PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

**The Official Day 1 Patriots Draft Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw Curran on Comcast Sports. He said by settle he meant that it wasn't a reach, but that they used most of the 10 minutes and were probably trying to move down. When they couldn't trade down they settled for picking Solder, a guy they didn't even meet with until Monday. Not sure how much of what he said was speculation on Curran's part, but just passing along what he said.

OK, that makes sense. It does look like they' have a lot to choose from, with only Watt and Quinn possibles they might have had their eye on (or not, I'm focused on D).

The more I look at it, the guys we've been projecting as 3-4 DEs aren't that at all in our defense. (Jordan at least).

Maybe someone who is, is left?

Ayers or Jimmy Smith is what I would like in 28. Not a DT, not Ingram

I really hope they don't trade out of 1st. They have so many picks already. Get a stud.

The single most astonishing development of the day will be the Patriots not trading at all.

The way it is falling I would consider keeping both 28 and 33, taking BPA, then trade Mankins and Meriweather for future picks.

James Carpenter to SEA.

The way it is falling I would consider keeping both 28 and 33, taking BPA, then trade Mankins and Meriweather for future picks.

Who is going to play FS?

It makes absolutely no sense to trade BMW.

I don't think players can be traded right now... (CBA)

So O/L's are coming off the board like flies. The Patriots pick looks rock solid now doesn't it chicken littles.

Using the picks is fine. Trading good players because we have rookies, not so much.

Even if Solder has best possible year imaginable next year, we did nothing to help us beat the Jets next year. We couldn't pressure Sanchez and he picked us apart. We still can't pressure him. He will torch us next year.

I think we can get heyward @ 33 and trade 28 into next year.

The single most astonishing development of the day will be the Patriots not trading at all.

The more I think about it, the less astonishing it is to me. I think they will move some picks into next year because they only have 5. But they are missing late round picks, and they are not too costly to replenish.

Sitting next to Gruden looks a bit uncomfortable...and Mel is quiiiiiet.

Ayers or Jimmy Smith is what I would like in 28. Not a DT, not Ingram

Jimmy Smith?

Thanks for the additional evidence that you are not to be taken seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes