PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

the off season baseball thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be their #1 priority

It would be nice, but he's going to command enough $$ to push them close to the super payroll penalty, and they've got the outfield and shortstop to attend to in a couple of years. Same with Kimbrel.

I think they sign/trade for a mid level, low-cost starter to add to what they have, see who rises to be #4 and #5 from a half dozen possibilities, and pray for health with Sale and Price.

I have decided to send the perpetually triggered into a state of spasmatic psychosis....just for the hell of it.

In the past two decades.....

The Saux' PERFECT 4-0 (1.000) World Series record is a far superior accomplishment than......
The Pats' 5-8 (.625) Super Bowl record...with most victories reliant on late game heroics of non-football players....aka.....kickers :)

Who will argue against perfection ........asks Joe Montana
Why can't the Great Patriots crush opponents in Super Bowls like the Saux crush NL pretenders...asks the '85 Bears

Note: If posters don't mind, I may include certain responses in my "The Vicarious lives of Chowder Heads" doctoral thesis scheduled to be introduced at Bridgewater State Hospital's symposium on the relationship between anonymous message board posters and breast feeding. If you wish to include your relationship with yo momma's tit...as an infant and presently....that would be appreciated.

Shouldn't this thread have a countdown clock to "Pitchers and Catchers" reporting date, so we can accurately depict that timeline in the first quarter of the next gameday thread, when the Pats give up 12 yards on a third and 10?

You still have time to file for the copyright.

“19-0 : go suck on a penis or something.”
I think Kraft already beat me to it.

Regards,
Chris

It would be nice, but he's going to command enough $$ to push them close to the super payroll penalty, and they've got the outfield and shortstop to attend to in a couple of years. Same with Kimbrel.

I think they sign/trade for a mid level, low-cost starter to add to what they have, see who rises to be #4 and #5 from a half dozen possibilities, and pray for health with Sale and Price.

Agree. I wouldn't overpay for him but I think a 3/34m seems OK. The problem is that have zippo in the farm system.

Last place. It's what they do. Last 7 years they have been either first or last in their division. Prayers won't make Price's salary disappear or help them last more than 5 innings.

There are reports that the Red Sox are showing interest in Edwin Diaz. Seattle is asking for elite prospects or to take on most of Cano's remaining 5 year $120 million contract. The Sox don't have the prospects to make this happen for Diaz alone, but I'm wondering if they would be willing to take on Cano.

At first glance this doesn't sound realistic, but for fun, here's why they might. They already have Pedroia, but he's obviously unreliable and Cano has practiced and played a little at first. And Diaz would command about $20 million as a free agent anyway. Considering the Sox don't have any good in house options at closer and it would be foolish to go into the season without someone reliable in a season where they have the talent to repeat, maybe they take on Cano.

Cano could play second when Pedroia is unavailable improving the team offensively and defensively. If Pedroia is healthy, Cano can play first which is an upgrade offensively over Moreland. They don't have any first basemen prospects near the majors anyway.

I doubt this happens because they need to pay Betts and Boagarts and Cano's salary will likely be a waste within a few years. Then again, I have no idea what the ownership's appetite for payroll is. I never expected them to pay so much including luxury tax last year.

Last edited:
Hehe I had some good laughs reading thru this thread

As far as baseball goes, played it for 8 years and have zero interest in watching it. The only few games I caught of the entire 2018 season were a couple World Series games

I find it incredibly boring to watch and I also hate how they structure the salary cap. My opinion about this is really important so I’ve posted it here for all of you

Yeah, this makes no sense at all, so it will probably happen.

There are reports that the Red Sox are showing interest in Edwin Diaz. Seattle is asking for elite prospects or to take on most of Cano's remaining 5 year $120 million contract. The Sox don't have the prospects to make this happen for Diaz alone, but I'm wondering if they would be willing to take on Cano.

At first glance this doesn't sound realistic, but for fun, here's why they might. They already have Pedroia, but he's obviously unreliable and Cano has practiced and played a little at first. And Diaz would command about $20 million as a free agent anyway. Considering the Sox don't have any good in house options at closer and it would be foolish to go into the season without someone reliable in a season where they have the talent to repeat, maybe they take on Cano.

Cano could play second when Pedroia is unavailable improving the team offensively and defensively. If Pedroia is healthy, Cano can play first which is an upgrade offensively over Moreland. They don't have any first basemen prospects near the majors anyway.

I doubt this happens because they need to pay Betts and Boagarts and Cano's salary will likely be a waste within a few years. Then again, I have no idea what the ownership's appetite for payroll is. I never expected them to pay so much including luxury tax last year.

Ugh we had a good gay bathhouse thread going and you guys made it about baseball again?

Damn skippy, I friggin hate when this happens...

giphy.gif

Damn skippy, I friggin hate when this happens...

giphy.gif

Until now I never realized what the scene where he's swallowing all those white eggs while surrounded by a bunch of eager men in a prison was really supposed to represent.

Until now I never realized what the scene where he's swallowing all those white eggs while surrounded by a bunch of eager men in a prison was really supposed to represent.

Hey, if the baseball guys are gonna ruin our bathhouse thread maybe we can salvage it with some worthwhile men in prison chatter

Hey, if the baseball guys are gonna ruin our bathhouse thread maybe we can salvage it with some worthwhile men in prison chatter

why_not_both.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents