PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots Day 2 draft thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Tonight beginning at 7 Pm the Patriots have picks #'s 48 & 62. If they don't trade down, that will be the end of the 2012 draft for the Patriots.

There are still good players to be had tonight. I did a list of players that I would be happy to see the Patriots take. I came up with 4 Safeties, 4 CB's,5DT/DE's, 4 WR's , 3 DE?OLB's, 3 OG/C and 1 RB. There are several OT's, if they want to go there.

My #1 CB is Casey Hayward, from Vandy. I did pencil in Jarious Jenkins,CB but I really don't know if he will be a fit for the Patriots.

So after being happy and excited about the Patriots 1st round picks, tonight's draft could be the frosting on the cake.:rocker:

here is a list of the top 20 players available according to this writer:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/18849517/best-available-after-round-one

Last edited:
Is this a duplicate thread??...or is this the 'unofficial' Day 2 thread

EDIT: Nevermind, I now realize this is the Patriots specific thread

Last edited:
Last edited:
Boykin and Iloka please! Fixed the Front 7 now time for the back 4!

Tavon Wilson - weclome to New England!

So, after a great night last night, BB gives us our "WTF" moment. Tavon Wilson? Really? This is a guy who was way over-drafted. Not like others in the past who had grades that could have put them into the 2nd round (Wheatley). Wilson's highest grade was as a 5th rounder.

I know that there are things that we don't get to see, but it doesn't usually result in a 3 round difference... Usually it's a half-round to one round.

There will be a lot of pressure on this kid..

Tavon Wilson - weclome to New England!

Who? I honestly can't find him on any draft websites and we picked him in the 2nd round. Should be interesting

Hate to be a Saint but

WHO DAT ? :D

Who? I honestly can't find him on any draft websites and we picked him in the 2nd round. Should be interesting

You should be able to find him on CBSSPorts.com under Free Safety.. He was rated the 9th best FS by them..

Yes, Travon Wilson, whoever you are, welcome to ther NE Patriots.

Tavon Wilson, Illinois, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

ProFootballWeekly.com - Draft Prospect - Tavon Wilson

Summary: Athletic and well-proportioned, Wilson is a physically and mentally tough defensive back who has played corner and free safety, though his movement skills are more smooth than sudden. At his best in zone where he can keep plays in front of him. Reads and reacts quickly, drops downhill under control and is physical filling in run support. Average pedal speed and transitional quickness, as he lacks range and recovery burst off the hash and does not make impact plays on the ball. Needs to get stronger as a tackler.

images

Last edited:
I was hoping for Markelle Martin :(

Tavon Wilson ... :confused::confused::confused: Why, BB, why?

What was wrong with Antonio Allen?

LOL, obviously the Bill Belichick who made the great picks last night was an imposter, this is the Bill Belichick we all know and love so well, picking an undrafted free agent in the middle of the 2nd round lol. This is the Bethel ******* Johnson of the 2010's. BFJ was rated in the 7th round and we snatched him up over Pro Bowl receiver Anquan Boldin. Which future Pro Bowl safety did we just pass over ?

Trade players for late picks?

The Pats expect to get late picks. We've been assuming this means a trade down.

But it might also mean they have a deal in mind trading some current player for a minor pick.

Of course, the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Draft rating just went from "A" yesterday, to "WTF ?". Once again BB tricks everyone by trying to prove he's smarter than everyone by picking an unknown 7th round to undrafted free agent safety who will probably last a year. Good job BB, you showed everybody how it's done, **** everybody else, let's waste a mid second round pick instead of using it on someone who's talented and worthy of a 2nd round pick. Obviously the draft board is really just a dart board.

Still haven't got to grips with this pick.

I'm hanging on to the memory that Seabass was considered a reach at the time he was picked in the second round.

Re: Trade players for late picks?

At this point, I don't think Belichick wants any more draft picks this year

Sure its an unfamiliar player but its annoying when we act like its a bad pick when the reality is we don't know a damn. Unless you are watching scouting tape, and no that doesn't mean you watch college games, then frankly you are in no position to pass judgement on any pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back