PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

THe Official John "Borges" Tomase Should Be Fired Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigMike

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
for breaking the rules in journalism, not corrobrating his sources and writing fiction about BB and The Patriots prior to SB42. This sonofabitcz needs to go - this is not journalism.

Last edited:
Re: THe Official John Tomase SHould Be Fired Thread

I agree. We'll never know if the Specter-Walsh-Tomase crap that came about 2 days before the game had an effect on the mindstate of the players or the coaches, but let's err on the side of caution: F them all.

I'm never reading or listening to a single word out of Tomase's mouth again, I've removed the Herald blog from my email program, and I'm never going to their site again.

I think all Patriots fans should similarly voice their displeasure and stop supporting the Herald, if for no other reason than Tomsae took the chance of bringing out something so sensationalist, distracting and potentially damaging two days before they lost the most important game in the history of the franchise.

I agree. We'll never know if the Specter-Walsh-Tomase crap that came about 2 days before the game had an effect on the mindstate of the players or the coaches, but let's err on the side of caution: F them all.

I'm never reading or listening to a single word out of Tomase's mouth again, I've removed the Herald blog from my email program, and I'm never going to their site again.

I think all Patriots fans should similarly voice their displeasure and stop supporting the Herald, if for no other reason than Tomsae took the chance of bringing out something so sensationalist, distracting and potentially damaging two days before they lost the most important game in the history of the franchise.
I agree, except the most important games were in 2001/2002.

That's not quite the problem. The problem is that it is/was all innuendo and rumor. If he had hard evidence--you know, like the actual tape--that would be a different matter altogether. But this was a hit piece, pure and simple.

I vote to fire him. Goodbye Tomase...

he should be part of the next round of Herald layoffs...which are usually a few times a year now...

That's not quite the problem. The problem is that it is/was all innuendo and rumor. If he had hard evidence--you know, like the actual tape--that would be a different matter altogether. But this was a hit piece, pure and simple.

Honestly, I don't care if he had 100% proof. You wait until after the Super Bowl. Have some friggin loyalty to the team and fan base. The two are the reason he gets paid to write.

But yes, your point is taken, it was horribly irresponsible journalism on his part.

Last edited:

I usually don't do this kind of thing but I'm gonna send Tomase an email asking if he's happy with himself for rumor mongering the day before the SB with totally unsubstantiated crap that someone with actual sources (Holley) is saying is false. Tomase is just pitiful and it's a shame.

Tomase,Fish and the rest are guilty of Yellow journalism. I.E journalism that exploits, distorts, or exaggerates the news to create sensations and attract readers. They should be suspended or fired.

Last edited:
Poor taste on the editor who came out with it.. Time to move on..

Fire the sob...either way I won't be reading anything he or the herald have to say

This whole situation reminds me of a storyline going on right now in the great HBO show "The Wire".

Tomase wrote something that he new was most likely false - but he didn't care because it got his name out there. He didn't get a second source and he didn't investigate the motivations of the person giving him his (mis)information.

The Herald won't care what we e-mail them, or how much this makes them look like dirtbags. They got people to talk about them and to visit their web page.

The newspaper is a dying industry. As a rag like the Herald is trying to keep itself from dying by becoming more tabloidish and gross. It is it's only way to survive. They will become more and more like the NY Post untill it finally bites the dust.

Poor taste on the editor who came out with it.. Time to move on..

Nope sorry, time to make the media accountable for what they write and choose to include in their paper. All it took was the Herald to publish a bogus story and every other news organization ran with it. I'll move on from the game, but not from what that news organization and that specific reporter chose to do.

I think it is Defamation Of Character and the Patriots should sue the Herald's asses.

Poor taste on the editor who came out with it.
I second this. Not to defend Tomase, but for all we know he was sitting on this story for a long time and the editor made the decision to publish it the week of the SB.

I suspect there's quite a bit more of so-called dirt on BB's tactics, probably 98% hearsay, that guys like Tomase are sitting on until either more evidence arises or the editors decide to publish a hit piece at their desired time.

Regards,
Chris

Last edited:
It seems like Tomase should be fired. I guess I would like to hear his side of the story. What he did was damaging and irresponsible. It was very poor journalism. My guess is he was manipulated by someone with an agenda.

Guys, it's the power of the blog. It's just not held to as high of a standard as an actual newspaper column. He gets to hide behind that it was in his blog and not a published story. It's just the world we're living in now.

See: Florio, Mike.

Last edited:
Tomase should be fired.....to print what he did the day before the Superbowl was calculated and downright cruel.

Patsfans.com should remove the link from their pages.

None of us should ever click on a Herald link again.

We need to get somebody's attention here.

We do not have to take this lying down.

Any ideas???

I second this. Not to defend Tomase, but for all we know he was sitting on this story for a long time and the editor made the decision to publish it the week of the SB.

I suspect there's quite a bit more of so-called dirt on BB's tactics, probably 98% hearsay, that guys like Tomase are sitting on until either more evidence arises or the editors decide to publish a hit piece at their desired time.

Regards,
Chris

Yes yes all well and good, but responsible newspapers will verify sources prior to publishing these hit pieces, when they are VERIFIED they will of course publish. Tomase and the Herald published as FACT something that has been rumored about for years, but had no one they could name to back up their "story".

Yes yes all well and good, but responsible newspapers will verify sources prior to publishing these hit pieces, when they are VERIFIED they will of course publish. Tomase and the Herald published as FACT something that has been rumored about for years, but had no one they could name to back up their "story".

Amen sista! OFF WITH TOMASE's HEAD!! (someone get the torches!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes