PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Browns Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Gronk never plays again, I want him in the damn HOF. :mad:

you make an actual tackle

you don't launch your body like a missile, arms at your sides, with no intent of making a legit tackle

whether it is at your head or kness, launching your body like that is not tackling - never was, never has been

That's a steaming crock. That's a tackle any way you cut it. It always has been. Smaller DB's go low on bigger TE's because they give up so much size. The knee is a part of the leg unfortunately. Given that DB's can no longer go high, these things will happen.

Matt Chatham ‏@chatham58 59s
You force defensive backs to go low, that's what happens. Extremely unfortunate, but either you go low or you risk fines/penalties. #Gronk

Don't give me that ******* ****. That was a helmet to the knee. Completely dirty play.

If he was trying to make a clean tackle, his arms would have been out, but he tucked his arms in, intending to lead with his helmet, every inch of the way.

Win or lose I am avoiding any NFL media this week...
You mean where the nfl and the commish come out and say that there was nothing wrong with the officiating?

Brady has played so stupid in this game I just can't believe it. I have always praised him for the way he protects his receivers. He did not give Gronk a chance.

He can't protect his players from opposing defenders going after the knee

Where's Archery, I need some positivity....

I would love to give some. But the refs screw us, and now this. It's sickening. I am afraid I don't think we go .500 the last end of the stretch and then 1 and done. This game is over. Unless Tom is truly super human, we have no shot. I give up

Brady has played so stupid in this game I just can't believe it. I have always praised him for the way he protects his receivers. He did not give Gronk a chance.

The stupidity in the 1st half finally gets rewarded

What a sickening play to have to watch.

Sorry to say folks - crappy receivers and no Gronk is game over for this team.

Meh...this team would've easily rolled into the SB without key injuries and a murdering *****.

**** this season

No catch.

'Crappy receivers" or no, Brady needs to pull it together soon.

Anyone who uses that argument is quite frankly an idiot.

YOU CAN'T HIT SOMEONE IN THE HEAD SO YOU HAVE TO HIT THEM IN THE KNEE!!!!

FFS shoulder down to the thigh is easily a big enough target area.

Clearly it is not because players do not run like gingerbread men. They bend at the waist and brace for hits making the area between the shoulders and waist about 4 inches long. The NFL has repeatedly fined defenders for aiming at the waist but having the runner bend into the hit showing that even when a defender tries to make a clean hit it can be prevented by the offensive player- and the defender will still get blamed.

The NFL caused this problem.

This team so desperately needs a legitimate WR and an interior, big offensive guard. Best case scenario is that Gronk just has deep bone bruise, but I know that's wishful thinking. If not, good bye season.

That looked pretty clear that wasn't a catch. These refs are awful. The Browns are just lucky that the big bad calls against them are reviewable.

There was absolutely nothing dirty about that play. People in here need to STFU and quit whining.

That's a steaming crock. That's a tackle any way you cut it. It always has been. Smaller DB's go low on bigger TE's because they give up so much size. The knee is a part of the leg unfortunately. Given that DB's can no longer go high, these things will happen.

there's a difference between going low and launching your body, arms at your side, and leading with the helmet

one is football

one isn't

I would love to give some. But the refs screw us, and now this. It's sickening. I am afraid I don't think we go .500 the last end of the stretch and then 1 and done. This game is over. Unless Tom is truly super human, we have no shot. I give up

A Dobson/KT/Edelman/Amendola spread could still work though. Gotta believe

Well hopefully everyone comes back healthy next year and we have a good draft..just not feeling this season will end in any other way then a loss in the playoffs too many injuries. .

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes