PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

***THE OFFICIAL 2014 New England Patriots training camp thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm skeptical that BB would trade The Hammah now & feel comfortable with JAG as TFB's backup

Not to worry. BB has this all figured out. His plan is as follows.

Mallett will shine tonight, his trade value will go through the roof and a few QB needy teams will line up to trade for the kid before he becomes unrestricted and free to sign wherever he wishes next offseason.

In the meantime, BB has been talking with the Brownies who inform him that Manziel is their guy at the QB spot which makes Hoyer "available".

BB strikes trade deal to a) get max for Mallett and b) bring Hoyer back in the fold.

I don't see where he's off, though. No team in the NFL usually jumps to trade for a guy that will be a UFA the following season. That may not be why the team is playing Mallett, but it's been reported that they were open to trading him this offseason. I do agree that Breer is a putz, FWIW.

He may be a putz, but I agree with him in all this.

I do think BB is showcasing Mallet with this move. Atleast that was the first thought that came to my head when I first heard this. This all to me goes with Maycock pumping up Mallet, and the Pats looking at Brady Quinn.

I've ben waiting since the AFCCG for some Pat's football. Can't wait, had 8/7 circled on my calendar ever since th preseason schedule was announced.

He may be a putz, but I agree with him in all this.

I do think BB is showcasing Mallet with this move. Atleast that was the first thought that came to my head when I first heard this. This all to me goes with Maycock pumping up Mallet, and the Pats looking at Brady Quinn.

Maybe I didn't make it clear, but I agree with him too.

Maybe I didn't make it clear, but I agree with him too.

I disagree with both of you. I'm pretty sure that if you look across the league that #2 QB's will get plenty of run this week. Mallet may get more than most because the guy in front of him is a machine. Many teams need to get a look at their 1's just as much as their 2's.

As far as Mallet's much debated talent. I think I could pretty easily name six or seven starters I'd take him over for this season.

If Geno or Manuel were our #2 everyone would want them on the 1st bus out of town.
I think he could be just as not good as Fitzpatrick (Ivy League education not withstanding).
Cassel? Really? And Bridgewater is not ready for prime time.
McCown is a journey man coming off of a very good half season where he was chucking it up to big recievers, exactly what Mallet would probably excel at.
Then their is a string of mediocrity that Mallet has a higher ceiling than but a lower floor. Hoyer, Locker.

Face it, there's a reason that there are a bunch of teams who are perennially at the bottom and it's usually because their QB sucks.

Time will tell.

Not to worry. BB has this all figured out. His plan is as follows.

Mallett will shine tonight, his trade value will go through the roof and a few QB needy teams will line up to trade for the kid before he becomes unrestricted and free to sign wherever he wishes next offseason.

In the meantime, BB has been talking with the Brownies who inform him that Manziel is their guy at the QB spot which makes Hoyer "available".

BB strikes trade deal to a) get max for Mallett and b) bring Hoyer back in the fold.

If I were Hoyer, I don't know if I'd be thrilled or p***ed if that happened.

It was a joke. BB would not want to pay Hoyer's cap hit.

@MikeReiss: Weekly @ESPNBoston Patriots chat recap (previewing the preseason opener). http://t.co/WT92dQ5jNq

Mike 12:03 PM ET

Would think Mallett plays into the second half, if not the entire game. Have to give him a chance to run this offense for a long time. To my layman eye, just don't think Garoppolo is ready to run it right now.

Reiss thinks Mallett could play the whole game.

@MikeReiss: Weekly @ESPNBoston Patriots chat recap (previewing the preseason opener). http://t.co/WT92dQ5jNq

Would think Mallett plays into the second half, if not the entire game. Have to give him a chance to run this offense for a long time. To my layman eye, just don't think Garoppolo is ready to run it right now.

Might not be a bad idea. If Jimmy has been struggling as much as indicated, it might not help to throw him to the wolves right away with the 3's.

I just hope we remember if JAG does get playing time:

-First game using a playbook
-First game under center
-First game playing in a stadium with more than 10,000 fans

Anything above trainwreck will be a positive :)

Wow!

I was expecting JAG to struggle, but hearing he might not be ready to play a meaningful down is disappointing.

Put JAG in against the future Market Basket unemployed in the 4th QTR

Oliver Thomas ‏@OliverBThomas 24m
Patriots practice from 2:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. today. With a Luke Bryan concert tonight, it will be the first practice of camp closed to public.

sad-batman.gif

I wonder if Dobson or Easley come off the PUP today. The first practice after the first preseason game is usually a key date for a lot of players to come off the PUP historically.

Pats have reportedly released Asa Watson. Supposedly one or two other moves as well..

Volin tweeted that...guess he's got the others too

@BenVolin: #Patriots have signed TE Ben Hartsock, according to his agent.

Recycling camp fodder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back