Welcome to PatsFans.com

The "extra" TE: would you rather . . .

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by ctpatsfan77, Sep 3, 2009.

?

Would you rather trade a TE . . .

Poll closed Sep 10, 2009.
  1. To Cincinnati, for a draft pick

52.2%
  2. To Philadelphia, for AJ Feeley

47.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +214 / 4 / -5

. . . assuming you had to do one or the other, trade him to Cincinnati for a pick, or trade him to the Eagles for AJ Feeley?
  2. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

No brainer............... To the iggles for Feeley. Not that I love Feeley, but we're a little thin at QB right now, and our back-up is servicable at best. That draft pick isn't gonna be able to suit up for us this year if the shizit hit the fan.

Besides, we can also get that pick back next year when we send Feeley on his way to his next NFL waystation. :singing:
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  3. ALP

ALP Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

did A.J. Feeley play for the fins a couple years back? if so, hes a decent QB, and i think under our system and personnel if the case arose (though i sure hope it doesnt) he would be just fine

so feeley
  4. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +158 / 4 / -1

#12 Jersey

I'd go for the draft pick, under the premise that, whether we have Feeley or Walter as our backup, we're not going to win much if Brady goes down either way.
  5. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +914 / 47 / -54

Disable Jersey

I can't really answer, since I don't know what round pick we're talking about. I can say that I have less interest in Feeley than I would in the corpse of Red Grange, if that helps narrow things down.
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +197 / 7 / -23

Why would Philadelphia trade Jay Feeley? what happens if McNabb goes down in the first game?? Isn't Vick unavailable until week 4 or 7???
  7. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

How bout lets see what Walter does first ok...then talk AJ Feely
  8. Mainefan

Mainefan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Why Cincy, anyhow? Aren't there other--and worse--teams that need TEs?
  9. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Which really begs the question if Philly in fact decides to trade him (again, they burned Miami good with that ploy last time so there is that...) when he is their 4th STRING QB why would we want him?

Lombardi said yesterday in his chat that the Patriots would not take Feeley in a trade deal. Honestly people, take off the rose colored AJ glasses. He's a sub .500 QB who when given the chance to start threw more picks than TD's. We have a younger, taller version of that on the roster now and he's got a better excuse for his performance considering he was drafted by Oakland at the pinnacle of Al's dotage and coached by guys who are mercifully out of football (again). So at least he has remaining potential development upside. Feeley is what is always was, a backup who could not cut it even in college (where he lost his starting job in his senior year to the incomparable Joey Harrington...). And an overpaid one to boot. Walter is a former third rounder who would have gone in the first if not for a shoulder injury in his last game as a senior who then suffered the consequences of landing in what has literally become a black hole.

If we have a TE to trade take the pick. We don't need a $1.9M third string QB.
  10. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

AJ Feely kind of sucks. I would not trade any asset better than a 7th round pick to get him, and would only trade a plyer who is guaranteed not to make the 53. You can easily get an equivalent QB on the FA market without trading something to get him. He's only ever been decent in Philly's West Coast offense, and his career stats are not enough to win with. Guy loves the INT for TD.

372/665 55.9% 4,000 yards 6.1 Avg 27TD 29INT 69.6 rating
  11. goldenaleus

goldenaleus Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Cincy is the better fit than Philly since Philly has Celek.

Cincy is down to their rookie TE which would make them a better trading partner.
  12. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

and against the Pats in 2 regular season games
    49/79 543 yds 4 TD 3 int rating 83.4
    and preseason game #1 18/24 211 yds 1 TD 0 int....
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  13. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +517 / 5 / -1

Kevin Kolb is the #2 QB in Philly, not Feeley.
  14. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

But here he wouldn't be playing in that offense and he'd be facing Philly's defense. So what he did against us is immaterial. I know people think BB chose Welker because he gave us fits, but he also appreciated the fact that he gave everyone fits too...while playing in a lousy offense.
  15. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

1) If 4TD/3INT is the best stretch he has then that's not very good. I don't want a turnover machine.
    2) Getting a guy who's only ever been decent in just 1 offense and plugging him into the NE offense, one which other QBs have historically struggled to pick up, this late in the game doesn't sound like it's a situation that lends itself to success.

I don't hate the idea of Feeley as a #3, I don't like him much as a #2 though, but I guess I could live with it. But I certainly wouldn't give up anything of substance to get the guy. He's just not that good. When he was with the Dolphins he had them pining for Jay Fiedler for crying out loud.
  16. N.Eman

N.Eman Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I agree, put this thread and your posts on hold till after the game tonite.
  17. PatsfanGlo

PatsfanGlo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

While I agree it is bit early to make any decision(probably after tonight's game would be good time) I think Cincy would be better trading partner. Cincy every season is almost always guaranteed to suck which means better draft pick for us :D
  18. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +914 / 47 / -54

Disable Jersey

The length of Vick's 'suspension' hasn't been determined. The Ommissioner is going to talk with the Eagles about this, and the Eagles will have a better idea of when Vick will be able to play for them. Vick could be back at any time the Ommissioner deems appropriate.
  19. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Your other hobby shouldn't impact reserve QB decisions. :snob:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.