PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The offer pour in for Timmy Terrific

I really wish I could figure out what antagonizes people about Tebow to the extent that despite having done nothing bad during his tenure here people are still celebrating his failure.

It's ******* petty and based on what, I don't know.

I really wish I could figure out what antagonizes people about Tebow to the extent that despite having done nothing bad during his tenure here people are still celebrating his failure.

Partly it's the result of wanting to rub it in the faces of his delusional Tebot fanboys. Especially after they pollute the forum with insults and diatribes against anyone they deem a hater. I was called a welfare recipient and a "lying piece of crap" for saying that Tebow at THIS point is not as good a prospect as Brady was in his second year.

So yes, I want to rub it in their faces, although they're mostly gone now.

Tebow himself seems like a nice guy, but there's an air of delusion about him.

The reason he doesn't want another gig either at another position or in a minor league is that it'll expose him even more. He just can't do it. View the clip of him (his helmet really) 'catching' a pass from Sanchez.

He isn't the phenom athlete 'can play any position' that some people insist he is. Once he fails at TE/FB and even minor league QB, then it'll be hard for the faithful to keep up with the delusion that he's being treated unfairly. The game will be up.

I don't see any point in piling on Tebow but i do think his best bet for ever turning himself into an NFL QB is to go to a lesser league where he can get the reps and actual playing time to become a good enough QB to compete for a job in the NFL. His other option is changing positions but he doesn't seem interested in that, so it appears that it is either go the CFL/AFL or call it a career.

Partly it's the result of wanting to rub it in the faces of his delusional Tebot fanboys. Especially after they pollute the forum with insults and diatribes against anyone they deem a hater. I was called a welfare recipient and a "lying piece of crap" for saying that Tebow at THIS point is not as good a prospect as Brady was in his second year.

So yes, I want to rub it in their faces, although they're mostly gone now.

Tebow himself seems like a nice guy, but there's an air of delusion about him.

The reason he doesn't want another gig either at another position or in a minor league is that it'll expose him even more. He just can't do it. View the clip of him (his helmet really) 'catching' a pass from Sanchez.

He isn't the phenom athlete 'can play any position' that some people insist he is. Once he fails at TE/FB and even minor league QB, then it'll be hard for the faithful to keep up with the delusion that he's being treated unfairly. The game will be up.

I'm sure that behavior such as calling people "delusional Tebot fanboys" had nothing to do with anyone retaliating against you. Surely, your kind of name-calling is not polluting this forum with insults. It's only when the other guy says it. :rolleyes:

Christian bashing, plain and simple

Tebow wasted a lot of coaching time and effort that could have been better used on the rookie wide receivers.

That's true. People hate Tebow because he's a Christian.

Tebow has an opportunity to work on his game in the Arena League or CFL. Kurt Warner's experiences in NFL Europe helped him become a hall of famer maybe the same thing can happen for Tim Tebow.

There is a difference between Tebow and every other quarterback that has made an impact in the NFL after playing elsewhere. All the rest were good passers. None had an NFL completion rating of under 50% before they left.

Tebow has an opportunity to work on his game in the Arena League or CFL. Kurt Warner's experiences in NFL Europe helped him become a hall of famer maybe the same thing can happen for Tim Tebow.

This is an interesting topic to me, and not only about Tebow: what do we think in general of players who say "It's quarterback or bust"? (Tebow HAS received other offers to stay in the NFL if he would be willing to change positions, but has consistently refused.)

On the one hand, there's something admirable about aiming high and sticking to your dreams. I certainly felt that way in the past about black athletes who were constantly urged to change positions before black qbs were accepted. Perseverance, faith, ambition and hard work. Amen.

But on the other hand, isn't it also kind of like the girl who insists she'll only play the princess in the school play? Or to put it another way, somebody compared this situation to the classic joke about the guy trapped in a flood who keeps refusing help, saying "God will provide." And God says "Look, I sent you an offer to play fullback, and an offer to play tight end...."

Plus isn't there also something admirable about a guy like Julian Edelman, a lifelong QB who says "Just give me a chance. I'll play WR, I'll return punts, I'll sub in at DB, I'll do whatever it takes to help the team and make it in the NFL"?
I think both are admirable. Neither is wrong per se. One seems more stubborn and steadfast in their pursuit while the other is more willing to accept whatever role is available to them to the best of their abilities.

To some the former seems like pride more than anything to else. I think Tim just genuinely believes he has can be a successful QB in the NFL. He helped to lead a team to the playoffs and helped them win a playoff game against the best defense in the league with his likely best game as a pro. Not everybody gets to accomplish such a feat. All of this is anecdotal, but it may the driving force in his mind that he can actually be a good QB if given the opportunity to be.

