PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The offer pour in for Timmy Terrific

Not too mention humble enough to play at the level you are capable of playing at in an effort to improve enough to someday reach your dream, rather than refusing to accept a demotion and insisting upon playing only at the highest level or nothing at all. I'm not a Kurt Warner fan but Tebow would be well advised to be humble enough to try and take the same route to NFL success that Warner was willing to go through.

Why should he follow Kurt Warner's path? Let him do it the way he wants. It doesn't hurt anyone but him if he doesn't make it. He doesn't need the money, he already has the fame. He's already won an NFL playoff game. Seems ridiculous to me that people think he "needs" to go to the Arena Football League to prove himself when he already proved he can win in the NFL.

It's not a demotion, because the AFL is not the minor league of the NFL. There is no affiliation between the organizations. The Patriots did not send him down to AAA football. It's nowhere near an analogous situation.

If Tebow wants to refuse to play in the AFL, that's his choice alone to make, and I am very surprised that people want to say he is selfish or not humble for that choice. There are other ways to improve besides playing in the AFL. Most free agent QBs just wait around until someone calls. It is the rare exception that joins the AFL. I don't have statistics, but I doubt there are many NFL playoff game winning QBs that went to the AFL after getting released.

HIo6xD9.gif

Wow, people bit on that troll post fast..

I truly don't know if detpatsfan is a troll, but everything that he/she says sure makes it seem like that's the intent..

I don't get the hate, and I don't get a lot of the overzealous crap either.. Dude wants to be an NFL QB, he's sticking to his guns and letting this play out. I admire that no quit attitude, but he has work to do to get back to what he wants to be.

Whether he takes a CFL/AFL position or not, it really shouldn't bother pats fans.. The TE and WR positions would bother me a lot more right now. Go complain that Matt Mulligan is somehow on an NFL roster and doesn't deserve his spot..

MY THOUGHTS: Let Tim figure out what he feels is best for him. Just because Tim doesn't want to change positions dosen't mean he's prideful. Tim is very humble person who is determined to be a QB in the NFL and there's nothing wrong with that. Nonetheless, there's no need to gloat about him being gone or make a mockery of Tim.

Josh Duhamel recently stood up for Tim Tebow and posted this on his facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/JoshDuhamel

Josh Duhmael said "Yes, he's a good guy and a good role model and a good Christian. That's all great. I admire him for that, but at the end of the day, in the NFL, it's all about winning. And even though it wasn't always pretty, he wins games. He can't throw? I don't think he's got an arm like Wilson, RGIII or Kaepernick, but it seemed to me he made all the throws he needed to to win games in the one year he got to play."

::Shrug:: okay.

Tebow can play it any way he wants. Kurt Warner? Arena ball was good enough. Canada was good enough. Other guys converted to other positions. Not Tebow. That's fine. All he needs to do is find an NFL team which agrees with him. He's oh-fer so far, that's the issue.

You get that he's entering what should be his football prime, right, CC? I mean, I don't see 5 more years of this. He'll end up a journeyman guy if he's lucky at this pace. I guess being good enough to get on someone's bench is challenge #1. He didn't stick on the Pats' bench. He didn't even stick on the Jets' bench.

So yeah, maybe there will be more to come in this saga. But after all, there is the old adage about beggars and choosers. I'm thinking for a humble guy, he's got real high standards.

PFnV

Prior to the Pats signing Tebow 31 teams passed on his talent...

After the Pats released him, 31 teams passed on him again..

He is saying that he only wants to be an NFL QB... no CFL for Timmy.

But there is an offer on the table..

LA KISS offer Tim Tebow contract - The Buzz - Boston.com sports news

This is one of those offers like Hustler magazine makes ( like to Kate Middleton), certain that the subject of the offer won't accept, KISSS/Hustlers gets tons of free publicity.

Why should he follow Kurt Warner's path? Let him do it the way he wants. It doesn't hurt anyone but him if he doesn't make it. He doesn't need the money, he already has the fame. He's already won an NFL playoff game. Seems ridiculous to me that people think he "needs" to go to the Arena Football League to prove himself when he already proved he can win in the NFL.

