PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

**The official Day 3 Patriots Draft Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was one of the biggest reasons we lost to the Jets. You cant give any QB that much time to find his WR's. Cunningham has showed nothing sp far that should lead you to believe he can be an impact player. Its just wishful thinking he'll take over a OLB spot.

And it's wishful thinking that a rookie OLB would take over the spot. Cunningham was hurt the latter half of the season no?

It was one of the biggest reasons we lost to the Jets. You cant give any QB that much time to find his WR's. Cunningham has showed nothing sp far that should lead you to believe he can be an impact player. Its just wishful thinking he'll take over a OLB spot.

It's Cunningham's rookie season and he was dealing with an aggravated calf injury and you're already bashing him?

It's Cunningham's rookie season and he was dealing with an aggravated calf injury and you're already bashing him?
Not only that, but if you paid attention he actually did make contributions last year. Some were bigtime contributions, like the pressure on Manning at the end of the Colts game. He also made a lot of nice plays against the run last year.

If he learned how to tackle QBs, as others have said, he'd have had at least 5 sacks last year. He can get to the QB and will just get better at it. Reminds me of a more athletic Colvin.

We do need more help, but Cunningham is a good start and a much better talent than most of the prospects who were in this draft.

Last edited:
Would like to see a trade up here. A WR would be nice.

Haven't we found at least backup OL talent in later rounds never mind the gem that was Koppen in the 5th. Time to draft HIS replacement. Let's have EVERYONE on offense worried about their successors! :)

I just love those shots of other teams war rooms. They're so cluttered, and have so many people, so many laptops and tables that are completely covered.

Our war room is quite the contrast to that.. pretty dull- just one TV, one draft board, and one laptop, four people in the room: BB, Kraft, Caserio, and Adams.

I want to get Jeff Maehl, WR Oregon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trade up with both 5ths to pick Romeus, take Herzlich with a 6th and "redshirt" both of them. No one they pick today will make the roster next year.

And it's wishful thinking that a rookie OLB would take over the spot. Cunningham was hurt the latter half of the season no?
Cunningham started last year.

I think there are a few late round prospects the Pats will look at. For sure they will add another OL to Dante's school. And I'd also look at a WR or a slot cornerback on Day 3. Guys like Gates or Burney might be values real late in the draft. There's also some defensive linemen they could bring in to compete with the Westons and Deadericks. A guy like Chris Neild maybe?

As far as LB, maybe a Cliff Matthews or a redshirt pick of a guy like Romeus. A lot of ways the Pats could go. And like someone mentioned, I wouldn't be surprised to see them pick a Kicker like Henry to compete with Gostkowski. Although considering the contract they gave him it may be less likely unless he's not healing well.

Actually, we lost to the Jets because of the bounce of the ball (crumpler) and stupidity on special teams. And the previous year, we lost to the Ravens because of Suggs strip sack of Brady (Suggs did it again last year) .........hmmm, we draft Solder who has the best footwork of any tackle.........wonder why?

Actually, we lost to the Jets because of the bounce of the ball (crumpler) and stupidity on special teams. And the previous year, we lost to the Ravens because of Suggs strip sack of Brady (Suggs did it again last year) .........hmmm, we draft Solder who has the best footwork of any tackle.........wonder why?

I said it before and I'll say it again. We lost because of the game-plan and because of the playcalling- those two put us in position to make those mental mistakes.

Michael Smith ESPN. He said theyll get a WR today and maybe even trade up.

This is B.S. What does Michael Smith know? No one has had success in predicting Pats picks so far, this year or ever.

Would like to see a trade up here. A WR would be nice.

I'd like to see either Denarius Moore or Terrance Tolliver. Tolliver's biggest knock is a lack of concentration. He drops easy catches on occasion. Still, he's big, fast, and has the best body control I've seen from a big guy (4.03 short shuttle, 6.48 three-cone at 6'4 215). Either would give us a good outside developmental prospect. Moore had two games of 200+ yards in the SEC this year, and I think he's a good downfield threat.

I also really like Aldrick Robinson and Andre Holmes as late round WRs.

Last edited:
I don't think we realize hhow much BB hates this draft.

Stupid mistakes did take part in the loss to the Jets, I didn't say the lack of pressure was the only reason. So one strip sack of Brady lost us the game? LMAO!!!!

I don't think we realize hhow much BB hates this draft.

I wouldn't say he hates the draft or anything. I just don't think he's nearly as 'enamored' as some posters here are with the prospects available at this point of the draft. Think of BB as a dispassionate talent evaluator. He takes the players he think will best improve the team. And if he sees guys who he doesn't think are any better than what we already have, he's not gonna pick them. He's going to trade out if he can and try to get a better pick in next year's draft. It's all very logical and not based on hate or dislike as you're implying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes