PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Don't Over-react to the Week 2 loss to the Jets Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
bye bye stanner.

Last edited by a moderator:
yEAH RIGHT... Dont over react... this is a 9-7 team sorry and we made a avg QB look like a pro bowler, when a lot of people on this board were saying he sucks... How did he suck tody???? Not alot because he toasted Darius butler the great draft pick by Belichick.. who now has allowed 4 td passes that i could count..

Someone should bump this thread the next time the bandwagoners here mock the Jets fans for their meltdowns.

We split with the Jets every friggin' year guys. 2006, 2008, 2009, and probably 2010. Is this really such a shocking loss? Laser Show. Relax.

We split with the Jets every friggin' year guys. 2006, 2008, 2009, and probably 2010. Is this really such a shocking loss? Laser Show. Relax.

Patjew!! Thanks for the common sense

Last edited:
OH yeah thanks for the commons sense, when we are now.. in the last 2 years.. 2-7 on the road in a game we had alot of control in ... poor second half team leads to poor coaching...

Patjew; said:

An unfortunate side effect of the 16-0 season is that no loss is remotely tolerable to the fan base.

Its reliving to see but this was a winable game. We came out looking great and the Jets adjusted and we didn't.

Not for nothing but I'm sort of hoping this team is going to be better than the 2006, 2008, or 2009 Pats teams were.

But I already over-reacted. Do I have time to take it back?

Tough loss, but hey, just gotta dust ourselves off and move onto Buffalo. I will say this though: I hope and pray to God that BB drafts our great white shark pass-rusher in the 2011 Draft. I don't care if he's one dimensional and can't drop into coverage, we NEED a pass rush!!

yEAH RIGHT... Dont over react... this is a 9-7 team sorry and we made a avg QB look like a pro bowler, when a lot of people on this board were saying he sucks... How did he suck tody???? Not alot because he toasted Darius butler the great draft pick by Belichick.. who now has allowed 4 td passes that i could count..

Adding this quote to patsfans.txt

Thanks!

Not for nothing but I'm sort of hoping this team is going to be better than the 2006, 2008, or 2009 Pats teams were.

Sure, so do I. But that doesn't mean we should be shocked at today's loss.

The Jets were not as good as their pre-season hype and they were not as bad as they looked in week 1.

Yes, the Pats sucked in the second half. The play calling was awful and Brady played like carp (yes, the fish). But if you go back a few weeks the Pats seem to be playing better than had been expected. They can still turn this thing around a LONG time before the post-season.

We have no idea what this team is going to turn into. I'm keeping the faith.

I would not overreact to anything, but I would react appropriately to this:

The Patriots are 1-7 in their last 8 road games.

Exactly right, I made this point in another thread. I still think the game highlighted the problems of the Patriots, but by no means is it the end of their season. Not good, but I expected the Pats to lose of these games against the Jets. They'll likely drop one to the Dolphins as well.

Repost from Game thread.

Thought I'd get here before the Jets fans crash the board.

Relax. Today, the Jets were a better team, but it's a long season. I have the Pats at 10--6 and I'm not moving off that.

Our defense is young so don't put it on Butler; he will learn from today.

BJGE probably doesn't belong out there as much as he played today. I wonder what happened to Taylor.

Gostkowski has to be automatic on kicks of less than 40 yards and I think that's potentially a problem. Without #4, there was no Dynasty. It didn't make a difference today, but eventually it will.

Brady is inconsistent now; great for periods but off at other times. He's 33. With the right pieces I am 100% confident that he has another SB in him, but the pieces will have to come together in a hurry if he's going to win it this year. Remember: Elway is the only QB to win an SB past the age of 35 and only Bradshaw and Montana have won more than Tommy, who lost what SHOULD have been HIS fourth on a fluke catch. I'm NOT saying he won't do it, just that the pieces around him have to come together. It could still happen this year.

I'm not giving up and neither should you.

So, pour another drink (Gin and Tonic, very, very light on the tonic, was my choice).

Don't post anything you'll regret. These are the New England Patriots.

Beat the Bills. Give the Jets credit. Don't trash our guys. Move on. If necessary, drink heavily. I'm off to get another gin (and tonic, of course).

dude...no offense.....But it didn't matter if it was BJGE, Fred Taylor, or Knute Rockne....our OL wasn't opening any holes to spark the run game (nothing overly new) and part 2...we were facing one of the best defenses overall in the league....

dude...no offense.....But it didn't matter if it was BJGE, Fred Taylor, or Knute Rockne....our OL wasn't opening any holes to spark the run game (nothing overly new) and part 2...we were facing one of the best defenses overall in the league....[/quote

] Its funny we moved the offense at will in the first half and the second half we sucked... who's fault is that... ???? coachin or Brady????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back