It's not a demotion, because the AFL is not the minor league of the NFL. There is no affiliation between the organizations. The Patriots did not send him down to AAA football. It's nowhere near an analogous situation.

If Tebow wants to refuse to play in the AFL, that's his choice alone to make, and I am very surprised that people want to say he is selfish or not humble for that choice. There are other ways to improve besides playing in the AFL. Most free agent QBs just wait around until someone calls. It is the rare exception that joins the AFL. I don't have statistics, but I doubt there are many NFL playoff game winning QBs that went to the AFL after getting released.

Show where I call him "selfish," it never happened. I simply said his best bet is to go to a league where he can actually get playing time to improve enough to make an NFL team, yet for some reason that is unacceptable to Tebow and his fans, rather he should be handed a job simply because he is Tim Tebow, and shouldn't actually have to earn it. And if he isn't handed a job then it is because people are biased against him, even though he is the one rejecting the opportunities that are actually out there.

Bottom line, it's his choice, take the opportunities presented to him or take his ball and go home, either way I don't care. If he lacks the humility to take a step back to try and achieve his dreams that's his issue.

MY THOUGHTS: Let Tim figure out what he feels is best for him. Just because Tim doesn't want to change positions dosen't mean he's prideful. Tim is very humble person who is determined to be a QB in the NFL and there's nothing wrong with that. Nonetheless, there's no need to gloat about him being gone or make a mockery of Tim.

Josh Duhamel recently stood up for Tim Tebow and posted this on his facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/JoshDuhamel

Josh Duhmael said "Yes, he's a good guy and a good role model and a good Christian. That's all great. I admire him for that, but at the end of the day, in the NFL, it's all about winning. And even though it wasn't always pretty, he wins games. He can't throw? I don't think he's got an arm like Wilson, RGIII or Kaepernick, but it seemed to me he made all the throws he needed to to win games in the one year he got to play."

I hope you are right, nothing would make me happier than facing Tebow again in the play-offs.

On the other hand who on earth cares about what Josh Duhamel thinks about football?

Wow, people bit on that troll post fast..

I truly don't know if detpatsfan is a troll, but everything that he/she says sure makes it seem like that's the intent..

I don't get the hate, and I don't get a lot of the overzealous crap either.. Dude wants to be an NFL QB, he's sticking to his guns and letting this play out. I admire that no quit attitude, but he has work to do to get back to what he wants to be.

Whether he takes a CFL/AFL position or not, it really shouldn't bother pats fans.. The TE and WR positions would bother me a lot more right now. Go complain that Matt Mulligan is somehow on an NFL roster and doesn't deserve his spot..

Tim Tebow had his chance, he blew it, that's his fault and his problem, go cry about it in one of your other team forums, we have already heard enough about him here. It isn't Matt Mulligan's fault that Tebow sucks, he's a good blocking TE and the Patriots need that, remember, Tebow is the one who doesn't want to try that option and once again that isn't Mulligan's fault in any way, and he probably has enough humility to go to the CFL or AFL if he needs to, Tebow is refusing those opportunities.

This is an interesting topic to me, and not only about Tebow: what do we think in general of players who say "It's quarterback or bust"?

I say he should study something called the Sin of Pride.

I think it's a mixture, since it may be admirable to first give it a shot.

But then when you have really given it your best shot and reasonable football lifers like Bill Belichick and others say it's a no-go, then it becomes stubborn.

Hines Ward and Antwan Randel-El probably dreamed of being NFL QBs too after good college careers, but they made wise choices.
Why is it unwise for Tebow to refuse to do something which would make him very unhappy?

If you think anything he has done in this area violates that, then I think rather it is you who should study the sin of pride.

I can't find the passage in the Good Book that says you have to accept any position in the NFL whether you like it or not.

This is the most ******ed thing I've read all week.

Following a dream is 'the sin of pride'?

Someone who wants to be a chef is committing the sin of pride if they refuse to take a job parking cars for a restaurant?

