PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dillon to Buffalo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newton_tom_cat

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
clayton reports bills are first team to show enough interest in him to actually setup a visit, which will take place tomorrow. bills are assuming they will have moved mcgahee by next season and thus very open to many running back combinations. would be odd seeing dillon in a bills uniform. and i think the guy still has a year or two of tread life left so he could help shore up their poor red zone and 3rd down conversion rankings. i could see him doing some damage behind bills new oline. but could he really play hard against his former team and team mates the pats?

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blo...espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=clayton_john

clayton reports bills are first team to show enough interest in him to actually setup a visit, which will take place tomorrow. bills are assuming they will have moved mcgahee by next season and thus very open to many running back combinations. would be odd seeing dillon in a bills uniform. and i think the guy still has a year or two of tread life left so he could help shore up their poor red zone and 3rd down conversion rankings. i could see him doing some damage behind bills new oline. but could he really play hard against his former team and team mates the pats?

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blo...espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=clayton_john

Buffalo, where ex-Patriots are surely never to be heard of again...

Maybe they can go for the daily double and sign Rhodes as well. That way they can have one of the worst run games in the NFL.

Dillon - will either be injured - or will have to take himself out after every other carry

Rhodes - would be lucky to average 3ypc in that offense.

Why on earth would you trade a very good back only to replace him with a guy in the "twilight" of his career.

Absolutely numb!

Last edited:
Have they traded McGahee yet?

even if they traded McGahee and Dillion signed with the intention of being the featured back a lot of the mock drafts I have seen have the Bills taking a Rb in the first round so he might just end up in the same situation he was in here. :rolleyes:

even if they traded McGahee and Dillion signed with the intention of being the featured back a lot of the mock drafts I have seen have the Bills taking a Rb in the first round so he might just end up in the same situation he was in here. :rolleyes:

I don't think any team is going to make him their main featured back.

Maybe they can go for the daily double and sign Rhodes as well. That way they can have one of the worst run games in the NFL.

Dillon - will either be injured - or will have to take himself out after every other carry

Rhodes - would be lucky to average 3ypc in that offense.

Why on earth would you trade a very good back only to replace him with a guy in the "twilight" of his career.

Absolutely numb!

Maybe it's because their GM is too old to think clearly ?

I don't think any team is going to make him their main featured back.

Well they did add all that talent on their O-line. :rolleyes:

So maybe old Marv thinks that he can pluck an oldy but goody in there and have him produce. :D

I wish Corey the best wherever he goes or whatever he does. I will never root for him to fail. If he ends up in Buffalo, it is what is.

The Bills need to groom a RB for the future. Dillion won't help much.
Dumb move if they do this.

The Bills need to groom a RB for the future. Dillion won't help much.
Dumb move if they do this.

They have Mcgahee, why do they need to groom a young back? He is going into his 5th season.

Unless he is forcing their hand on a trade or they don't think they will be able to resign him after next year etc.. it is idiotic to trade him!

They have Mcgahee, why do they need to groom a young back? He is going into his 5th season.

Unless he is forcing their hand on a trade or they don't think they will be able to resign him after next year etc.. it is idiotic to trade him!

I think they just don't like him.

They don't like his attitude, they don't like the way he plays.

I think they just don't like him.

They don't like his attitude, they don't like the way he plays.

They must have some logic behind it but on the surface it just seems numb.

I have the utmost respect for Corey and was hoping he'd go out on top, on a positive note at the end of his career.

That being said, why in the world would he risk going to a team where he could reprise his helmet and shoulder pads toss into the stands at the end of a frustrating season? It doesn't make sense. He wants to be the lead back, but if it's with a noncontender, what's the point? If he makes a decision like this, he's just trying to feather his bed before he retires.

I love how every one talks as if Corey Dillon is so old and injured. he had over 800 yards on only 199 carries last year. I think he could be good for 1200 yards to a pretty good team. Is that team the Bills? probably not.

I love how every one talks as if Corey Dillon is so old and injured. he had over 800 yards on only 199 carries last year. I think he could be good for 1200 yards to a pretty good team. Is that team the Bills? probably not.

Dillon was great when he got the ball but the problem is he would completely leave a game for a quarter or half at a time. We had no idea when we could rely on him because he would suddenly disappear for long periods of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes