PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing The Milly Lock hath return [Jalen Mills]

Sorry I was just trying to help explain what the nicknames meant...my bad.
It doesn't make any sense and Google is no help since it just points back to this thread if you try to look it up.

Seems this was a restructure, not a cut and re-sign situation. Rosenhaus knew the grass wasn’t greener out there.

I thought Mills was a much improved CB last year. The only ability he lacked last season was his AVAILability. How they plan to use him next season remains to be seen. But its good to see he remains on the team. He is a good and versatile football player on a team that needs good football players.

IMHO, the release and resign is another example of a long term plan which earmarked NEXT year as the year to make a bigger FA splash in a year where the talent level will be much higher. Be a better team THIS season, and go be a superbowl contender next year.

I agree and think they could put Jo.Jones at FS part time or full time if they want that speed there.

Totally agree...Jack and Jonathan on the outside with Marcus inside. Backups are Wade and Bryant.

I don't think they will go round 1 or 2 at CB now that they have Mills. IMO probably 4-7.

1679505931006.png
We have 7 good DB's, many of whom can play multiple spots. Mills and Jon Jones are interchangeable as CB and free safety.

The problem is the 3 others are not productive and a big risk to have out there. Bryant is a good tackler but not fast enough. Bledoes isn't too bad as a backup safety. Wade apparently isn't good enough to be an outside CB, unless he develops real quick. So we could spend a 2nd-3rd round choice on a CB that immediately obsoletes one of those 3, and can grow into a starting CB someday.

I’d slightly prefer Rapp due to the potential. But I like keeping the chemistry back there with so many young guys. I do think Mills could be sneaky good over at safety.

I didn’t think he was actually bad at CB. Started to remind me of Rowe/Ryan types of the past at that #2 CB spot. You could obviously do better, but you could do much worse than him at that spot as well.

View attachment 50578
We have 7 good DB's, many of whom can play multiple spots. Mills and Jon Jones are interchangeable as CB and free safety.

The problem is the 3 others are not productive and a big risk to have out there. Bryant is a good tackler but not fast enough. Bledoes isn't too bad as a backup safety. Wade apparently isn't good enough to be an outside CB, unless he develops real quick. So we could spend a 2nd-3rd round choice on a CB that immediately obsoletes one of those 3, and can grow into a starting CB someday.
Completely agree with your comments. Regarding another CB it's just my opinion they won't look to replace those terrible to mediocre 3 backups with rounds 1-3. We shall see.

EDIT: what other positions are the huge glaring needs in the draft? IMO they got several average players in free agency....Oline is one of them. Maybe 1-3 is Oline, possibly WR if no trade and also DE. So looking at it from that point of view...yeah it's possible 1-3 for CB or FS. @40yrpatsfan.

Last edited:
I may have been in the minority but I think he is a good player. He’s not perfect but we could have done a lot worse. We have had worse players starting for us. I was sorry to see him released. We usually seem to have a better secondary than the sum of the parts. I think it’s teamwork as much as raw talent.

Completely agree with your comments. Regarding another CB it's just my opinion they won't look to replace those terrible to mediocre 3 backups with rounds 1-3. We shall see.

EDIT: what other positions are the huge glaring needs in the draft? IMO they got several average players in free agency....Oline is one of them. Maybe 1-3 is Oline, possibly WR if no trade and also DE. So looking at it from that point of view...yeah it's possible 1-3 for CB or FS. @40yrpatsfan.
Looking at our roster, when you say glaring need, all I see is OT. Now I would like another WR, CB, DL to battle with Ekuale and Guy, and Edge if Uche bolts.

Very surprised.

I'm still concerned about his durability but they guys who can cover a little back there.

The move to FS is interesting -and necessary.

Now go get a stud CB!

Good thing posting on a fan board and being wrong has no real-world ramifications.

I am shocked he's back in for $6m. Whatever.
It’s not really 6 mill

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back