PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots Draft (Day 1) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB always wants to think he is the smartest coach/out there....and leaves everyone scratching their heads as to what he is up to....... only problem is he is historically bad at picking talented.....and arrogant. First thing analysists said. Was.......
"Well he is a great special teams player".....
""

Historically bad at picking talent? Holy overreaction, Batman!

I didn't like the pick myself, but some people here are just ridiculous. Don't waste your time on this board, go jump off a cliff. Your expert imput won't really be missed.

Last edited:
So lots of people hating the McCourty pick but from the sounds of it this kid epitomizes a Patriot. He does it all. Returns kicks, blocks kicks, toughness, hard worker, quickness, run support, instincts, press coverage, good hands, etc...

The ONLY knock on the kid seems to be he needs to add a little muscle to shed some of the bigger receivers... and people are PISSED?

BB still has a bunch of picks left, he addressed a position of need, the info on McC sounds awfully good, plus we rained on Rexie's parade. What's not to like?

BB still has a bunch of picks left, he addressed a position of need, the info on McC sounds awfully good, plus we rained on Rexie's parade. What's not to like?

Kyle Wilson isnt exactly swiss cheese.

Amen to that. If Bill took my grandma, some around here would say, well she's experienced and she'll play with a sense of urgency, in Bill we trust. Seriously fellas. When we win the Super Bowl again, then you can start telling everyone who doesn't like the pick to grow up and to shut up. Right now we are an aging team with no young playmakers and sliding backwards,
You beach about no young play makers while beaching about the one BB just drafted. Classic.

I've got a beach about Bill's choice! I had him on my short list for the draft contest, and he was the last one I took off before my final entry. :(

Is that our only pick of the draft?

No but he better turn out to be a baller when you pass up people like Bryant or Ordick.

Where would you have picked him? Honestly. He is a first round talent and two more corners went behind him in round 1 including Wilson who many had rated ahead of McCourty.

Its not about the player, its a need... We need pass rushers and playmakers... sorry but this is not going to help right away...

I do thank BB for not making me look like a jackass with my EXTREMELY RARE that the Pats drop out of the first round thread.....phew....

Its now 1 for 9 for BB and 3 for 41 years in Pats history

Agreed. Ben Tate would be a reasonable choice at 53.

No question BB moves all over the place tomorrow.

Tate will be wearing the Flying Elvis soon enough.

The first draft is over. We ended up with McCurty and a 3rd in next day's draft.

Tomorrow is a new draft. There are 9 passrushers available. 2 quarterbackers figure to be near the top. We have picks 12, 15 and 21 in the 2nd, and the 26th pick in the 3rd.

This makes things a little more comprehensible. I needed to hear this.

Two thoughts on McCourty.

1- BB knows way more about football than I will ever know.

2- WTF?!! McCourty? a DB??!!

Hoping for a better tomorrow. Literally!

You dont draft certain players because of what other teams do.

Erm, yes you do. You react to other teams.

And aren't you the one shaking and trembling about upgrading the pass rush?

While I am not putting McCourtey down because we haven't seen him yet,Seriously some homer radicals here would find something positive if BB drafted Zoltan Mesko at #1

And thats the truth

#15 Zoltan Mesko
Mesko moved with his family from Romania when he was 12 years old. He carries a 3.9 GPA and has already scored a 1200 SAT. He will be a four-year varsity starter in 2004. He kicked a long field goal of 47 yards as a junior and had a punt average of 48.5 yards.

Sounds like a solid second rounder....

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore