PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Jets at Patriots Post-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, there are some issues with this team...however, I am going to enjoy this win and have some drinks, chill out, watch some Walking Dead and the SNF game. Let's all nitpick tomorrow folks...:bricks:

Good advice! I'm gonna do the same. Enjoy the win everyone!! :D I'll moan 2maro

Well, we're 4-3, and that's that. If we can find a way in London, get to the halfway point and 2 week break at 5-3, maybe the coaches can find a way to turn this around.

Two small points about the game:

1) This game is compelling evidence why wasting time outs has to be avoided at all costs. Without all 3, the Patriots do not win. Time outs are options. Calling one to avoid a 5 yard delay of game in the second half -- barring something unusual like it taking you out of field goal range -- is not a percentage play. Nor are hopeful challenges. In even games, time outs win games.

2) How close was that game? It likely came down to one second. If the fumble had been batted around for one more second, the Jets don't need to run a play before the 2:00 warning. As it worked out, the Patriots got a free time out. Why the Jets ran the ball is a mystery. Still, that one second was huge. Enormous. Cannot be overstated.

The people that have been dogging the Jets this entire offseason should have some interesting thoughts when it comes to this Pats team. The defense was awful up until the overtime period. The way both sides of the ball played, the Patriots were very fortunate to get out of there with the win. But they did. Now it's time to build on it. Get the win in London next week and go into the Bye at 5-3.

Defense looks awful. McD offense is not clicking at all. Just looked like two mediocre teams out there today.

But a win is a win.

McDaniels is pissing me off. It seems like the dude is trying to reinvent the wheel.

well the pats d bailed out the pats o and front office once again... as devin mccortey is a sive in special teams and d... but tom brady only has one wr in wes welker.. not going to do that against the big boys , let alone against the hapless jets

I'm afraid the evidence to this point is in Dilfer's favor. Glad that we were the better average team tonight.

Dilfer is probably right, after all, no one knows average like Trent Dilfer

We won and I still feel like throwing up. It wasn't pretty but we persevered. Ninko is a beast. Ok, I have to go cry and laugh at the same time for about half an hour until I'm past the game stress.

McDaniel's is toying and experimenting with what was a consistent and solid offense.
I wouldn't call it experimenting. I would say that McDaniels was going with plays that took too long to develop (flea flicker) or were just poorly timed (2 WR screens). You can't do that when you have 2nd stringers in at both guard positions.

McCourty blows.
McCourty actually played pretty well today outside of the fumble, which was a good play by the kick coverage time.

Lloyd was terrible.
Lloyd was OK. The 2 drops stunk. The PI call was bogus considering that Landry was running full steam and they didn't call Wilson later for mugging Hernandez.

Our front 7...HEROES!
Thank you very much for saving our asses today. Very grateful for this W. They deserve the game ball.

Not sure I can call them ALL heroes. They were extremely inconsistent throughout the day. Cunningham can't set the edge to save his life.. He's best ability seem to be rushing from the inside on 3rd downs. Otherwise, he doesn't get anything accomplished.

Not sure what was up with Jones today, but he seemed to be slow off the blocks. Not to mention that he seemed be using just one move to try and get by Ferguson and Ferguson ate him up when he was one on one.

Ninkovich and Wilfork are the two "heroes" of the front 7. Wilfork had the forced fumble that led to the Safety and Ninkovich had the Sack, Forced Fumble and recovery to end the game. Ninkovich ALSO had at least 1 TFL and another sack.

The team did absolutely nothing to change our minds that it is better than average other than getting the win...barely

Nothing today should make us thrilled other than leading the AFC Least by a game for the next 6 days at worst,the team had nothing to get us excited about.

It was a good finish and a tight battle,but man it was boring as all hell.

Houston and San Fran will win by 40 at Gillette if the Pats play this way a month from now.

good game guys.....see you in a month

the jets are the 30th ranked pass offense :eek:

imagine what a top 10 qb would do....

peyon lost....we were blowing them out 31-7, then the offense/team got complacent.

the team isn't perfect and well have to improve.:cool:

Pats offense stunk today. Yet piled up 381 total yards. If that's a bad day at the office, it means you have a pretty good offense.

I want next week's game to be a 49-10 beatdown. Is that too much to ask?

Lloyd was horrible. I really like him, but he certainly has to catch the fecking ball. Most balls thrown at him today was tough catches but he has to come down with at least 2-3 of them

I hope all the jackasses who were jonesing for come from behind wins are happy now...

Thank god we were playing the JETS after all. Belichick has some work to do or maybe he just has to step back and let them play. Ditto his genius OC. Welker must feel like he's in some bizarre form of witness protection. Too many weapons at McDaniels disposal... The offense has been out of sorts with few exceptions so far this season, and those few were when Josh had little choice.

The coaching staff didn't deserve a win today, but the players found a way to in spite of them.

Aside from a few bumps in the road (early timeout for no reason?) the coaching staff was fine. At one point in the game there was a 50/50 run to pass ratio. The execution sucked balls, particularly on defense.

Rob Ninkovich

• One and a half sacks

• Four tackles and two assists

• One forced fumble

• One fumble recovery

But hey, this guy is a jag and needs to be replaced ASAP, right?

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I know we've been knocking these two, but having Gregory and Chung back will help so DMC can move back to corner.
Honestly, it would not bother me in the least to see them kept on the bench. Neither are future stalwarts for this team and neither make this secondary appreciably better. Might as well let the kids play and gain experience moving forward.

Cunningham is not in the game because according to the genius BB, he does not set the edge like Ninko and he sees a competition between Cunningham and Ninko.

Having watched the game, it's easy to see that BB is correct in this assessment. Cunningham can't set the edge. This was proven today several times.

Oh, and Welker: 6 for 66 ... Coincidence?

I'm generally a glass half full type guy. But at the beginning of the 4th when the Pats had the ball and a 10 pt lead I turned to my wife and said "this is where they don't score a TD and let them crawl back into it." Sure enough, that's what happened. Why can't this team play in the 4th quarter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes