PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Jets at Patriots Post-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill belichick needs to take a long hard look at himself and his team. We have had a bad defense for years and now even the offense is underperforming despite an increase in talent since last year.

Brandon Lloyd...8 targets, 1 catch. 2 drops and a brutal OPI. Not good today.

Everyone who has been dogging Brady, Ghost and the D and calling them chokers apologize here NOW!

I really did not see that ending well for us! And the way this D has been playing, did you really think they would force a turnover? Doubt it!

Yes we all have passion for our team, and we want to believe in this team, but sometimes our head will take over our heart!

Also, is that Ninko's 3rd strip sack this season?

The last few seasons, we have all complained about a lack of pass rush on the D, well we have all seen a big improvement in this area. The DBs are the problem. It seems that week in, week out the coaches don't try to sort this out! Something must be done!

Can this team ever just win a game going away....with no need for nitro tablets, cpr, copius amounts of alcohol to get a victory these days? The fact is that Belichick has FAILED in his area of expertise....DEFENSE!!! How many years have we had the league's WORST Secondary personnel? How many years have we been unable to muster a F'in PASS RUSH!? Our coach is legendary....I get that.....he is one of the greatest defensive masterminds in the history of the game. But can someone please tell me why we have had such a piss poor secondary and piss poor PASS RUSH year after year for the Pats???? It seems to me like we need something better there. This team will NOT be able to compete with a Houston or SF with this kind of INEPT defense......

Congrats to Brady on bringing them down the field......Great job Gost.....redeeming yourself with a clutch kick.....I am just frustrated that our defense (ESP secondary and Pass rush)continues to be this terrible achilles heel for this team....and BB, one of the greatest defensive masterminds in the game....continues to "create" it.

Flame away guys.....I am just frustrated....tired......had CPR done twice on me to keep me going..........diehard pats fan looking for some damned answers.....flame away....

Not really sure anyone can flame away as what you are saying is true. BB's defense has sucked for far too long now. Why? beats me but if it's a coaching problem then that needs to be fixed. If it's not a coaching problem, then the people involved in player personnel need to be looked at.

"These teams are two average at best football teams."- Trent Dilfer

Prove em wrong boys!

I'm afraid the evidence to this point is in Dilfer's favor. Glad that we were the better average team tonight.

Defense looks awful. McD offense is not clicking at all. Just looked like two mediocre teams out there today.

But a win is a win.

As much as I thought I loved Welker, until tonight I've been (grudgingly) siding with the Patriots and their "being smart".

Now, I'm firmly in the camp of "just pay the man"

(plus its just good karma)

Not to mention since you are this year play the man... Josh's obsession with proving he can reinvent the wheel and make the best offense in the league last season exponentially better is really wearing thin. I don't care what his plan is or what Bill thought he needed. All they've managed to do thus far is make the offense less effective - absent the up tempo Oregon approach that oddly features only core players. You don't net style points by outsmarting opponents, you win games by out playing them.

Pass Rush is still a serious problem,Sanchez could have eaten hot dogs all day in the pocket.

No pass rush = exposed secondary

It's an equation that Patricia better change by blitzing more,if anything.

That isn't on the players, its on the DC! When we blitz, it helps, so there is a significant increase in the pass rush! Cunningham is even help on this!

WOW Trent Baldie Dilfer is really upset that the JETS didnt beat us, he keeps harping on how bad the Pats are blah blah blah

Trent calling the obvious means he's mad the Jets didn't win? He has no known ties to the Jets and I've never noticed him fawning over them in any way. He's just calling it like he sees it. Many in Pats nation are saying the same things. I guess they're mad the Jets didn't win too.

I'm afraid the evidence to this point is in Dilfer's favor. Glad that we were the better average team tonight.
Yep, I can't disagree with what Dilfer said. The Pats just look very average. I think they will bounce back and be in the elite category by week 12-13.

Yeah, there are some issues with this team...however, I am going to enjoy this win and have some drinks, chill out, watch some Walking Dead and the SNF game. Let's all nitpick tomorrow folks...:bricks:

Great to see Brady getting the credit he deserves. Aside from some throws in Seattle, he has been playing like an elite QB all year. He led the team down to get into OT and then led a GW drive.

Kudos to the defense stepping up after the McCourty fumble to hold the Jets to a FG. Defense did its job in overtime by making a big play.

Great job Ninko and Cunningham. Great hustle. Heads up play by Ninko just to land on the ball.

Great kicking by Ghost.

The only real negative is the questionable play calling and abundance of drops by the WR.

A win is a win. A win against the Jets is even better.

It is good to win ugly sometimes. I am still hoping for an 11-5 finish and go into the playoffs under the radar and pull a NYG and win the whole thing.

Yes, a win's a win, but Brady has to get his head out of his lap and rally the troops. Moping on the bench is not setting a good example. It seems theres a big lack of confidence on this team

when did hightower get back? how did i miss that

Its true the mind sees what the mind wants to see

The Broncos defense helps them win But Manning is the MVP

The PATS secondary cant stop the Opposing O and its Bradys fault???

Didnt know brady has these many haters

The AFC is such trash that this will be a fun year. The Webb/Lewis-less Ravens are awful now, the Broncos defense is suspect, ditto the Steelers, ditto the Bengals.

Their really is only one solid team and it's the Texans. The likely 2-6 seeds all have garbage defenses. (Pats, Ravens, Broncos, Steelers, Bengals)

Last edited:
I am not going to appologize for this win. Yeah, we got away with one today, and we looked awful at times, but we won. That is all that matters at the end of the day. In a 16 game season, you are going to have ugly games, but I take an ugly win vs a pretty loss any day.

Division games are hardly cakewalks, and the Jets came to play today. As much as we hate the Jets, you have to give them credit. They play us real tough today.

I know we've been knocking these two, but having Gregory and Chung back will help so DMC can move back to corner.

Brandon Lloyd...8 targets, 1 catch. 2 drops and a brutal OPI. Not good today.

Doesn't matter, he's Josh's binky and a big part of Josh's plan to make this team unbeatable...

To be fair, the game was only close because Hill got to effectively use OPI to get open, but Lloyd got called for it and led to a 3 and out.

If Lloyd catches some of his drops, the Pats could have won going away.

The Jets great o-line got away with a lot of physicality.

Sanchez made some great passes, but was also lucky on some tipped passes that could have been picked, but weren't, and/or got caught.

Even considering the Hill drop, who says that they definitely would have scored the TD.

McCourty fumbling a kickoff at the pats 15 led to points.

As I type this, I listen to Rodney call the PI on Wilson in overtime questionable. I don't know what Rodney is talking about.

All in all, both teams played hard, but the Pats made more critical plays when they needed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back