PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Don't Over-react to the Week 2 loss to the Jets Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We weren't as bad as we played against the ravens but it doesn't matter. You are only as good as your last game. The Jets had a short week and came out and flat out beat us. Very disappointing:mad:

And did it without Kris Jenkins, Revis and Santonio Holmes. Yikes !

You got nothing, Holmes, except ad hom and the makings of a losing argument. Define faith, prove me wrong.
eh screw it, not worth it.

Last edited:
I have no beef if you expected the Pats to win. I've watched football for a long time and based on the fans and media over reaction to week 1 for both teams, I saw this loss coming from a mile away.

I don't think the loss was as lopsided as the final score. I think if the Jets and Pats played on a nuetral field that the Pats would win 6-7 times out of 10.

I don't think it is the loss as such but the resounding manner in which we got beaten is why this is troubling. Some of us were able to a dangerous Jets team angry to prove itself but many of us assumed that after a solid performance the previous week (and an extra day to prepare), the Jets could have been tough but still handled in the end.

I see that you allude to the home field advantage but shouldn't a good/great team overcome that?

And the dismay I have it is that Revis was out the second half and yet our O...:bricks:

that was the worst half of football i have ever seen a tom brady offense have. did they even make a first down in the 3rd qtr? they couldn't run the ball, they couldn't complete a pass, they didn't protect brady....they did however manage to successfully turn the ball over 3 times. the best drive they had the whole second half ended with losing a fumble. on D shanchez tore up the secondary, they couldn't stop LT, they couldn't stop anyone in the whole second half. also in the first half they had 3 really stupid penalties. one where they ran into a player who was clearly out of bounds...jets got a td on that drive. another one when they were going to have the jets pinned inside the 10 but they ran into the guy calling a fair catch, then they had a delay of game on a fg they made, and after the flag they kicked it again and missed. that was a whole bunch of ugly out there today.

Last edited:
This whole season is going to be pretty ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back