PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The "good for a rebuilding year" talk does not fly with me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but you wouldn't have settled for a close win - it was a blowout or bust:rolleyes:

That's not the point he is making. He mentions the decisive nature of the wins to indicate SB contention regardless of expectations at the start of the year. Maybe this discussion divides down between holding to expectations from the beginning of year as opposed to expectations created from the season.

I don't know what the award is called for best rebuilding year. Yes, they can improve in key positions. Every team can. While other teams have been criticized for it - Patriots are the ones who seem to be having their Super Bowls during the regular season.

Last edited:
You sound like a fan of another team we have had so much fun bashing over the years...

Whoa, talk about chopping a sentence in half and taking a comment out of context! You definitely have a future in journalism or politics.

"Expecting" a Super Bowl is never realistic before the season begins.

That's the problem with Pats fans in general. They consider anything short of a Super Bowl win a major bust. The problem is only one of 32 teams can win the Super Bowl each year at least half the teams' fans come into the season thinking anything short of a Super Bowl win would be a disapointment.

That's the problem with Pats fans in general. They consider anything short of a Super Bowl win a major bust. The problem is only one of 32 teams can win the Super Bowl each year at least half the teams' fans come into the season thinking anything short of a Super Bowl win would be a disapointment.

Really, all I want is for us to be competitive in every game. The loss last night stings so much more because we were embarrassed, not just beaten, on our home field. Shades of last year.

You just have to take it for what it is. They've been plenty of teams that have won a lot games yet never won a Super Bowl.

It's extremely hard to win Super Bowls in the National Football League. And that sure makes you cherish those early Super Bowls.

I really can't wait for next season. We had a great draft last year and with another good draft this year, this team is going to become a true powerhouse.

I can't wait to see what Taylor Price could add to this offense. I think the ship as officially sailed on the Brandon Tate as viable receiver. This offense disperately needs a big play threat on the outside and since I don't want the Pats to draft any receiver early and hopefully focus on defense, and the O-line Price has to come up big next year.

One thing that wouldn't surprise me is to see either Julian Edelman or Wes Welker not on the team next year. This may be jumping to conclusions but having Edelman wasted on the bench doesn't make sense to me anymore. Of-course he provides a lot on special teams and that's one of the main reason Price hasn't seen time on the field, but I would much rather have Butler, McCourty, or a RB field punts and get Price on the field hence relegate Tate to just kick returns than essentially waste a roster spot. I think at this point you have trade one of them.

While Connolly did well filling in for Neal and Mankins, I wouldn't be surpised to see the Pats pick up an interior linemen. I would love to have Connolly in at center and draft a RT and get rid of Koppen who lacks much power. Nick Kaczur also provides a peculiar situation. To you put him on the bench as depth or do you continue with the experiment you were trying before he got injured and slide him in at gaurd. Kaczur is a tall guy and trying to move him a gaurd might have been the main culprit to him getting injured.

Overall, I can't wait for the draft because with all the picks there is a lot of places the Patriots could go and it should be very interesting what the mastermind decides to do.

Whoa, talk about chopping a sentence in half and taking a comment out of context! You definitely have a future in journalism or politics.

I didn't mean to take you out of context as I enjoyed you post and agree with everything you wrote. And as the Pats have had tremendous fairly recent success the Colts and Pats should not be compared, however, there is this 3 game playoff losing streak and the excuses that are being put forth by the homers. And there is more that a passing similarity to the excuses I've heard from Colt fans.

That's not the point he is making. He mentions the decisive nature of the wins to indicate SB contention regardless of expectations at the start of the year. Maybe this discussion divides down between holding to expectations from the beginning of year as opposed to expectations created from the season.

I don't know what the award is called for best rebuilding year. Yes, they can improve in key positions. Every team can. While other teams have been criticized for it - Patriots are the ones who seem to be having their Super Bowls during the regular season.

Huh, you got that from this "Why am I not surprised that those in the "Chicken Little" crowd are now showing their hypocracy by complaining that the Pats didn't blow the Jets out again.. These were the same ones who weren't happy with how the Pats were winning games and were complaining about them as well."?

It sounds like he's calling out anyone who had legitimate concerns regardless of the fact that the Pats were winning. Then he accuses those same people, who were proven right, with being Chicken Littles who would only be satisfied with a Jets blowout.

Can we find a happy medium between Superbowl or bust accusations and being rightfully upset with losing to your hated trashtalking No.6 seed rival in your building where you've been 29-1 and are coming off a last season playoff shellacking?

more strawman crap from you.

Let us know when you have something meaningful to actually bring to the conversation instead of just taking a snippet of an entire post and making yourself look foolish.

Let us know when you have something meaningful to actually bring to the conversation instead of just taking a snippet of an entire post and making yourself look foolish.

more irony from our resident tough guy.

It sounds like he's calling out anyone who had legitimate concerns regardless of the fact that the Pats were winning. Then he accuses those same people, who were proven right, with being Chicken Littles who would only be satisfied with a Jets blowout.

That's just it. The Chicken Little crew didn't have legit concerns during the season and don't have them now. Clearly you don't understand that.

And no, they weren't proven right. That's just it..

Instead of making assumptions about what is said and showing yourself to have no comprehension, don't bother replying.. It would make it so much better for all of us.

That's just it. The Chicken Little crew didn't have legit concerns during the season and don't have them now. Clearly you don't understand that.

And no, they weren't proven right. That's just it..

Instead of making assumptions about what is said and showing yourself to have no comprehension, don't bother replying.. It would make it so much better for all of us.

I hear you, but why even address the Chicken Little with a post as they don't matter. It sounds like you lump everyone (the real Chicken Littles and those with valid rationally expressed concerns) together most times.

more irony from our resident tough guy.

You clearly have me mistaken for someone else. A tough guy would throw around threats of physical harm. I have never done so.

Clearly you have issues and should go take care of them.

Otherwise, you'll just continue to prove to everyone you offer nothing.

I hear you, but why even address the Chicken Little with a post as they don't matter. It sounds like you lump everyone (the real Chicken Littles and those with valid rationally expressed concerns) together most times.

*ROFLMAO* Clearly you don't know who the Chicken Littles are and who they aren't.

I didn't lump anyone together. Just because you read it that way doesn't make it so. Instead of assuming you know what I am talking about and putting in your own definitions, why not just go with what is actually posted? Or is that asking too much of you?

I agree with these sentiments, if you get there you have to take advantage of the opportunity!

Huh, you got that from this "Why am I not surprised that those in the "Chicken Little" crowd are now showing their hypocracy by complaining that the Pats didn't blow the Jets out again.. These were the same ones who weren't happy with how the Pats were winning games and were complaining about them as well."?

Who is he? PP? It was a your response to PP that I responded to.

Who is he? PP? It was a your response to PP that I responded to.

Just some confusion, I was not disagreeng with PP, I was being sarcastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes