PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The OFFICIAL Patriots vs. Dolphins POST-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thompkins was invisible today...why?

Because Bledsoe spent the 1st half locked in on Coates.

Be interested to see his total snaps with Amendola, Edelman, Dobson, and Collie seeing their fair share of time.

Gutty win, good effort in second half. MOMENTUM is big.

But, I am very concerned about Amendola. Before his concussion, he looked to have lost some of his exlposiveness out there. I don't know what it means to have your adductor torn off the bone, but it doesn't sound good, and I wonder if he's just become this year's version of last year's Deion Branch.

That being said, I'm shocked that Edelman is not out there anymore. Even Collie gets out there. And Ridley needs to start.

Whatever the original game plan was, it needs to never be used again. It was horrible. Though Edelman was on the field and so was Amendola. That being said, they totally ignored Thompkins all game except for blocking assignments.

Thompkins is an excellent compliment to Dobson. And with Gronkowski, Edelman and Amendola, they would be a deadly 5 receiver attack as long as Brady didn't FOCUS on Gronkowski every time. Brady needs to spread it around. He really hasn't been doing that. Last week he tried to force it too much to Gronk. And the Interception today was exactly that. Trying to force it to Gronk.

man, that vollmers scream sent shivers down my spine. get well soon sea bass :(

I f******* need to find the person with the pats voodoo doll now and stop this string if injuries to key players

My dark horse player is going to be Collie. Nobody is expecting much from him, but I think he's going to be one of those unsung heroes later in the season. He's been in big games, has had big games, and is a very good route runner. He just has to get up to speed in this offense, something that I think may be a little easier for him considering he played with Manning for so many seasons.

TIP DRILL!

2013-10-2712_42_18.gif

I f******* need to find the person with the pats voodoo doll now and stop this string if injuries to key players

Man, me too. I literally got chills. I felt my body quiver just a bit.

Defense played great. Offense didn't use our best runner when Brady had a hand injury resulting in 2 to 1 time of possession and spotting Mia 14 points.

Don't understand why, but making up for Mayo, Wilfork, Talib and Kelly the D looked great IMO. I love the effort of our young DTs, knowing they just aren't physically able to be who they are replacing. great backups for the future and Jones has some rush skills.

I hope we appreciate when we see Spikes pushing two OLs into the QB that things like this just don't happen on other teams. They fold and start giving up 8 yards a carry. I salute you all!:americaflag:

The Pass Defense played great. The run defense was horrible, for the most part. This needs to be worked on. As the Pats showed today with their 6 sacks, they can and DO have a pass rush. They just need to be more consistent with it.

I will say this, wasn't it nice to have Dobson come up big?!?! 1 drop but he was nice today. If Brady gets healthy and spreads the ball around, we will have a potent offense.

I have always respected you, even when I haven't agreed with you, but how can you be so sure about a statement like this one? This game alone should be evidence that a lot can change in sports in a very short period of times. This means some of the teams being considered elite now could fall off and teams that have question marks now can improve. Heck, we've seen it just about every year in NE, win or lose in the playoffs. This team often gets better as the year progresses. Young players are gaining valuable experience right now and that should only benefit them come playoff time.

I'm not saying we should be comfortable with this team right now. I'm not saying that there aren't major question marks. I'm just saying that we should have a little more faith in this team. They're winning despite everything they've faced before and during this season. I don't believe any other team could do what the Pats have done. I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic about this team. The young players are showing me the mental toughness of veterans and our veterans are continuing to simply "do [their] job." I'm encouraged.

Not his only statement that's dumbfounding. He called game over after Brady was intercepted in the first quarter.

pats inside passing game needs to develop more. Amedola,edelman all these guys should have more plays inside the #s. Of course our o line is not helping. mankins was bad today as was solder at times.

Did Thompkins even have a catch today. I dont remember his name being called even once!

2 down, 1 to go. If the jets lose, all is good.

The Pass Defense played great. The run defense was horrible, for the most part. This needs to be worked on. As the Pats showed today with their 6 sacks, they can and DO have a pass rush. They just need to be more consistent with it.

The Patriots don't have a pass rush that's consistent. Most, if not all, of those sacks came when the Pats were selling out on almost every Tannehill dropback. Tannehill was very comfortable when the Patriots were not blitzing.

I will say this, wasn't it nice to have Dobson come up big?!?! 1 drop but he was nice today. If Brady gets healthy and spreads the ball around, we will have a potent offense.
I agree.

:rofl:Looks like DaBruinz was in a hurry up offense and beat me by a minute.

A few observations:
1. We all could hear SeaBass scream when he went down. I hope for the best for him but it sure does not look good.
2. No more dropsies for Dobson
3. A W is a W but I don't understand the Ridley absence in the first half. He looks quicker and faster than our other backs.
4. The penalty on the Fins for batting the ball was legit in my opinion. Even if it wasn't it makes up for the call last week.

I wonder if we're going to hear all week that the Dolphins are cheaters for committing that penalty and their coaches are incompetent for not making their players aware of it.

Vollmer's scream reminded me of when I tore my ACL playing hockey.. I know it's a bad injury, but hoping it's a broken leg instead of damage to the ACL..

Whatever the original game plan was, it needs to never be used again. It was horrible. Though Edelman was on the field and so was Amendola. That being said, they totally ignored Thompkins all game except for blocking assignments.

Thompkins is an excellent compliment to Dobson. And with Gronkowski, Edelman and Amendola, they would be a deadly 5 receiver attack as long as Brady didn't FOCUS on Gronkowski every time. Brady needs to spread it around. He really hasn't been doing that. Last week he tried to force it too much to Gronk. And the Interception today was exactly that. Trying to force it to Gronk.

Agree with this. Seems to me we are much more productive offensively when we involve Dobson and Thompkins (even with the drops). And Dobson really deserves some credit. He has the, admittedly very early, makings of a legit outside threat for the Patriots. I'd much rather see Brady look his way rather than throw to a triple covered Gronk.

Did Thompkins even have a catch today. I dont remember his name being called even once!

Nope. The only time they called his name was when he threw a damn good block in the running game.

Some old school stats out there by Brady and the Pats today:

Brady 13 of 22, 166yards 1 TD 1 INT
I count 37 runs, 22 pass plays
And ..
W, 27-17

Also, wasn't there some stat about the first half being TFB's lowest one-half total since a game in 2003?

Yup, 25 yards in the 1st half.

Your game total above is 50 yards too many. Amazing they scored 27 points with these passing numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back