PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

THe Official John "Borges" Tomase Should Be Fired Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please Remove Links To The Herald

It doesn't matter to me who is writing for the Herald because I no longer visit their site. I won't do it. Its a very easy thing - just don't visit their site (and thsu contribute to their advertising revenue) or buy their paper..ever.

We need Ian to remove all links to the Herald from the patsfans.com home page. Mods... can we petition Ian to get this done?

Re: Please Remove Links To The Herald

We need Ian to remove all links to the Herald from the patsfans.com home page. Mods... can we petition Ian to get this done?

:ditto:

10 char

Guys, it's the power of the blog. It's just not held to as high of a standard as an actual newspaper column. He gets to hide behind that it was in his blog and not a published story. It's just the world we're living in now.

See: Florio, Mike.

Except that it wasn't. It was front page news on the Herald, and presented as a news article, rather than a blog post.

Tomase should be fired.....to print what he did the day before the Superbowl was calculated and downright cruel.

Patsfans.com should remove the link from their pages.

None of us should ever click on a Herald link again.

We need to get somebody's attention here.

We do not have to take this lying down.

Any ideas???

you could promote their competition and start an online petition or website denouncing them and bring all this to their management, although if they see no decrease in hits they won't give a crap.

mentioning the Pats or BB gets hits, viewers, and readers.

I agree. **** him.
Whats the point of being a boston sports journalist if you're a vindictive sob who doesn't like the local teams? Go to some other town, or get a job writing about something else. They should fire the editor too for letting him publish that trash.

Why not just turn your paper into the onion; atleast their made up stories are fun to read.

for breaking the rules in journalism, not corrobrating his sources and writing fiction about BB and The Patriots prior to SB42. This sonofabitcz needs to go - this is not journalism.

Yes, he should be fired or at least demoted to the Ask Beth column. :bricks:

I support this thread. I will try not to visit the Herald until this clown is gone.

I think there is a reason why Belichick is always nasty towards tomase, he just plain awful towards him.. And coming out before the biggest game of the franchise was both his and the editors fault...

What is the editor's e-mail addy????
What is really bad is that slime like Easterbrook have been talking to Walsh for months..and never printed any of his accusations becuase he could not get another source to corroborate... And Tomase and company DID go ahead...AMAZING!!! what a toad...I mean that..he should be GONE!!
Even my wife...who does not watch games..is not reallt a football fan said that it was quite low for a hometown writer to do that..
Never liked him...never will..

Was Thom-ass-e the one who made a little noise about the Red Sox and the Mitchell Report during either the Cleveland Series or the Rockies Series? If so, then I can safely say that he has an ax to grind against the hometown teams. Wonder what he'll say about the Celts next.

Send his fat POS another cheeseburger, maybe he will finally have a coronary.

Yep, axe that p.o.s. Actually, immediately after the Super Bowl, I sent him an email asking that "fat, traitorous, piece of garbage" if he was happy now.

for breaking the rules in journalism, not corrobrating his sources and writing fiction about BB and The Patriots prior to SB42. This sonofabitcz needs to go - this is not journalism.

Please don't trash Borges this way. At least Borges sacked up and got Tippet
into the HOF. Tomase ain't done squat, ever. Give me Borges any day to that
piece of garbage.

Guys my friend is in the web services dept at the ****paper well call "H" They are doing ANYTHING for attention and ads - its the National Enquirer now. This pathetic anti-pats assasination attemtp should result in severe punishment from us as reaaders and to Tomases career. Totally irresposible of this guy!

Especially since the NFL Commish came out tonigth and said this is a non story, and they have "evidence to the contrary!!!"

This was a press hit routine on BB and The Patriots by an ill-informed bitter writer.

Last edited:
Guys, it's the power of the blog. It's just not held to as high of a standard as an actual newspaper column. He gets to hide behind that it was in his blog and not a published story. It's just the world we're living in now.

See: Florio, Mike.

Well .. here's my blog that I started.

http://johntomasesucks.blogspot.com/

feel free to leave comments.

Yes yes all well and good, but responsible newspapers will verify sources prior to publishing these hit pieces, when they are VERIFIED they will of course publish. Tomase and the Herald published as FACT something that has been rumored about for years, but had no one they could name to back up their "story".

so what is the accusation - that he knew something he wrote was false? Or that it was unverifiable? Or that he shouldn't have done it 3 days before the superbowl?

It only came out because Spector brought up his stuff, the media was abuzz, Florio brought up some hints at what was going on, the Times quoted walsh....and then the herald probably said f-it, we'll run with it. I doubt they had been waiting 3 months to drop it just in case the pats made the superbowl.

What if it does turn out to be true?

so what is the accusation - that he knew something he wrote was false? Or that it was unverifiable? Or that he shouldn't have done it 3 days before the superbowl?

It only came out because Spector brought up his stuff, the media was abuzz, Florio brought up some hints at what was going on, the Times quoted walsh....and then the herald probably said f-it, we'll run with it. I doubt they had been waiting 3 months to drop it just in case the pats made the superbowl.

What if it does turn out to be true?

The Herald is the newspaper all the others were quoting. I can't tell you how many times the crawl went across ESPN about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes