PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Dolphins Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
An up-tempo offense will work well against a defense that is constantly shuffling personnel. If Miami uses a bunch of different groupings for the run and passing games, then the Pats should use an up-tempo offense to exploit any mismatches that show up.

Inactives DE Bequette, LB Beuaharnais, WR Dobson, WR Thompkins, TE DJ Williams, OL Barker, DE Buchanan.

So our OT's are Svitek, a hobbled Canon and a guy who was held out of Wednesday's practice for a concussion.

Patriots Vs. Dolphins: Miami?s Pass Rush Packs A Punch « CBS Boston

"Although the Dolphins are ranked only 17th in the league in total defense, they have one of the best pass rushes in the NFL. Miami is one of only five NFL defenses with more than 40 sacks so far this season. Second-year defensive end Olivier Vernon is having a monster year with 11.5 sacks, while fellow DE Cameron Wake has 7.5. The Dolphins are also tied for fifth in the league in interceptions with 16. Cornerbacks Brent Grimes and Dimitri Patterson have four picks apiece. However, the Dolphins are somewhat vulnerable against the run; they are ranked only 23rd in the NFL in rushing defense, giving up 118.8 yards per game."

I'm sorry, but that does NOT add up to "Let's spread it out and sling it without to Edelman, Amendola and Vereen today instead of attacking a mediocre run defense with 6 good runners all under the age of 27 while keeping the clock running and our D off the field on an 86 degree day".

Last edited:
So our OT's are Svitek, a hobbled Canon and a guy who was held out of Wednesday's practice for a concussion.

Patriots Vs. Dolphins: Miami?s Pass Rush Packs A Punch « CBS Boston

"Although the Dolphins are ranked only 17th in the league in total defense, they have one of the best pass rushes in the NFL. Miami is one of only five NFL defenses with more than 40 sacks so far this season. Second-year defensive end Olivier Vernon is having a monster year with 11.5 sacks, while fellow DE Cameron Wake has 7.5. The Dolphins are also tied for fifth in the league in interceptions with 16. Cornerbacks Brent Grimes and Dimitri Patterson have four picks apiece. However, the Dolphins are somewhat vulnerable against the run; they are ranked only 23rd in the NFL in rushing defense, giving up 118.8 yards per game."

I'm sorry, but that does NOT add up to "Let's spread it out and sling it without to Edelman, Amendola and Vereen today instead of attacking a mediocre run defense with 6 good runners all under the age of 27 and keep our D off the field on an 86 degree day".

I agree, that kind of spread O could get Tom killed.

An up-tempo offense will work well against a defense that is constantly shuffling personnel. If Miami uses a bunch of different groupings for the run and passing games, then the Pats should use an up-tempo offense to exploit any mismatches that show up.

The Pats have the personnel for up tempo running today. Keep Mulligan and Develin out there and rotate in the ball carriers.

Next week with Dobson and Thompkins back, they can switch it up more and play an entitrely different game against Baltimore.

Last edited:

Gronk is gone for the year. He was the Swiss Army Knife key to the up-tempo run-pass switch offense.

Alot of people are saying "Hey let's do this", without actually looking at the personnel available for today's game and the Dolphins Defense particular strengths and weaknesses.

Last edited:
man .. perception along these pre-game shows is that the pats have no chance without Gronk .. Almost as if they have forgotten how to play ball .. I just hope we keep it competitive .. maybe within 2 touchdowns of the Dolphins maybe? :bricks:

also .. can we get some QB pressure this game? Seems like forever we haven't been able to get some hot sauce on the opposing QB .. :mad:

man .. perception along these pre-game shows is that the pats have no chance without Gronk .. Almost as if they have forgotten how to play ball .. I just hope we keep it competitive .. maybe within 2 touchdowns of the Dolphins maybe? :bricks:

I love how everyone says we are done and we have no chance. Didn't we think that about the ravens?? Squish the d@mn fish today and set up the run to the promise land, without gronk.

also .. can we get some QB pressure this game? Seems like forever we haven't been able to get some hot sauce on the opposing QB .. :mad:

Jones faced probably the best LT in football last Sunday. He'll return to form today.

The who-man is back! Vegas line just shifted to Patriots -10 1/2

Funny. I thought the Pats scored all their points after the injury. :confused:

good...Solder and Cannon both active

so 'home' blue jerseys for the Pats as expected ?

eddai !!!!!
Go Pats !!!!!

Jones faced probably the best LT in football last Sunday. He'll return to form today.

that is true .. Thomas is an animal .. Quietly doing his thing in Cleveland, he is such a lo-profile player ..

I really wish either Dobson or Thompkins were playing today, this makes me nervous!

Bye folks, no game on tv here in Maryland today - - so I'm off to my local Greene Turtle to watch and scream!

The line on this game has gone from the Patriots favored by 3, to even right after Sunday's game, to the Dolphins favored by anywhere from 1½ to 3 points depending on where you shop. I would have to assume that there's a lot of money being placed on Miami for that shift to continue in that direction.

Here's to the Patriots causing the wallets of the doubters to being a bit lighter in three and a half hours.

:thumb:

No Buchannon or Bequette ...... so, 3-4? I wonder why on Buchannon otherwise.

That stadium ALWAYS looks half-full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft