PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Jets at Patriots Post-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That isn't on the players, its on the DC! When we blitz, it helps, so there is a significant increase in the pass rush! Cunningham is even help on this!

Early on the defense was more than holding it's own. Even though Josh was hamstringing the offense again playing personnel substitution madden. Then in the third quarter Bill stepped in and started coaching up the D. It was all downhill from there until OT. Great coaching helps good players win. Poor coaching doesn't help anyone. Unless at the end of the day guys step up. It's not x's and o's then, as Borges occasionally likes to remind patsfans, it's jimmy's and joe's. Several of whom stepped up late inspite of coaching that once again this season wasn't putting them in a position to win.

That isn't on the players, its on the DC! When we blitz, it helps, so there is a significant increase in the pass rush! Cunningham is even help on this!

Unimaginative defensive scheme. Even when we blitz, there is no disguise whatsoever.

We sat back in our zone and let Sanchez look like a real QB.

It would be interesting to find out what's going on in BB's mind.

Rob Ninkovich

• One and a half sacks

• Four tackles and two assists

• One forced fumble

• One fumble reception

But hey, this guy is a jag and needs to be replaces ASAP, right?

:rolleyes:

Ninkovich is a DE and should always be there,LB is not his forte

Wait didn't the Jets play the so called best team in the AFC and lose by only 6 without Revis, Holmes, Keller and S.Hill?

Or did I just imagine that?

The team did absolutely nothing to change our minds that it is better than average other than getting the win...barely

Well, if it's only going to do one thing to make us happy, that's the one thing we want, right? I'll take it over a beautiful loss.

Next week is a no-no with DMC vs VJAX :bricks:

McDaniels is pissing me off. It seems like the dude is trying to reinvent the wheel.

I have not liked him from day 1 and I still don't. His play calling is horrible most of the time. he has been with this team off and on since 2005 and we haven't won a SB with him as OC even with some of the best O's in the NFL. This team needs fresh OC and DC to perk this team up. This O should be putting 30+ points on the board every game.

McDaniels is pissing me off. It seems like the dude is trying to reinvent the wheel.

Lloyd had "butter hands" in the game. 1 6yd catch. 6 attempts.

2 "catchable" throws.

Yes, 4th quarter, the offense went to sleep, again...

At this rate, it does not look good, come, Texans and Niners...

Lloyd was horrible. I really like him, but he certainly has to catch the fecking ball. Most balls thrown at him today was tough catches but he has to come down with at least 2-3 of them

we keep forcing the ball to him...i blame mcdaniels. :confused:

Not much positive to take from this game:
-a win!!! first and foremost
-really clutch big time FG kicking at the end
-found a pass rush from somewhere...even a blitz for once
-went to Welker in the clutch...again for once

Not so good:
-worst secondary I have ever seen in my life....ever!
-still not generating enough of a pass rush
-still set themselves up for defeat, only won because they were playing the hapless jets
-this BS with Wes is still obviously going on...this has got to stop cause this Pats team has no margin for error
-play calling is atrocious, just awful....offensive coordinator is a real problem
-Lloyd...really.....seriously????

The Jets are a comedy act.....taking OT to beat them and the game having run what has become the usual course is discouraging

Lloyd had "butter hands" in the game. 1 6yd catch. 6 attempts.

2 "catchable" throws.

Yes, 4th quarter, the offense went to sleep, again...

At this rate, it does not look good, come, Texans and Niners...

we're going to make bradford look like old school kurt warner. alex smith will look like joe montana.:cool::cool::eek::eek:

:mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
Doesn't matter, he's Josh's binky and a big part of Josh's plan to make this team unbeatable...

I don't get it. We all agree as fans Lloyd is a much better #2 WR than Branch. Gronk/Hernandez/Welker are still here. The offense got better,personnell wise, yet got worse on the field...

Last edited:
Well, we're 4-3, and that's that. If we can find a way in London, get to the halfway point and 2 week break at 5-3, maybe the coaches can find a way to turn this around. ....

Yup, go over the pond , squash the Rams, come back and regroup. This team is dinged up (not decimated like Baltimore, but lots of dinged up players) and — don't forget — VERY young.

I also think they need to figure this Welker thing out. And by figure it I mean remember that this is a special player whose involvement makes their team better.

Judos to the Jets - -good game, good fight. Glad they lost.

players up, Brady, Ghost, cunningham/ninko formerly known as stinko, O-line, players down arrington, Lloyd, lloyd ( I thought he deserved 2), coaching staff!!

You're the only person who was calling Ninkovick, Stinko. That's because you were oblivious to what his job was during the 2 games where you claimed he was "invisible". You clearly haven't been paying attention the last 4 games when Ninkovich has been a key figure in each on.

Aside from a few bumps in the road (early timeout for no reason?) the coaching staff was fine. At one point in the game there was a 50/50 run to pass ratio. The execution sucked balls, particularly on defense.

Every play is designed to succeed so you can use the "execution sucked" logic on every failed play if you want to.

Lloyd was horrible. I really like him, but he certainly has to catch the fecking ball. Most balls thrown at him today was tough catches but he has to come down with at least 2-3 of them

Yeah this. Not quite the long-awaited threat that we need... or more to the point, just a threat, an empty threat, as long as he can't catch the ball.

We need that woman on Necessary Roughness to come in and cure his dropsies.

On the other hand... we've some good stuff from the running game, and we've added possibly the best and second-best receiving tight ends in the league. It's not like you don't need the deep threat, but it's not quite the necessity it was to make the 07 team dominant. If this team gets it together they've got the tools to do all the things they're not doing: close out games, control the clock, etc. ::shrug:: We'll see if they get it together.

Yup, go over the pond , squash the Rams, come back and regroup. This team is dinged up (not decimated like Baltimore, but lots of dinged up players) and — don't forget — VERY young.

I also think they need to figure this Welker thing out. And by figure it I mean remember that this is a special player whose involvement makes their team better.

Judos to the Jets - -good game, good fight. Glad they lost.

I will not take the Rams for granted. I've done that the last two weeks in a row.

They have a nice CB duo and a pretty good D-line.

still say it - this team needs a legit wideout.

The only thing stopping 2010 first round pick Devin McCourty from being the worst player on the team is Kyle Arrington and his 158.0 QB Rating against (which almost certainly went up today)

Not worried about the offense, but I'd like to see more Vereen and less Woodhead.

The defensive line is good, but it's infuriating that there are not more blitzes called.

The secondary is the worst I've ever seen on any team in any season. Bad coaching bad talent bad execution. I think you could replace these guys with practice squad / free agents and there would be no appreciable difference (except Wilson, who seems okay at least)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes