PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Cowboys game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ras I Dowling is proving to be a not very good draft pick for BB.

I know he has looked good when he has played, but he wasn't drafted earlier because he was known for his injuries, and he hasn't been able to stay on the field.

I would expect better from a great drafter like BB is.

A few tweets were talking about how extensively Vereen has been warming up- would not be surprised if they put him in at KR.

Some links while we wait for kickoff:

Patriots vs. Cowboys: Five Questions With Todd Archer Of ESPNDallas.com :pats Confidential
3. Do you think Jason Witten will be the player on the Dallas offense that the Patriots will need to take away if they expect to slow down the Cowboys?

Absolutely. If you go back to ’07 Belichick’s main target was Witten, not Terrell Owens. Witten had three catches in that game. Look at the San Diego game this year when the Patriots beat up on Antonio Gates. Witten is more than a security blanket for Romo. He is the key figure in the passing game because he opens things up on the outside.

Patriots – Cowboys Key Matchups :pats Pub
Dallas has good corners in Terrence Newman and Mike Jenkins, but both have been hurt but may be back for this one. That will mean that Ryan will probably move Orlando Scandrick into the slot to cover Wes Welker, or move Jenkins inside and shift Scandrick to the outside to cover Deion Branch and Chad Ochocinco.

The Patriots once again will need those two to step it up to keep the corners occupied, because if Dallas’ defense has a weakness it’s at the safety position. And Brady will be looking to attack just that with Aaron Hernandez and Rob Gronkowski with Welker in the slot. Ryan will attempt to rotate some coverages to counter this but that is where the Patriots will target their attack. If Hernandez and Gronk are splitting the defense down the middle, it will open up a lot of other avenues.

My Five Keys To Victory For The Patriots Against The Cowboys :pats Confidential
1. The Patriots defense needs to confuse Tony Romo and his offensive line. The Cowboys have a young offensive line, and a quarterback who can be prone to making mistakes.

The Patriots should really try to disguise their coverages, and really make Romo think back in the pocket. For this game, I would use a 3 man line, and drop everyone else back into coverage on passing downs. I would try everything in my power to force Romo into making a mistake.

Prediction: Cowboys at Patriots :Derek's Patriots Blog
This week’s match up of the Dallas Cowboys at the New England Patriots should prove to be one of the most interesting games throughout the weekend. While I believe the Pats could be overwhelmed by Dallas’ high powered offense, I still think New England pulls out the win at home.

I am most concerned the Patriots are coming off a tough division game against the New York Jets and are heading into the bye week, while the Cowboys are coming off a bye week. The Pats should prove to be to much to handle and I have confidence the defense can force a few turnovers. With this in mind, my prediction is Patriots – 34, Cowboys – 24.

PreGame Post: A shootout in Foxboro :Nick's Take
Dez Bryant and Miles Austin vs Pats Secondary

I’m torn on how the secondary will play against these guys. They’re not better than Santonio Holmes and Plaxico Burress who where shutdown last week, but they do have a better quarterback in Romo throwing to them. The secondary’s success will live and die with the pressure on Romo.

Listen to three PatsFans.com forum members preview the game:
Patriots vs. Cowboys Preview 10/15 by PatriotsFourthAndTwo | Blog Talk Radio

Links to eleven articles on the game from the Cowboys' point of view:
OPPOSING VIEWS: Cowboys Links :Ian's New England Patriots Blog

It's getting frustrating with Dowling. Let's hope he's healthy after the bye.

I've been frustrated with him as well. He obviously has all of the tools, but those tools keep breaking. It's annoying.

I've been frustrated with him as well. He obviously has all of the tools, but those tools keep breaking. It's annoying.

same old song and dance with these high picks.

Like some already posted, not feeling this game.. Cowboys have had two weeks to prep for this team .. On another note, last week I was "locked" out of the game thread for saying "Tom Brady looks like he's playing scared" .. Wow, really? Hopefully this week I can last (she said)..

Like some already posted, not feeling this game.. Cowboys have had two weeks to prep for this team .. On another note, last week I was "locked" out of the game thread for saying "Tom Brady looks like he's playing scared" .. Wow, really? Hopefully this week I can last (she said)..

I said the same thing. I'm glad they didn't lock me out.

same old song and dance with these high picks.

If just a few more of the million 2-round picks would have panned out, I don't think this defense would be giving up so many yards and looking as bad as it's looked at times.

I have Lions-49ers game on TV, and Patriots-Boys next. One hour to Patriots and thr 49ers game is 9 minutes in 3rd quarter. Its ridiculous. Its so frustrating.

To add to the blood pressure of some of the posters here, Reiss has just tweeted that it's pretty windy and Gostie has tried kicking from 53 yards out from both ends and missed on both.

im not a fan of zolak on the sidelines this year, on the radio broadcast, it looks like there trying to phase out gino and gil would probably be next

Bills just tied the score 24-24:mad:

Last edited:
To add to the blood pressure of some of the posters here, Reiss has just tweeted that it's pretty windy and Gostie has tried kicking from 53 yards out from both ends and missed on both.

I've read some pretty hare brained pseudo intellectual posts this past week that tried to advance the notion that football can be distilled down into mathematical formulas that predict success. My perspective on football is that it is most like a Marine war game in that ,to win, you must improvise, adapt and overcome. To put it another way, as Al Davis was fond of saying "Just win, baby..".

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News