PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Jets are Closing the Gap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildo7

Totally Full of It
Reaction score
It's that time of the year again. Our "special" neighbors in New Jersey whose j.v. team shares its stadium with a varsity team have once again proclaimed that the boys of Gate D stadium are catching up with our very own 18-1 Patriots. I for one am petrified. If this was just some rant by a bunch of fat kids with gelled up black hair, fake tans, and imitation diamond earrings I'd write it off as nothing to worry about, but these guys give some pretty solid analysis of exactly how the Jets have now outwitted the Pats and are primed for the big show. It's time to move over guys. We've enjoyed the Pats sitting atop the AFC East for too long, and it's been a great run, but it's time for the J-E-S-T JEST JEST JEST to shine.

http://jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168780

http://jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168859

http://jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168718

Oh yeah and :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I do think there LB's on paper are younger and talented right now, than ours... Still will be a avg offense, but the defense will be better for the jets...

I'm glad Adam Schein is the authority on the Pats trying to trade up. Funny that no one else has reported this. In fact, Michael Holley with close ties to the Patriots predicted on Friday that the Pats would trade down 3-5 spots and take Mayo.

If drafting Mayo was such a reach and the Pats panicked as some Jets fans said in their threads, why did a Patriots insider like Michael Holley guarantee the Pats did exactly what they did a day before they did it?

When you have something that resembles an NFL offense, come back to us with your "closing the gap" stuff...seriously....

we will see how close jets is when the season starts.

Panic time! Start the fire sale, stock draft picks!

:D

The Jets are still no where near the Patriots, but they probably are closing the gap a little. Not because they've gotten that much better but because they had the 6th pick vs. the Pats going 18-1. You really can't widen the gap too much from last year. :D

Oh yeah their QBs still suck too.

When you have something that resembles an NFL offense, come back to us with your "closing the gap" stuff...seriously....

way to actually read the post.

most of the people that post over there don't have clue.

It's funny reading all the posts from people crying about spygate when it's common knowledge that their team did the exact same thing.

Ratini even admitted it.

I mean you don't even have to be smart to make that connection, just a mediocre fan, which most of them clearly aren't.

most of the people that post over there don't have clue.

It's funny reading all the posts from people crying about spygate when it's common knowledge that their team did the exact same thing.

Ratini even admitted it.

I mean you don't even have to be smart to make that connection, just a mediocre fan, which most of them clearly aren't.

Keep in mind that these are the same people that infest the draft every year with their ******ed behavior. It's amazing that Jets fans and Giants fans are from the same city but the Jets fans are infinitely more unlikable and stupid.

If they win 7 games that would be closing the gap, so I guess they are.

I kindof feel bad for Gholston. You KNOW that guy was pissed having to hold that hideous green jersey up while the Pats were on the clock. You'll never see a more FORCED smile in your life.

The Jets will be better because all the AFC East teams will have an easier schedule this year... they may win 10 maybe 11 games but, that will not make them an elite team.

Anyway, it would have been interesting to see if we would have taken Gholston if he were there at 7... no one knows for sure.

I didn't know a lot about Mayo but I like what BB had to say about him. And, he surely fills a big need for the team!

It cracks me up that year after year the common fan puts more weight on what Mel Kiper says over the actual success of teams such as the Pats, Colts and Chargers who seem to draft well every year.

Back to the Jets, maybe Gholston will turn into the next Merriman or Freeney.... Maybe he'll end up being like their other top picks like Vilma, Robertson etc...

way to actually read the post.

That was not directed at you, Wildo, just the morons on the threads...who eventually will venture over here...damn I'm angry at them

Yes, the Jets pulled a great coup when they snatched up Eric Ainge, were doomed I tell ya.

What gap?

Jeez, the picture of Damian Woody is amazing. How fat has that guy gotten? If by closing the gap they're talking about his waistline versus Vince's, I for one think they are onto to something.

How is Eric going to keep him away from the buffet table?

That was not directed at you, Wildo, just the morons on the threads...who eventually will venture over here...damn I'm angry at them

hahaha agreed, no worries.

so they are closing the gap....what does that mean....they will only finish 8 games back?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents