PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Goodell Watch: Looney Tunes sends another "memo"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonyExpress

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Commissioner Roger Goodell sent a memo to teams ordering them to stop complaining about the 80-man roster. Most coaches and GMs believe the 80-man roster is a disaster because it makes it hard to keep the players from wearing down during training camp.

Having visited 14 training camps, it's obvious the impact of the 80-man roster is immense. Practices are being shortened and coaches are worried about players tiring and experiencing hamstring and groin pulls. Also, teams are being forced to reach injury settlements with players instead of keeping them around because they need healthy bodies to fill out practices. It's a mess, but Goodell doesn't want to hear about it from team executives.

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blo...espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=clayton_john

Awww, poor little Roggie doesn't like his little rules being criticized.

How about this : F*ck you, Roger, you little piece of sh!t.

Heck he managed to get Favre to his favorite team that should be enough to make him happy for a while.

When he comes to Foxboro and the fans boo his ass off, he'll

fine the Pats a first round draft pick and kick all 60,000 out of

the stadium.

When he comes to Foxboro and the fans boo his ass off, he'll

fine the Pats a first round draft pick and kick all 60,000 out of

the stadium.

Yup.....talk about Integrity......

I so hope the fans give him a warm welcome. This guy is a scumbag. He should be BOOED out of the stadium.
And JUST LET HIM TRY TO FINE THE PATS FOR IT. We fans don't work for the NFL. We pay our hard earned money to go watch their games. The last time that I checked, this was UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. We have the RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH in this country. We have the RIGHT to tell that ******* HOW WE FEEL.

Last edited:
I so hope the fans give him a warm welcome. This guy is a scumbag. He should be BOOED out of the stadium.

Yeah EVERY Stadium.....i can only imagine the love Philly fans will give him....they hate everyone....

Goodell's primary objective, when he was named commissioner, was to clean up the game. He has certainly punished players, coaches, teams, and soon fans at an unprecedented level, so clearly things must be clean right?

Hmmm...Michael Vick, Chris Henry, Pacman Jones, Brandon Marshall, Marshawn Lunch, Spygate, the Brett Favre Fiasco, the Bills playing games in Canada, Gene Upshaw ready to be booted by the player's association, the owners ready to opt out of the CBA...

yeah, looks like this guy's doing a good job.

Goodell's primary objective, when he was named commissioner, was to clean up the game. He has certainly punished players, coaches, teams, and soon fans at an unprecedented level, so clearly things must be clean right?

Hmmm...Michael Vick, Chris Henry, Pacman Jones, Brandon Marshall, Marshawn Lunch, Spygate, the Brett Favre Fiasco, the Bills playing games in Canada, Gene Upshaw ready to be booted by the player's association, the owners ready to opt out of the CBA...

yeah, looks like this guy's doing a good job.

A good job at making alot of enemies...

A memo to stop complaining about training camp roster limits?

A memo to stop complaining about training camp roster limits?

OK, I've been on the fence, but it's now official: he's drunk on power. There's no way you can argue that the league's image is going to be tarnished by internal debate about friggin' training camp roster limits. That's absolutely preposterous.

Awww, poor little Roggie doesn't like his little rules being criticized.

How about this : F*ck you, Roger, you little piece of sh!t.

Heck he managed to get Favre to his favorite team that should be enough to make him happy for a while.

:rofl::rofl:

I'd pay to see him "accidentally" run over by a player or three next time he's on the sidelines during a game.

Last edited:
If not for the 'byline' in the link I'd have thought it was a parody [shakes head sadly]

Doesn't the bozo have somerthing else to do like investigating who leak the Pats tape to Fox TV or the collusion between the Colts and Titans. He doesn't have the cajones to show his face in Foxboro.

Roger is pretty typical of a career middle manager who somehow ended up in the bosses seat. And because of his marketing background his focus has been to clean up the image the NFL is marketing. He could give a **** about the game, just the perception of ingegrity. Too bad though his obcession with perception of integrity doesn't extend to the league offices. Look no further than the entrenched and powerful Rooney's ownership of dog tracks replete with slot machines having somehow managed to fly under the radar since 2006... I'm sure that's on page 12 of his honey do list, just before finding out exactly who leaked that tape to Fox....

It likely would have been best for all concerned and the NFL long term if Favre just took the $20M marketing deal and went home to be a retired Packer legend. But for 2008 it was a better way to market the NFL (not to mention a team near and dear to his heart looking to sell overpriced PSL's to suckers) to have Brett Favre play in the Big Apple...especially after he ballaxed his shot at helping Ziggy Wulfe get the Minnesota pols to pony up for a new domed stadium in the Twin Cities because he was too cheap to use his home phone for long distance...to innocently talk about the weather.

The 80 vs. 86 man roster has nothing to do with marketing. It merely impacts the ability of coaches and GM's to manage their teams more efficiently through the off season. Whereas criticizing the league for making a foolish decision to save a few bucks feeds a perception that they care less about the product on the field than the ratings on the tube. And he can't allow that perception to fester because it's too close to reality...

This is another area in which Upshaw **** the bed. Lost a couple of hundred players, youngsters and veterans, their 6 month gig with a shot at making a roster. Of course we all know he could care less about fringe players - his focus is on the big boys making the big bucks. As is Goodell's.

And JUST LET HIM TRY TO FINE THE PATS FOR IT. We fans don't work for the NFL. We pay our hard earned money to go watch their games. The last time that I checked, this was UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. We have the RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH in this country. We have the RIGHT to tell that ******* HOW WE FEEL.

And you have the right to get kicked out of the stadium if your actions are deemed inappropriate. I suggest you read the terms and conditions of your ticket because you are not free to do whatever the hell you please. The Stadium is not a public venue. Its a private one.

Also, before touting free speech, you should remember that others have the right to free speech as well. And just because you have the right to free speech doesn't mean you are protected from the repercussions that extend from you using or abusing that right. People seem to forget about that part of the equation when they are touting free speech.

And you have the right to get kicked out of the stadium if your actions are deemed inappropriate. I suggest you read the terms and conditions of your ticket because you are not free to do whatever the hell you please. The Stadium is not a public venue. Its a private one.

Also, before touting free speech, you should remember that others have the right to free speech as well. And just because you have the right to free speech doesn't mean you are protected from the repercussions that extend from you using or abusing that right. People seem to forget about that part of the equation when they are touting free speech.

Oh for crying out loud DB, she's talking about booing him... I know Roger would like to market football in Asia by turning us into the kind of fans you see at baseball games in Japan - the ones who clap politely for good plays and apologize to each other when a bad play happens, but that is beyond his pervue. Make the experience too uncomfortable for fans in the other direction and teams will be playing to half empty stadiums. Owners won't tolerate that for long, or Roger for that matter if he impacts their pocketbook.

This guy is also looking to expand the regular season as a means to expand football globally. At some point the players and coaches and GM's whose career's are on the line forced to accommodate his expansion plan will start saying sorry, no can do. Not enough bodies on the roster to accommodate you, Rog.

Once again people need to READ the Bill of Rights. Look at the First Ammendment. What precisely is the first word?

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The NFL has every right to toss our butts outa the stadium for saying whatever. However, in practise they'll never boot us for booing Goody. Sign me up.

What we DO have as consumers is the ability to decide not to consume a product, like an NFL game. THat would hurt. But much as I can't stand Peter Principle Goodell, I'm not gonna stop with the Patriots over the martinet as commish. Our cross to bear.

Last edited:
This thread took a hard right into bizzaro land :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back