value to it.

Dane fletcher sighting. He's our best cover lb.

I checked in (the board) around 1:20...read about 15 posts about how we suck, McD sucks, Brady sucks more than anyone (and is washed up) and we're just overall garbage...and then I logged off and watched our team make a great Patriot comeback. Life's about choices, I've been told ;)

You did the right thing. I chose to say in that cesspool of doubt until the tides turned. It's been so hard to be a member of this forum for long stretches this season, as the doubters have been out in full force. It's pathetic. I really don't know what people were expecting after the offseason we witnessed. How many key players did we lose then and now continue to lose due to injury? I posted a thread about it a few weeks ago and I'll say it again, I DO NOT BELIEVE THERE IS ANOTHER TEAM IN THE WHOLE NFL THAT COULD ENDURE WHAT THE PATS HAVE HAD TO ENDURE AND STILL HAVE A WINNING RECORD. Just look at the names and tell me it isn't impressive what this team has done thus far:

- Hernandez
- Welker
- Mayo
- Wilfork
- Talib
- Woodhead
- Vereen

C'mon man. Are we being serious right now? This team makes me proud to be a sports fan, win or lose. It's about persevering through the hard times and staying mentally tough no matter the situation. This team has proven they can do that. And to all the spoiled fans clamoring for 30ppg and all the flash of the past few seasons, remember that these ugly games were the norm during the championship seasons. Go ahead a reflect on that.:cool:

Good to see us play well in the second half, Shane the first half was awful!

And why weren't we blitzing in the first half?

Ryan looked good again!

OT: Dez Bryant cares more about his place among the NFL's elite more than winning a d*am football game. It's pathetic and I'm so happy we didn't draft that guy.

team will go nowhere come playoffs...but i think they at least get there

Good to see us play well in the second half, Shane the first half was awful!

And why weren't we blitzing in the first half?

Ryan looked good again!

We found a gem. The guy showed flashes in the preseason and has continued to play extremely well in spot duty during the regular season. I'd be shocked if he isn't playing more by the end of the season, no matter how significant or insignificant the Arrington injury becomes going forward. In fact, I feel he's outplayed Arrington in the chances he's had to play.

Jamie Collins played poorly and Thompkins did little (a great block at one stage), but this was a really good game for the rookies. Logan Ryan really starting to look like a playmaker.

And Devin McCourty is a beast.

Most of last week and the first half this week, Brady was locked on Gronk.
When he stopped doing that, he and the offense looked a lot better. For this team to have any kind of offensive success, Brady has to spread it around. Hopefully Dobson's play int eh second half today inspired some confidence in him from Brady.

I still can't figure out why Ridley isn't getting more touches. He averaged over 6 a carry today and just looks so much faster to the hole than anyone else. Still hurt maybe? Keeping his legs fresh?

What else? Cheap holding call on that Gronk touchdown callback, but really can't argue about the refs (but the Phins sure can).

I like Dane Fletcher a lot. He's all over the place out there.

Can't believe they won this game. Gutsy. And while I think this team has been gutted with injuries, they're going to win the division. Phins and Jets haven't played each other yet and Buffalo beat Miami in Miami. Amazing.

some classics from the game thread

Just not our year...maybe we should just tank it and get some higher picks...

I wonder what the heck is wrong with it that it's that swollen a week after the injury?
Probably swollen from writing that 14 million dollar check for his new NYC condo.

This team makes me proud to be a sports fan, win or lose. It's about persevering through the hard times and staying mentally tough no matter the situation. This team has proven they can do that.

As I've said before:

Yes, far too often they have looked absolutely dreadful.

It would not surprise me if—God forbid the Pats have another injury or two—this season ends up another 10-6/11-5 rebuilding year.

But at no point has this team completely given up and accepted that they were going to lose.

Thompkins was invisible today...why?

Gutty win, good effort in second half. MOMENTUM is big.

But, I am very concerned about Amendola. Before his concussion, he looked to have lost some of his exlposiveness out there. I don't know what it means to have your adductor torn off the bone, but it doesn't sound good, and I wonder if he's just become this year's version of last year's Deion Branch.

That being said, I'm shocked that Edelman is not out there anymore. Even Collie gets out there. And Ridley needs to start.

team will go nowhere come playoffs...but i think they at least get there

I have always respected you, even when I haven't agreed with you, but how can you be so sure about a statement like this one? This game alone should be evidence that a lot can change in sports in a very short period of times. This means some of the teams being considered elite now could fall off and teams that have question marks now can improve. Heck, we've seen it just about every year in NE, win or lose in the playoffs. This team often gets better as the year progresses. Young players are gaining valuable experience right now and that should only benefit them come playoff time.

I'm not saying we should be comfortable with this team right now. I'm not saying that there aren't major question marks. I'm just saying that we should have a little more faith in this team. They're winning despite everything they've faced before and during this season. I don't believe any other team could do what the Pats have done. I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic about this team. The young players are showing me the mental toughness of veterans and our veterans are continuing to simply "do [their] job." I'm encouraged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft