PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The OFFICIAL Patriots vs. Dolphins POST-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
OK, Folks, lets talk about all the bandwagoners who were jumping at half-time and then about the AWESOME comeback..

The Official Patriots vs Dolphins Post game thread

Please post your Post Game comments, knee jerk reactions, and insightful observations on this thread.

Wow! Even I thought that this was going to be a losing effort in the 3rd quarter. But I never gave up on the team and look what happened. Just like the NO game - don't give up on this team.

Big win in the division. Now go Cincy - Beat the Jets.

Sloppy game, take the W

Total team effort and total team domination in that second half. Tannehill and his O-Line melted like hot butter under pressure. Best win of the season by far.

Way to overcome a poor start. This team will always go down swinging. That's why you play 60 minutes of football.

d0Jmt.gif

almost as ugly a first half as last weekends second half.

Things in the second half started to turn around when SHOCK of ALL SHOCKs brady actually targeted someone other then gronk. Dobson with some great catches(1 called back due to penalty) this opened up running lanes for riddley and Blount.

The defense went straight up MAN mode in the second half just stopping the fins on every possession, blocking a field goalt and getting a half dozen sacks, and an int/fumble.

Just a great second half, but the fact remains that the patriots have not played a full game yet, Just a bunch of one half being good the other half being ****.

Roller coaster win but still a win. Worried about Volmer that scream was disturbing

Total team effort and total team domination in that second half. Tannehill and his O-Line melted like hot butter under pressure. Best win of the season by far.

Way to overcome a poor start. This team will always go down swinging.

d0Jmt.gif

I still think the Saints win was my favorite one of the season.

Well...wishing for the best for Vollmer

Great effort in the 2nd half.

A win is a win no matter how you dress it up. An ugly win as Halloween approaches seems apropos.lol

2 interceptions, 6 sacks, 1 Forced Fumble, 1 Blocked Field Goal. We haven't seen a line like that for our defense in a LONG time..

Chris Jones and Joe Vellano continue to show that they are great finds.

Logan Ryan with 2 great plays on the sacks he made today.

Marquice Cole when from goat to hero by being able to catch and hold onto the tip from McCourty.

Sucks that Vollmer got hurt bad.

Arrington also got hurt (groin) . Hope that Talib can be back next week.

The second half was very encouraging. They got the run game going, they got Dobson involved. The defense settled in nicely as well. Steelers next week, where they can get away with some sloppy play, and then the bye.

Well...wishing for the best for Vollmer

Great effort in the 2nd half.

This, like all the other injuries, is very concerning and even maybe more. We lose arguably our best offensive linemen on an already inconsistent group. Mankins was also hobbled.

:rofl:Looks like DaBruinz was in a hurry up offense and beat me by a minute.

A few observations:
1. We all could hear SeaBass scream when he went down. I hope for the best for him but it sure does not look good.
2. No more dropsies for Dobson
3. A W is a W but I don't understand the Ridley absence in the first half. He looks quicker and faster than our other backs.
4. The penalty on the Fins for batting the ball was legit in my opinion. Even if it wasn't it makes up for the call last week.

Last edited:
Since the game thread closed right after I posted this:

Suddenly into November. Home game vs Steelers then the bye, then onto the second half:

Mon, Nov 18 @Panthers
Sun, Nov 24 vs. Broncos
Sun, Dec 1 @Texans (Homecoming! varsity jackets!)
Sun, Dec 8 vs. Browns
Sun, Dec 15 @ Dolphins
Sun, Dec 22 @ Ravens
Sun, Dec 29 vs. Bills

Looks me like like they might be without Vollmer, maybe for the year.

I checked in (the board) around 1:20...read about 15 posts about how we suck, McD sucks, Brady sucks more than anyone (and is washed up) and we're just overall garbage...and then I logged off and watched our team make a great Patriot comeback. Life's about choices, I've been told ;)

I'm still worried longterm about Tom, but this Patriots passing defense is on par with the SB teams. When Talib returns, this unit could honestly carry us the whole way.

3rd in opposing qbr: 70.8
2nd in opposing comp pct:55%
5th in opposing yards per pass: 6.4
8th in opposing passing yards: 222
5th in PPG: 18

The CB foursome of Talib, Dennard, Arrington, and Ryan, along with a stud safety in McCourty, is making up one hell of a secondary.

Everybody's all suicidal about the offensive end of the ball... while the D continues to show that BB hasn't been twiddling his thumbs in the talent acquisition department... "But where's the outside threat but where's the outside threat..."

Can't have everything... where would you put it?

And yeah, when the O can lean on the D when it's down, that's golden... preferring this year's balance lately. Be able to run the ball, be able to stop somebody.

Re: The Official Patriots vs Dolphins Post game thread

Let me be the first to thank the refs for making up for last week's egregious call.
Sad to see Herr Volmer go down. Miguel will update us on all the incentives the poor guy is gonna lose through no fault of his own.
I love Ninko but his last sack was because nobody blocked him. Otherwise, he was held often.
Jones is tearing it up on the DL. Chris Jones. :)
DA did not have a good game.
I wanted Cole eviscerated after the 1st TD. Boy did he make up for it.

Satisfying second half but any team with a brain would keep running on the Patriots. The run D still leaves a lot to be desired.

I hope there are no people left questioning the call to draft Devin McCourty. He's playing the Safety position as well as we've seen in a long time for the Patriots.

Chandler Jones is a legitimate DPOY candidate. Frankly, he is a beast.

1st half was dog food
2nd half was filet mignon

nice gritty win after that horrible 1st half. offense still needs to get more consistent going forward, can't spot the other team big leads like that .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down