If Tim wishes to remain in the NFL being more open to other positions probably would be the most logical option for him and his NFL future. It doesn't sound like he's interested in that however. If he were open to these changes, it would seem that he would still be on a roster right now.

He's likely making that sacrifice for what he feels is definitely an attainable dream. I think in a sense that's admirable, if not prideful.

You realize they would be exploiting him as a gimmick to get media attention right?
Yeah, definitely. I alluded to that in the post you just quoted. Whether Tim would realize that is the real question. The financials certainly point to an ulterior motive beyond just football.

If your heart and passion is on QB you shouldn't change positions. Even if you talk yourself into it, if your heart isn't into it, it's not the same. To even have a chance at being successful you need to be dedicated mind, heart and soul.

There is a difference between Tebow and every other quarterback that has made an impact in the NFL after playing elsewhere. All the rest were good passers. None had an NFL completion rating of under 50% before they left.

Passing Stats for Tebow:

17 tds 9 ints

Oh and btw, he had a 75.0 completion percentage last season.

Tebow is being persecuted for his religious beliefs. The NFL has banned him because of pressure from the politcally correct media.

Tebow wasted a lot of coaching time and effort that could have been better used on the rookie wide receivers.

Should probably use a passive voice while expressing this opinion.

"A lot of coaching time and effort was wasted on Tebow that could have been better used on the rookie wide receivers."

or keeping active voice...

"The Patriots wasted a lot of coaching time and effort that could have been better used on the rookie wide receivers."

Tebow himself did not perform the action.

That's it in a nutshell.

Not your comment but delusional fanbots who make comments like that. They insist it must be bias against their little Timmy as he throws ball after ball into the turf or over the head of a WR. "Just give him some more time...he's TIMMY!...yay Timmy!".

I was a big fan of Rodney Harrison who publically thanked the great Jesus after an AFC champion ship game. Didn't lessen my appreciation of him one iota. So how's that work? Bias against Timmy but appreciation of the great Rodney? Maybe it's bias against terrible players with delusional fanbases?

That's it in a nutshell.

Not your comment but delusional fanbots who make comments like that. They insist it must be bias against their little Timmy as he throws ball after ball into the turf or over the head of a WR. "Just give him some more time...he's TIMMY!...yay Timmy!".

I was a big fan of Rodney Harrison who publically thanked the great Jesus after an AFC champion ship game. Didn't lessen my appreciation of him one iota. So how's that work? Bias against Timmy but appreciation of the great Rodney? Maybe it's bias against terrible players with delusional fanbases?

Keep in mind that this opinion is not the position of the average Tebow fan. Maybe 1% of the people I've come across. It's not logical to base your views of a large group upon the views of a small segment of its demographic.

That's it in a nutshell.

I have always said that I didn't want the Pats to draft him (feel free and go back to the draft boards and see) and that he SHOULD be cut, and YES, there are people who think waay to much about his abilities, HOWEVER, those that take delight in bashing him, do so because of his beliefs. By all account he is a good kid, and let's face it, he is a winner.

I have no idea why he is not the starting QB for the Jacksonville Jaguars (his hometown). Just as a business decision, if I owned the Jags I would sign him tommorrow. Fill those empty seats and sell about a million Tebow jersey, who cares if he wins a single game. But I bet you, he would win more games than Gabbert does.

If your heart and passion is on QB you shouldn't change positions. Even if you talk yourself into it, if your heart isn't into it, it's not the same. To even have a chance at being successful you need to be dedicated mind, heart and soul.

Not too mention humble enough to play at the level you are capable of playing at in an effort to improve enough to someday reach your dream, rather than refusing to accept a demotion and insisting upon playing only at the highest level or nothing at all. I'm not a Kurt Warner fan but Tebow would be well advised to be humble enough to try and take the same route to NFL success that Warner was willing to go through.

Yes, the NFL has no Christians...Warner isn't one either :rolleyes:

It's because he's Christian...not because he sucks :rolleyes:

Passing Stats for Tebow:

17 tds 9 ints

Oh and btw, he had a 75.0 completion percentage last season.

Tebow is being persecuted for his religious beliefs. The NFL has banned him because of pressure from the politcally correct media.

Right on the money, it's no different than Aaron Hernandez, who is being prosecuted for a murder he didn't commit simply because of his love of Christ. The NFL and the politically correct media are disrespecting him.

.. Tebow is being persecuted for his religious beliefs. The NFL has banned him because of pressure from the politcally correct media.

Yeah. Ever been to an NFL game? First most have an invocation by a Christian pastor or priest. Then the player prayer circle. Then you know there's all this

Christians in the Super Bowl: Prayers and Apples

Quotes from 55 players in the last Super Bowl about their public beliefs. So so looking for reasons other than the real one. Dude isn't talented enough.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back