PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Dolphins Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh the they had them by the balls on third down and decided to play prevent....sheesh that will kill ya everytime

"Tannehill's been good in the 4th quarter, so Miami's in good shape." - Cowher

And what is Brady in the 4th quarter?

Brady has been almost perfect in the 4th lately.

I blame the coaches before I blame a back up special teams player.

Blame? Blame for what? Holding a team to one score in a half? The Patriots are up on the road. In the 1st half!!!

Get a grip. That was a great half of football.

I just don't know why we can't force a turnover.

And no, the snapper snapping the ball before the holder is ready does not count as a forced turnover.

The pass rush was good all half not the defense. They missed a fg bc the ball was snapped into the holders face and then gave up a TD at the end of the half like it was nothing.

The defense is bad. Sometimes it is not super bad but it is bad. Not all it's fault there sure tons of injuries.

The defense played fine the first half other than the final drive. They have played fairly well vs. the run and have played fairly well in coverage. The Dolphins punted their first three drives and never crossed the 50 on any of them. Even on the screwed up field goal attempt, the Dolphins only got 36 yards of offense and benefitted from good field position.

Let's not spin the offense being bad because of one drive. Before that last drive, it was one of the better defensive performances by this team all season.

I want some Edelman and amendola on the next drive. If Brady can get in sync with them, they can be deadly little receivers.

One good thing to talk about:

14 rushes by the dolphins, 54 yards, 3.9 YPC allowed.

That's better. Especially since the Fish started their first drive with some good runs....

whenever I listen to the half time show or in game play by play , everyone is hoping the other team somehow beats the Patriots. The hatred is absolutely ridiculous. :rolleyes:

embrace the hate for it is born of envy

Read that screen call right off the bat. Dolphins have it well-timed by now.

That play felt like it happened in slow motion.

Matt Chatham ‏@chatham58 16s
#Patriots burned by blitz again. Bring 6, everyone singled. TD. #RealyNeedToBlitzMore They don't do it much for a reason. #NoHelp

Why blitz when the clock is your friend?

The defense played fine the first half other than the final drive. They have played fairly well vs. the run and have played fairly well in coverage. The Dolphins punted their first three drives and never crossed the 50 on any of them. Even on the screwed up field goal attempt, the Dolphins only got 36 yards of offense and benefitted from good field position.

Let's not spin the offense being bad because of one drive. Before that last drive, it was one of the better defensive performances by this team all season.

I agree 100% that it was one of their better performances. The issue is that good defenses don't let teams march down the field like that at the end of the half. Also the third down issues are bad. No big deal. That is just how the defense is.

I am happy they are winning.

need to get back to running the ball

"Tannehill's been good in the 4th quarter, so Miami's in good shape." - Cowher

And what is Brady in the 4th quarter?

And Cowher is wrong. The Dolphins got 3 points in the 4th two games ago. Zero points in the fourth the game before that. Three points in the fourth the game before that. Zero points in the fourth before that. So in the last five games, the Dolphins have scored a combined 13 points in the fourth for an average of 2.6 PPG average in the fourth quarter in the last five games.

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 18s
With CB Kyle Arrington not spotted on sideline, coaches have decision to make: CB Marquice Cole in nickel, or CB Logan Ryan?

Solder and the OL putting in a great day at work today. Brady unmolested for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore