PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Browns Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most teams can lose their TE no matter how good he is without any problem assuming they have good WR's.

Brady now has garbage for the most part to throw too.

All done

On the bright side... Gronk won't spend the offseason dancing shirtless in the clubs.

Well, all things considered, he oughta quit football and spend his better years enjoying as many girls as he can get. These injuries really aren't worth it.

Nothing wrong with the hit on gronk... That play is a ticking time bomb

In other sports, you pull stuff like that, it would be considered a potential career ending cheapshot resulting in fines, suspensions, bans, and other serious repercussions. In the NFL its not even a penalty; something is seriously wrong here.

Between all the major injuries on the Pats and across the league and the poor officiating across the league, this has been one of the most unenjoyable seasons of football in general that I can remember.

this is so true. I'm not even mad at this point just frustrated. We finally had a great defense and they get decimated by injuries and now we lose Gronk again, this on top of losing 2 games directly because of the refs. **** this season.

This officiating is despicable. Ward should go after boger next, do fans everywhere a huge favor.

Fletcher clearly held on the first down screen. Should be 10-3.

Finally call ward for mugging gronk and he goes after his knee next play. Disgusting.

Where's Archery, I need some positivity....

Win or lose I am avoiding any NFL media this week...

This game is quickly becoming an entire season falling apart and an absolute nightmare. Apart from what is quickly heading to a loss in a home game against a bad team, they lose the one difference maker they have on offense apart from Brady. At some point, the Pats need to figure out ways to preserve Gronkowski for the playoffs. It's three years now he won't be available with a body that is generally falling apart fast. We saw what happened to Jake Ballard after knee surgery.

I have no idea what happened in practice this week, but a showing like this is inexcusable. Playing catch up AGAIN and being forced to do things creates these kinds of vulnerabilities. Haven't been this discouraged by a game in a long time. That injury is going to have lasting effects on this team's abilities this year and next. What a dark game. Holy S.

If people thought this offense was flat before...just wait the next several weeks are going to be a lot like the first few weeks of the season. Unfortunately if it is a year of recovery time that is needed, the Pats will have to do something about the position in the offseason.

yeah i am being serious. Brady needs to learn that his job is not secure. maybe then he will stop this mopey bull****.

Anyone who uses that argument is quite frankly an idiot.

YOU CAN'T HIT SOMEONE IN THE HEAD SO YOU HAVE TO HIT THEM IN THE KNEE!!!!

FFS shoulder down to the thigh is easily a big enough target area.

Yeah well then how about all the rash of knee injuries this year because of going low ? Also it not like target practice when your tackling low to many variables angle speed position etc.

We still have a TON of time to win this game, but my heart's not in it with Gronk going down. No win will replace the loss of him if he's done for the season.

On top of the world after the Broncos game, followed up by back to back horrible performances.

Nothing wrong with the hit on gronk... That play is a ticking time bomb

Brady has played so stupid in this game I just can't believe it. I have always praised him for the way he protects his receivers. He did not give Gronk a chance.

If we're talking common sense, this is correct. But in Goodell's bizarro NFL ... everyone I'm following on Twitter — from writers to Pereira — is saying "legal hit." That's the idiocy of this situation, that in Goodell's world, they are correct.

Goodell and all the jokers on twitter are wrong. I am not saying it was an illegal hit--it was legal--I am saying most players say that hits to the knee have always been understood to be off limits.

The NFL always covers it's own backside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes