PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Globe Brass Finally Jumps The Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.
So does this mean next year when David Ortiz hits a shot and stands there for 10 seconds admiring it and then takes a minute to round the bases that we are going to get an article admonishing him and the Red Sox?

Oh wait. Never mind.

The Globe, by way of it's editorial staff are yearning for everyone n I mean everyone getting a medal for GOOD SPORTMANSHIP!! you remember don't you?? your sons/daughters.. playing a sport; soccer basketball (god forbid pop warner) and everyone, even the defeated team got medals. Yes that what Goodell should do!! give out medals after every NFL game!! The world would be a much nicer place

Here's another favorite nugget from the Muffy von Krafthaterz editorial;

"Other times, it’s Coach Bill Belichick’s sullen moods or nano-second postgame handshakes or disdain for TV niceties like a quick on-the-field interview after losing a playoff game."

Hey, Muffy, not trying to demean your football expertise, but when was the last time you saw an NFL Head Coach give an ON-FIELD interview after losing a playoff game?

The Globe, by way of it's editorial staff are yearning for everyone n I mean everyone getting a medal for GOOD SPORTMANSHIP!! you remember don't you?? your sons/daughters.. playing a sport; soccer basketball (god forbid pop warner) and everyone, even the defeated team got medals. Yes that what Goodell should do!! give out medals after every NFL game!! The world would be a much nicer place

participation_trophy_t_shirt_tshirt-rdda2cc87a0fa413b913ef273aa30279a_804gs_324.jpg

:cool:

Here's another favorite nugget from the Muffy von Krafthaterz editorial;

"Other times, it’s Coach Bill Belichick’s sullen moods or nano-second postgame handshakes or disdain for TV niceties like a quick on-the-field interview after losing a playoff game."

Hey, Muffy, not trying to demean your football expertise, but when was the last time you saw an NFL Head Coach give an ON-FIELD interview after losing a playoff game?

This ******** will just never stop, will it?

It was even prearranged with CBS that no matter victory or loss, there would be no immediate interview. Even two years after they refuse to stick to the facts.

In their quest to be popular where it counts most, on social media, they try to be controversial.. CBS knew what they were filming and could have cut away, but Brady being upset and swearing is what sells.

My cherry was popped Sunday night when I found out NFL players say the F.. word. Am still quite upset.

Used to subscribe to the Globe in the 80's and could not wait for Gammons Sunday Ramblings about the Red Sox... it was great stuff. But the mighty have fallen.

So does this mean next year when David Ortiz hits a shot and stands there for 10 seconds admiring it and then takes a minute to round the bases that we are going to get an article admonishing him and the Red Sox?

Oh wait. Never mind.

It'll be right behind the story of Big Poppi and PEDs.

This ******** will just never stop, will it?

It was even prearranged with CBS that no matter victory or loss, there would be no immediate interview. Even two years after they refuse to stick to the facts.
The editorial smacked of the Mrs. Grundy School of Admonishment, but I kept thinking of that adorable picture of Brady's baby daughter watching her dad play football and, I suppose, watching him F* F* F* up and down the sideline. I hated the editorial, after all, this is football; but CBS doesn't have to catch every grunt and syllable on the sideline, do they? Brady's outbursts must make them very happy. Sportsmanship, indeed! How about editorial responsibility?

They feel that Brady's frustration on the sideline near the end of the game was less than chivalrous.

First two sentences:

"The New England Patriots are great football players but it would be hard to assert that they are great sports. At least not without what Winston Churchill once called “some risk of terminological inexactitude.”

....and it devolves deeper into delirium from there. It really is incredible stuff.

Between this and Shaughnessy's "high chair" reference to Kraft 4 times per week for the last 6 weeks, the Boston Globe is embarrassingly exposing itself as a High School Catty Girl Clique.

In sports terms, one would say they are losing their poise and professionalism over the hatred right now. I've told folks here for years that this is something that runs very deep over there on Morrissey Boulevard. It is a cultural and economic war between the two businesses.

Frankly while I miss my home (New Hampshire), crap like this from the Boston media sometimes make me glad I'm stuck in North Carolina. I don't have to hear the constant picking of nits, and idiosyncratic biases about the Patriots pushed as truth. I only have to hear that stuff about the Panthers, and it doesn't bug me :)

The editorial smacked of the Mrs. Grundy School of Admonishment, but I kept thinking of that adorable picture of Brady's baby daughter watching her dad play football and, I suppose, watching him F* F* F* up and down the sideline. I hated the editorial, after all, this is football; but CBS doesn't have to catch every grunt and syllable on the sideline, do they? Brady's outbursts must make them very happy. Sportsmanship, indeed! How about editorial responsibility?

When did it become unsportsmanlike to be angry/frustrated when losing a close game?

I seriously don't understand what the problem is. Should every one act as indifferent as Cutler?

Frankly while I miss my home (New Hampshire), crap like this from the Boston media sometimes make me glad I'm stuck in North Carolina. I don't have to hear the constant picking of nits, and idiosyncratic biases about the Patriots pushed as truth. I only have to hear that stuff about the Panthers, and it doesn't bug me :)

This is not just media or the ramblings of a Shaughnessy. This is a different ballgame.

This is an editorial. Meaning that it was produced and published by a committee of the Boston Globe managing editorial board. Globe editorials are the express voice and position of the management of the Boston Globe.

I think it is the newspaper's job to make an article out of anything. Selling ads and subs is their primary objective, writing something true or meaningful a distant second.

Does this mean I have to give up my official Matt Walsh decoder ring? :oops:
The Herald keeps those in a locked cabinet labled Break In Case of Emergency.

That everyone's a winner crap made me a total ****y as a child. Took some rough years to really re program my brain to this dog eat dog world. I'll never do that to my kids.

I don't think there's any testosterone at the Globe, only estrogen -- regardless of gender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes