PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Last 2-5 Roster Spots

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
There are several choice to be made BEFORE we get to the final 2 spots, notably at OL and DT. However the final 2 spots could be from anywhere. Before this final choice, I have McCourty, Harmon and Ebner on the 51, with help from the corners from a player TBD.

FINAL 5 SPOTS
3rd QB
10th DL
9th OL

Wilson
Chung
Finch
Williams
Boyce
White
Beauharnais
players from other teams (either before or after the '"final" cut.

We could have more than 2 by going with 2 QB's, 4 DT's and/or only 8 OL's. Also, a spot could be available after someone is placed on the IR Return List.

Whatever Belichick opts for will be fine by me, but I'm not of the opinion that Mallet has distinguished himself from Garoppolo enough to justify using an extra roster spot on him.

I don't think this team is a Super Bowl contender with either Mallet or Garoppolo at QB (at least right now) thus I'd prefer to use that roster spot elsewhere

I'd prefer to have more, rather than less options at OL (again, a healthy Brady is key for this team as always) - and I'm with you on an extra DL too

I think a guy like Chung could be a Shadow Roster player if cut - and other guys that are Shadow Roster material are those I also deem expendable. Same for those who can be snuck onto the now expanded Practice Squad - but I don't think Finch would make it to PS so I'd prefer to carve out a spot for him.

I fully expect (indeed I don't think there's been a season when it hasn't happened) that Belichick will pick up cast off players from other teams - though some of that may have to wait until after Week One when salaries are non-guaranteed (given that fact, expect the Week 1 roster to look different from the Week 2 roster as some PS eligible players may wind up being swapped out for veterans once those salaries are not guaranteed)

So I'd say leave at least 2 out of your 5 spots for those players TBD

There are several choice to be made BEFORE we get to the final 2 spots, notably at OL and DT. However the final 2 spots could be from anywhere. Before this final choice, I have McCourty, Harmon and Ebner on the 51, with help from the corners from a player TBD.

FINAL 5 SPOTS
3rd QB
10th DL
9th OL

Wilson
Chung
Finch
Williams
Boyce
White
Beauharnais
players from other teams (either before or after the '"final" cut.

We could have more than 2 by going with 2 QB's, 4 DT's and/or only 8 OL's. Also, a spot could be available after someone is placed on the IR Return List.
I sincerely appreciate your passion but this thread is repetitive with your other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News