PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Favre bashing -- whats up with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep.

:rofl:

16 straight probowls, right?

:rofl:
For some reason, the NFC North has not been particually kind to quarterbacks not named Brett Favre.

That's a pretty good reason not to get rid of Brett Favre. Don't know why that's such a laugher. Who would you say has been better? Brad Johnson?

he didn't see the part where you were talking about division apparently.. he musta either been thinking league or conference.

His play hasn't lived up to his billing as one of the best ever for the last 4 or so years. In many cases he has been more of a liability to his team than an asset. His 3 interception game against the Vikes in the playoffs (in a believe '03) marked the beginning of his downward spiral as far as I'm concerned. I don't know his stats by heart but I'm pretty sure his interception to touchdown ratio, especially the last 4 years, hasn't been stellar. And then, when he was contemplating retirement, he dragged his decision on forever essentially making his team play "wait and see" well past the draft which also was not a very "team first" attitude.

Aside from those things I actually like to watch the guy play and I do think he deserves many of the accolades he receives. He is tough as nails and I think his love of the game is evident. I would have liked him to receive more criticism and less praise the last few years because I'm not sure all of it has been warranted during that time. But all said, I'm glad he and his team are having success now. And now that he is clearly part of the reason that GB is headed in the right direction, who am I to say he is a washed up liability?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back