Not to mention it's a game...

This is the most ******ed thing I've read all week.

Following a dream is 'the sin of pride'?

Someone who wants to be a chef is committing the sin of pride if they refuse to take a job parking cars for a restaurant?

Not to mention it's a game...

It's not about pride. Tim Tebow is a good NFL quarterback who has a winning record as a starter and won a playoff game (throwing the ball in OT btw).

Given that he's not ready to hang it up, I think Tebow needs to look to Rich Gannon as an example. Gannon was a big athletic college QB, who ran some sort of Wing T or something, and some teams wanted him to switch positions coming out of college. He's said he totally relearned the craft, stripped his mechanics from the ground up.

After a couple of years of pine-riding, he made some good things happen in Minnesota, but went back to the ranks of backups. But he emerged as an MVP caliber player in Oakland, 11 years into his career.

But you gotta stay in the show. Tebow needs to get another gig somewhere within a year. It's a race against the clock -- he's relearning the mechanics of throwing from the ground up. It's cost him some effectiveness, and forced him to endure the jeers of his teams fans as he throws about 1 out of every 3 balls way off target or off timing, but he's working on it and believes he can do it.

I've heard from people that work closely to him that, perhaps surprisingly, he is supremely confident. He has no doubt in his ability to play QB in the NFL.

I've heard from people that work closely to him that, perhaps surprisingly, he is supremely confident. He has no doubt in his ability to play QB in the NFL.

Thanks for sharing. But that doesn't shock me. Tebow has limitations in the passing game, but despite that, he's been able to help his team win. It's just one of his intangibles. Without great confidence, you don't do what he did in college, and you don't lead a team to come from behind wins in 2011 without it. Especially when you hear some voices in the media saying you can't do it. It is essential if you want to be great at anything. You can have great talent, but if you have no confidence, you'll achieve nothing.

Given that he's not ready to hang it up, I think Tebow needs to look to Rich Gannon as an example. Gannon was a big athletic college QB, who ran some sort of Wing T or something, and some teams wanted him to switch positions coming out of college. He's said he totally relearned the craft, stripped his mechanics from the ground up.

Rich Gannon....hmmmmm....where have I, a Patriots fan on a Patriots board, heard THAT name before...?

oh wait...I got it...he's the Ric Gannon drafted by the PATRIOTS in 1987 to play safety. When he refused the Patriots shipped him off to Minny where he sat on the roster for the next five years doing next to nothing until '92...In 1992,with Minnesota leading the NFC Central with an 8-3 record, Dennis Green benched Gannon in favor of Sean Salisbury following the Week 12 (November 23) win over the Cleveland Browns...the Vikes shipped him off for a 5th round pick to Washington..and from there he bounced to KC and finally the Raiders.

The key here is, Gannon never sat on his glutes waiting for a phone to ring. He was a consistent backup sometimes starter for years. Fail to see any Tebow comparison.

I hope you are right, nothing would make me happier than facing Tebow again in the play-offs.

On the other hand who on earth cares about what Josh Duhamel thinks about football?

Well his Facebook page has over a million likes. His comment about Tebow received over 6,000 likes on Facebook and over 400 comments. Apparently many are interested in what he has to say. Another unnecessary comment from you.

Well his Facebook page has over a million likes. His comment about Tebow received over 6,000 likes on Facebook and over 400 comments. Apparently many are interested in what he has to say. Another unnecessary comment from you.

Invoking Josh Duhamel is the unnecessary comment, last I knew he has absolutely nothing to do with football so citing him is really just grasping at straws, although I should be more tolerant as that's all the Tebow worshippers really have left at this point, as Tebow is too prideful to actually work his way into a job and apparently feels one should simply be delivered to him.

Without great confidence, you don't do what he did in college, and you don't lead a team to come from behind wins in 2011 without it. Especially when you hear some voices in the media saying you can't do it. It is essential if you want to be great at anything. You can have great talent, but if you have no confidence, you'll achieve nothing.

You can have great confidence and great talent, but without a job you will achieve even less.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back