PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

**The Official Day 1 Patriots Draft Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know....I mean, an OL that can open up holes for RB's or provide better protection for Brady....those things wouldn't help the Patriots beat the Jets?

Not if our offense can't get on the field because our defense can't get off on third downs.

Ingram at 28, Heyward at 33 and poss Houston later in the 2nd

I'm pretty sure that #28 will be a reach...But I can't find who

Even if Solder has best possible year imaginable next year, we did nothing to help us beat the Jets next year. We couldn't pressure Sanchez and he picked us apart. We still can't pressure him. He will torch us next year.
I think blocking and protecting the QB is important in the NFL.

Ingram 28, best of DL at 33. That gets you Solder/Ingram, Wilkerson/Heyward/Sheard/Whoever, just to start things off. I'm good with that.

Heyward/Wilkerson at 28, then Bowers at 33. With Chicago the only 4-3 team left in round 1, I think he makes it to 33.

Jimmy Smith to Baltimore.

We have a defense capable of stopping the Jets, we just need to have a good gameplan. That playoff loss wasn't all about personnel.

So Ivan Fears kicks off the Pats night at the stadium by saying that the Pats prefer two backs over Ingram, and you guys keep saying Ingram is the pick at 28? I know that the Pats do a lot with subterfuge but to essentially accuse Fears of being and out and out liar is a bit rough I think.

I just hope the Jets don't pick Brooks Reed. a high-motor guy going to that defense is trouble.

With Jordan off the board, we have GOT to go Wilkerson at #28. Dude is a true 2-gap, 5-technique D-End.

I think blocking and protecting the QB is important in the NFL.
In every one of the Patriots playoff losses almost everyone has complained that it starts in the trenches...

Just say NO!!! to Ingram!! :rocker:

HELL, no!! :D

To Badger: just because pass rush may be the Pats' biggest need, it doesn't mean your first pick should address it. Belichick has his candidates grouped together in terms of who is at a similar skill/grade. This year is said to be extremely strong at D-line and OLB, so you can still wait into the 2nd round and pick up an excellent player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back