PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The NFL is Now ACTIVELY Trolling the New England Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
D'ya still think there is an even playing field for the New England Patriots in Goodell's NFL?

OK, THIS is just the NFL publicly giving New England the middle finger:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...ource=twitter.com&utm_campaign=mmehta+twitter

"The Jets shouldn't be too deflated over the decision," a league source said. "It won't change the positive air around the team."

How can anyone claim this is not a crooked playing field?

"A league source" could be basically anyone working in anyway in the NFL. It could be a janitor. Or just a Jets employee, which is most likely.

If the bias is that we get an apology and the Kensil is fined rather than outright canned I'll accept that. I just want this to be over.

Shoot--I think we'd all be very happy with just being found innocent, let alone an apology and seeing other people fired. I'd take that any day of the week.

D'ya still think there is an even playing field for the New England Patriots in Goodell's NFL?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...ource=twitter.com&utm_campaign=mmehta+twitter

"The Jets shouldn't be too deflated over the decision," a league source said. "It won't change the positive air around the team."

You are preaching to the choir. The question now becomes what Kraft will or can do with his influence.

Shoot--I think we'd all be very happy with just being found innocent, let alone an apology and seeing other people fired. I'd take that any day of the week.

No.

This was a frame up that took over the 2 weeks lead up to the Super Bowl. We had to endure Michaels and Collinsworth opining about it during the game winning drive.

I want justice.

No.

This was a frame up that took over the 2 weeks lead up to the Super Bowl. We had to endure Michaels and Collinsworth opining about it during the game winning drive.

I want justice.

I'm with you, shmessy, but I won't be holding my breath for apologies and firings. While that would be the perfect and just scenario, I just don't trust the people behind the curtain here.

Being found innocent would be a great start, and judging by Goodell's comments today, that sounds like it's not even close to a sure thing. Maybe it's simply a coincidence, or maybe Goodell is getting fed up with the insinuation that the league is at fault. We'll find out at some point down the road, hopefully sooner, rather than later.

Some comments on the comments

1. You want this to be over? Do You? Well it isn't going to be over, don't you understand? Just publishing this report isn't going to stop the attacks. The only thing that is going to stop that is BB's retirement and 3+ years of losing seasons for the Pats. THAT is what will stop the attacks.

2. You think this is over? Just the other night on Charley Rose, Goodell made this comment when Rose questioned him on why this has taken so long. When Rose questioned him how an investigation of one game could take so long, Goodell replied they are looking into whether it had happened over multiple games. :eek:

So with no new possible evidence that anything happened at the AFCCG, Goodlell left the obvious implication that the Patriots have been guilty of doing this over an unnamed number of games. Just out of the blue with not a shred of new evidence to back up the new claim.

3. This kind of sneak attack should lay bare the any claim that Goodell wasn't part of the ESPN "leaks" back in weeks leading up to the Superbowl.

4. So the very day before he allows the Jets to tamper against the Pats and with his joke of a punishment tell the rest of the league it is perfectly all right to tamper with any Pats player they desire. The worst that can happen is that you'll have to add an extra $100,000 to that multi-million dollar contract as a fee to the league to be able to legally tamper against the Pats. The night before Goodell, for no reason, re-inflames the haters by insinuating that they are investigating the Pats for multiple examples of cheating? No sane person who truly wants "deflategate" to disappear would make such a comment. But Goodell doesn't want it to go away, like most of media thinks. If it hurts the Pats, and it does, he wants to keep the flames burning. Can you doubt it NOW?

5. I said the first day the Wells investigation was announced that it was NEVER independent. Wells' law firm does milions of dollars of annual business with the league. By commissioning the report, the league owns it. Anyone who thinks that the report that is finally published won't be fully vetted and editied by the league is wildly naïve

6. And after today's tampering result, anyone who expects anything to happen to Kensil is equally naïve.

7. The fact is that between the Rose attack and the tampering result, this isn't a subterfuge or a secret plan any longer. Goodell is now being overt. Could he tell Bob Kraft FU with the tampering result more clearly? Part of his league policy is to bring down Patriots by any mean possible. He will do what he can to damage their brand. He will allow their competitors to take advantage of them.

It is now okay to tamper against them. Feel free to pump up the noise in your stadium when you play them. And know well when ever the Pats coaching staff outsmart you, the league will make sure they can't do it again. It's all good. I think by now everyone knows the Pats are fair game. I just hope Bob Kraft finally knows this too.

Last edited:

A "league source" doesn't have to be a league employee, I'm pretty sure; he could work for a team as well.

While we're at it though, one could argue that it may have been the same thing that he was smoking with the selections of Brace, Wilhite, Bequette, and many, many others. Not trying to be a ****--just showing you that your example goes both ways.

The draft genius which is Bill Belichick should never be questioned though, and I sincerely mean that. There are going to be hits and misses, and we've been lucky enough to have seen many more hits than misses. Anyone that has a problem with Belichick's drafting needs to have their heads examined, since he's proven himself time and time again.

Ok, you got me. There is a flip side to the Belichick was on drugs when he drafted Collins argument.

Though maybe I used that not as a Belichick doesn't make mistakes argument, but as a well known example of someone accusing someone else of being on drugs and in the end being wrong themselves.

Or in other words, we don't have to have "smoked something" just because we are on opposite ends of the pessimism-optimism deflategate spectrum.

However, in hindsight, I do wish I had simply responded with a Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion man. :)

If the bias is that we get an apology and the Kensil is fined rather than outright canned I'll accept that. I just want this to be over.

Right, that works. Kensil can just bide his time and get the Pats next time.

Agree, and Pash was a major factor in the sideline camera matter in 2007. He has no affection for the Patriots. After seeing The Dope with Charlie Rose today, more and more I fear we're about to take a large one right up the wazoo, and about a week ago I felt very differently. I hope to god I'm wrong. I think the weak response to the Jets tampering was a statement by The Dope saying to Kraft, "I'm still in charge here, Skippy."

We are being persecuted by an anti-Pats/pro-Rat NFL front office, and there is no one to appeal to.

"The Jets shouldn't be too deflated over the decision," a league source said. "It won't change the positive air around the team." could only be uttered by someone with absolutely no fears of retribution from the adults in the room.

I think you're thinking of Deus Irae, whose main issue was that we didn't address another position (safety, I believe) that he felt had better talent which was located higher in the draft.

That's definitely what my issue was. It was about the 3 safeties on the board all being passed over when safety was such a need. I also said that my problem wasn't Collins himself, and noted that I felt the Patriots should have traded for another pick in order to take both if they were high enough on Collins to draft him there.

But you know how people are around here.

That's definitely what my issue was. It was about the 3 safeties on the board all being passed over when safety was such a need. I also said that my problem wasn't Collins himself, and noted that I felt the Patriots should have traded for another pick in order to take both if they were high enough on Collins to draft him there.

.....yeah, the kind of people you want to post an average of 15 messages per day with over an 8 and 1/2 year period. :D

.....yeah, the kind of people you want to post an average of 15 messages per day with over an 8 and 1/2 year period. :D

I see you're still combining trolling with your mod duties. How nice for you.

I really wish Ffvb was still available.

Just wait until BB drafts a long snapper in the first round Thursday night.

Along the same lines... I wondered what BB was thinking "wasting a pick on Slater"... even "reaching for SG the kicker"...

There's some revisionist history for you in vein of, I am never wrong.

Deus has forgotten more about football than I will ever know, but trying to wiggle out from under a year and a half of aggressive Collins sucks/is overrated arguments is highly disingenuous.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference