PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official NFL Draft Day 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Colts drafted a real Fugger.

All of Fugger's write-ups carefully specify that it's pronounced FEW-ger. :)

(Not a bad player, actually. But pointless for the Patriots at this stage...a poor man's Bequette.)

So essentially the Pats traded Green Bay Casey Hayward and Terrel Manning for Jake Bequeete, Nate Ebner, and two 7ths... barf.

Uh... no that's not right. It's Casey Hayward for Bequette, Ebner and two 7ths. Four players for the one pick.

If you want to tie Terrel Manning into it, the trade value is:

Hayward = Bequette + Manning
Manning = Enber + 2x7th

the bungles.....damn they have a great draft every year and still sux...

Aren't they famous for not having any scouting department? I thought they finally broke down and hire a player personnel guy, but it appears that they just pick the guys rated highest by mediots. No wonder they keep sucking.

So essentially the Pats traded Green Bay Casey Hayward and Terrel Manning for Jake Bequeete, Nate Ebner, and two 7ths... barf.

So...a CB with a moderate chance of becoming a backup and an equally rated LB with multiple injuries in his past traded for......

Terrence Wheatley and Andy Katzenmoyer for Bequette (who may be a Mike Wright or may be nothing), Ebner (who may be a ST stud or may be nothing), and two 7th's? I'll take door #2.

But Terrel Manning and Casey Hayward had little profiles in the draft magazine, I know.

So anyone going to take a 7th round flyer on Burfict or is he toast ?

Belichick's decided that special teams are the future, and he's looking for 53 guys to play them. He'll be announcing the cuts of Brady and Wilfork later today.

Word has it that Connolly's job is safe.

Special teams actually matter in a football game.
You don't have to release your best players to fill the end of the roster with guys who make the end of the roster better.
Criticizing to criticize again, huh?

In rugby, you have to form tackle. You're not allowed to "hit". That said, they do take a beating as the action is non-stop. My son played rugby and the football players had a tough time keeping up.

I played at the collegiate level. We were allowed to hit and hit hard. It simply wasn't advisable. As college players, we toured Scotland one year and played younger kids (we were 18-24), we played a bunch of 17-18 shrimps. It was a hilarious game. We destroyed those kids and beat them black and blue. But of course, after hitting them hard American-football style, the ball would be out and some lightning fast 5-6 135 pounder would be scoring a try downfield. I think they beat us something like 56-3, and we were a championship US team.

In rugby you don't get a clean shot at the guy with the ball. You're supposed to mark your man, and 95% of the time, the ball is out when you go in for the tackle. If you're on the ground beneath your guy after tackling him and he just released the ball, the offense has the advantage. You need to pursue the ball. You rarely get a hit as you do in football because when a receiver or RB has the ball, you know they are not going to lateral it. You go right to the ball and try to separate him from it.

So...a CB with a moderate chance of becoming a backup and an equally rated LB with multiple injuries in his past traded for......

Terrence Wheatley and Andy Katzenmoyer for Bequette (who may be a Mike Wright or may be nothing), Ebner (who may be a ST stud or may be nothing), and two 7th's? I'll take door #2.

But Terrel Manning and Casey Hayward had little profiles in the draft magazine, I know.

No, they are good prospects. how they do in the NFL is another matter but they are more than "little profiles in the draft magazine"

Cowboys.......Jerry likes talented players ...:)

In response to the "no HS football" posts and Mt. Vollmer, Wikipedia says:

Jugend
Vollmer besuchte das Quirinus-Gymnasium Neuss und machte dort 2003 sein Abitur. Als Jugendlicher war Sebastian Vollmer auch ein guter Schwimmer und beim Neusser Schwimmverein in einer Trainingsgruppe mit Thomas Rupprath.[2] Im Alter von 14 Jahren fing er an, American Football zu spielen. Von 1998 bis 2003 spielte Vollmer als Tight End bei den Düsseldorf Panther und empfahl sich dort für seine spätere College-Karriere.

:D

OK, for those of you who don't know German. . . .

Born in Düsseldorf, Germany, Vollmer did not start playing American football until he was 14 years old. He attended Quirinus Gymnasium, a secondary school in Neuss, Germany. He played American football for the Düsseldorf Panthers and helped his team to a 25-0 record and two national Junior Bowl wins. After appearing in the 2004 Global Junior Championships in San Diego, California, he was recruited by college coaches as a 250-pound tight end.

I'm predicting a cheerleader and waterboy in the 7th round.

Don't knock it.

You can NEVER have too many Pass Rushers!! :D

608668.jpg

Ebner is a totally luxury pick. Other teams are filling needs in the 6th round. We're taking speacial teamers and long shot projects to fill out our Practice Squad.

Any chance they really go off the board and draft Wego in the 7th?

3 more picks.....wait for the booing.....hehe

Vollmer played soccer in high school I believe

Vollmer played club football while in high school. He go noticed by U Houston when his team was competing in a tournament in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes