PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The offer pour in for Timmy Terrific

The key here is, Gannon never sat on his glutes waiting for a phone to ring. He was a consistent backup sometimes starter for years. Fail to see any Tebow comparison.

You're a post-skimmer. Right after I described Gannon's career, I wrote this:

But you gotta stay in the show. Tebow needs to get another gig somewhere within a year. It's a race against the clock

So if you lost the flow of comprehension, the word "But" there was intended to convey that Tebow needs to stay in the league as a backup in order to be inspired by the Gannon story. "The show" is a metaphor that means "the NFL," in case that slipped by. "Gig" means "job playing quarterback." And "race against the clock" is a metaphor that means it is increasingly less likely as time passes without a job.

So, to sum up, there's not much to argue about, other than to split hairs over the difference between making a "comparison" and Tebow "looking to Gannon as an example" to follow.

Well his Facebook page has over a million likes. His comment about Tebow received over 6,000 likes on Facebook and over 400 comments. Apparently many are interested in what he has to say. Another unnecessary comment from you.

If Bill Parcells or Bill Polian says it (e.g...) then it has some relevance, if Miley Cyrus or Ryan Seacrest, or even Josh Duhamel say it then it doesn't, regardless of how many likes they have or Facebook followers they may have.

Lady Gaga says the Jets are going to win tonight, and 8 million New Yorkers like it............

Tebow seems to be living rent free in a lot of persons heads.....

Guys is not with the Pats who cares?

You're a post-skimmer. Right after I described Gannon's career, I wrote this:

So if you lost the flow of comprehension, the word "But" there was intended to convey that Tebow needs to stay in the league as a backup in order to be inspired by the Gannon story. "The show" is a metaphor that means "the NFL," in case that slipped by. "Gig" means "job playing quarterback." And "race against the clock" is a metaphor that means it is increasingly less likely as time passes without a job.

So, to sum up, there's not much to argue about, other than to split hairs over the difference between making a "comparison" and Tebow "looking to Gannon as an example" to follow.

Actually your posts make no sense. on the one hand you are arguing that he is completely remaking his mechanics and needs tons of reps to accomplish that, on the other you insist he has to be in the NFL, where he won't get any snaps to accomplish what you say he has to accomplish. Where he will get those reps is a lesser league, where he could actually play enough to accomplish his goals, but apparently he believes he is too good for those leagues so that isn't an option.

I guess he is is in a tough position, he believes he is too good for the CFL or AFL, but no-one in the NFL believes he is good enough to even sit on their bench. It is beyond obvious that the only hope Tebow has for ever achieving his goal of being an NFL QB is to go and work on his game and try try try again, but that won't happen until he accepts the fact that at this point he is not an NFL QB and won't be unless he can improve enough to show teams he deserves another chance, and you cannot prove yourself by sitting on your hands.

Tebow would never play for a team affiliated with KISS. The KISS machine has always been run by cut-throat New York Shylock Jews since its inception in 1973.
Plus, Tebow is too much of a pansy. Gene Simmons would walk into the locker room and little Timmy would run into the corner cowering in fear. lol

Attachments

• Picture 862.jpg
    Picture 862.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 3
Well his Facebook page has over a million likes. His comment about Tebow received over 6,000 likes on Facebook and over 400 comments. Apparently many are interested in what he has to say. Another unnecessary comment from you.

It is called trolls who have nothing better to do than search for comments made about Tim Tebow, Quarterback Extraordinaire, by Josh Douschamel, a Premier NFL Talent Evaluator.

It is called trolls who have nothing better to do than search for comments made about Tim Tebow, Quarterback Extraordinaire, by Josh Douschamel, a Premier NFL Talent Evaluator.

You've always spent a massive amount of time in the Tebow threads. You've also taken the time to write two blogs and have a sig about the guy. So are you a troll?

Actually your posts make no sense. on the one hand you are arguing that he is completely remaking his mechanics and needs tons of reps to accomplish that, on the other you insist he has to be in the NFL, where he won't get any snaps to accomplish what you say he has to accomplish.

Because the post was about trying to follow Rich Gannon, who did not fall out of the league. So in order for the "Rich Gannon" plan to have any relevance, he needs to be in the NFL. If he fails to do that, he fails. If he goes the Arena League, this is called "switching into Kurt Warner mode." If he goes to the CFL, this called "pulling a Flutie."

None of it is necessarily likely. It's a path. Washing out and hanging up the cleats is also a path.

Where he will get those reps is a lesser league, where he could actually play enough to accomplish his goals, but apparently he believes he is too good for those leagues so that isn't an option.

I doubt he thinks he's "too good" for those leagues. He actually hasn't said he won't ever do it. It's debatable whether that's a good move for him -- with his style of play and throwing mechanics, it might not go that well.

I guess he is is in a tough position, he believes he is too good for the CFL or AFL, but no-one in the NFL believes he is good enough to even sit on their bench. It is beyond obvious that the only hope Tebow has for ever achieving his goal of being an NFL QB is to go and work on his game and try try try again, but that won't happen until he accepts the fact that at this point he is not an NFL QB and won't be unless he can improve enough to show teams he deserves another chance, and you cannot prove yourself by sitting on your hands.

It hasn't been very long. He can't win -- no matter what he does, some people will say "Give it up, you're hopeless. You simply do not have the talent." So he may as well not take advice from people who say that one minute, and the next minute are saying that he should be in another league.

I mean, if he listened to some people he would have switched positions. And yet, I think he would have washed out if he switched positions. So not all free "advice" that he gets on the internet is necessarily good advice.

tumblr_mfijtxObfc1rz2r65o1_500.gif

You've always spent a massive amount of time in the Tebow threads. You've also taken the time to write two blogs and have a sig about the guy. So are you a troll?

"You've always spent a MASSIVE AMOUNT OF TIME in Tebow threads."

Yea - I have been posting non-stop about Tebow since he was cut from the Patriots.

BTW - he has been fantastic over the last two weeks. I can really see his improvement on the field.

Can someone make a new match day thread? THe main is all fcked up.

Keep getting a re-direction error..

Stupid thread, hard to believe its not locked .

"You've always spent a MASSIVE AMOUNT OF TIME in Tebow threads."

Yea - I have been posting non-stop about Tebow since he was cut from the Patriots.

BTW - he has been fantastic over the last two weeks. I can really see his improvement on the field.

bruce_lee_lol_gif.gif

Prior to the Pats signing Tebow 31 teams passed on his talent...

After the Pats released him, 31 teams passed on him again..

He is saying that he only wants to be an NFL QB... no CFL for Timmy.

But there is an offer on the table..

LA KISS offer Tim Tebow contract - The Buzz - Boston.com sports news

LOL. If 90% of the plays in the AFL are throwing the football, they do realize that Tim Tebow is NOT GOOD when throwing the football? He's best when he's making plays with his feet, and breaking a defense down and then maybe getting a long gainer off a broken play.

If Bill Parcells or Bill Polian says it (e.g...) then it has some relevance, if Miley Cyrus or Ryan Seacrest, or even Josh Duhamel say it then it doesn't, regardless of how many likes they have or Facebook followers they may have.

Lady Gaga says the Jets are going to win tonight, and 8 million New Yorkers like it............

LOL since when do facebook likes have anything to do with football talent? Tebow has facebook likes but he's not good enough for the NFL. At least not right now. Guy needs to improve his game a LOT before he can even think of making an NFL roster. Might have to swallow his pride and go the CFL route or something first.

Because the post was about trying to follow Rich Gannon, who did not fall out of the league. So in order for the "Rich Gannon" plan to have any relevance, he needs to be in the NFL. If he fails to do that, he fails. If he goes the Arena League, this is called "switching into Kurt Warner mode." If he goes to the CFL, this called "pulling a Flutie."

None of it is necessarily likely. It's a path. Washing out and hanging up the cleats is also a path.

I doubt he thinks he's "too good" for those leagues. He actually hasn't said he won't ever do it. It's debatable whether that's a good move for him -- with his style of play and throwing mechanics, it might not go that well.

It hasn't been very long. He can't win -- no matter what he does, some people will say "Give it up, you're hopeless. You simply do not have the talent." So he may as well not take advice from people who say that one minute, and the next minute are saying that he should be in another league.

I mean, if he listened to some people he would have switched positions. And yet, I think he would have washed out if he switched positions. So not all free "advice" that he gets on the internet is necessarily good advice.

It's his career he can do what he wants, and if that means sticking at QB I have no problem with him doing whatever he can to achieve that goal, however unlike Gannon Tebow is having to completely remake himself as a passer, and you cannot do that without a ton of reps, and you cannot get reps as a 3rd stringer in the NFL, so it would seem that going to the CFL or AFL is his best bet. Whether or not he does that is his choice. His best bet for an NFL career right now appears to be switching positions, and his best bet at playing QB in the NFL is by going to one of the other leagues and showing he can pass at an NFL caliber level, however he is unwilling to do either to this point, so it is up to him as to what route to go because NFL GM'S have given him chances and no longer appear willing to take any more on him.

For every late bloomer like Gannon or Young there are hundreds who played their way out of the NFL. Can't use those guys as tangible and concrete evidence that Tim will blossom into a great NFL QB in a few years.

I wish Tim well in whatever he does whether in the NFL or elsewhere. Perhaps he will eventually "come home" and wear a Jaguars uniform....

LOL. If 90% of the plays in the AFL are throwing the football, they do realize that Tim Tebow is NOT GOOD when throwing the football? He's best when he's making plays with his feet, and breaking a defense down and then maybe getting a long gainer off a broken play.
You seem to be completely unaware that the guy threw for almost 3,000 yards per season in college. So obviously he can throw the football.

For every late bloomer like Gannon or Young there are hundreds who played their way out of the NFL. Can't use those guys as tangible and concrete evidence that Tim will blossom into a great NFL QB in a few years.

They aren't "tangible and concrete evidence" of anything. Statistically, the odds (based on history) are that Tebow never takes another snap in the NFL.

Same thing goes for anybody trying to make the NFL for the first time -- no amount of "look at this example that went before" is any sort of "evidence" that they will catch on with a team.

It's a path to follow to make the best of things if he's not ready to hang it up -- go to another league, try to get another backup job, or take a year off and work with a coach.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Back