PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The dysfunctional mess of “coaching” Mac Jones

Mac Jones just wasn't a real nig*a
Nobody to blame for his suckage than him
Nah they clearly had something they could have built on in 2021. They surrounded him with crap and watched him decline.

We used to **** all over the Jets for years for how they mismanaged QB prospects and watched them decline. We've seen plenty of bad teams do that. Now that it's us we want to pretend he was the problem and it was an inevitability. The good QB's are developed well and have strong support. The bad ones don't. Mac might never have been great, but there was no reason he couldn't have landed at some middle ground of Andy Dalton level which would have at least kept a good team steady.

It was apparent very early on we had no real idea what we were doing.

In a vacuum if I said "what do you think happens to a QB prospect that had 3 coordinators in 3 years including one guy who never coached offense, some of the worst graded pass blocking in the league and some of the worst graded receivers in seperation" most people would say "that guy would fail". We got the predictable result for the input the team put in.

Nah they clearly had something they could have built on in 2021. They surrounded him with crap and watched him decline.

We used to **** all over the Jets for years for how they mismanaged QB prospects and watched them decline. We've seen plenty of bad teams do that. Now that it's us we want to pretend he was the problem and it was an inevitability. The good QB's are developed well and have strong support. The bad ones don't. Mac might never have been great, but there was no reason he couldn't have landed at some middle ground of Andy Dalton level which would have at least kept a good team steady.

It was apparent very early on we had no real idea what we were doing.

In a vacuum if I said "what do you think happens to a QB prospect that had 3 coordinators in 3 years including one guy who never coached offense, some of the worst graded pass blocking in the league and some of the worst graded receivers in seperation" most people would say "that guy would fail". We got the predictable result for the input the team put in.
I know there's more to it I was being extreme lol but a lot had to do with Mac Jones weak mental make up. Not a coincidence we only had 2 game winning drives with him as QB

LOL!! You are expecting us to believe, Bill Belichick, the greatest practice coach of all time actually sat there watching Mac Jones in practice and said “ We are not going to prepare this Qb for the week ahead.” I’m laughing this was even posted. This is insane ****.

LOL!! You are expecting us to believe, Bill Belichick, the greatest practice coach of all time actually sat there watching Mac Jones in practice and said “ We are not going to prepare this Qb for the week ahead.” I’m laughing this was even posted. This is insane ****.
Blame deflecting lol

I know there's more to it I was being extreme lol but a lot had to do with Mac Jones weak mental make up. Not a coincidence we only had 2 game winning drives with him as QB
I mean part of it was him. But there were plenty of potential comeback drives that didn’t happen because an RB fumbled in the redzone or a guy didn’t toe tap or a receiver dropped an easy pass. The reason we only had two was mostly because we had a top to bottom incompetent offense where it was highly likely somebody would screw up at one point or another,

It’s sort of crying over spilled milk at this point because he’s damaged goods and we need to move on. But we did him absolutely no favors. Yeah if he was Patrick Mahomes he would have figured it out.

Yep, Mac’s second year was a disaster and yes, BB didn’t do him any favors by bringing in Patricia and judge which is one of the reasons BB lost his job. (Including drafting this turd) However, wasn’t it Mac Jones happy as can be to have his buddy Obrien back at the helm to save the day? He had a chance to redeem his career and he flopped in every way imaginable. Hey, but at least he was a big part of them securing the 3rd pick.

Nobody was to blame for Mac's ineptitude except Mac himself. He would talk a good game during his press conferences but never backed it up. The coaches can only do so much, if a player is not good or does not practice hard and does not make self improvements then it is on the player himself !! Now that Bill is gone who are the team and the anti Bill crowd going to blame when things don't go there way . Considering that Bill brought us so much, I am so surprised at how many fans on this board are joining the media circus in tearing him down.

I mean part of it was him. But there were plenty of potential comeback drives that didn’t happen because an RB fumbled in the redzone or a guy didn’t toe tap or a receiver dropped an easy pass. The reason we only had two was mostly because we had a top to bottom incompetent offense where it was highly likely somebody would screw up at one point or another,

It’s sort of crying over spilled milk at this point because he’s damaged goods and we need to move on. But we did him absolutely no favors. Yeah if he was Patrick Mahomes he would have figured it out.
Plenty of running backs fumbling the ball? How many? This guy ranks in the top 10 all time in pick 6’s and he’s only played in 3 seasons.

If true why didn’t he ask for a trade?

Yep, Mac’s second year was a disaster and yes, BB didn’t do him any favors by bringing in Patricia and judge which is one of the reasons BB lost his job. (Including drafting this turd) However, wasn’t it Mac Jones happy as can be to have his buddy Obrien back at the helm to save the day? He had a chance to redeem his career and he flopped in every way imaginable. Hey, but at least he was a big part of them securing the 3rd pick.
Mac really stuck it to us with that Buff win.
We can’t win anything of meaning with Mac or Bailey we need a new franchise QB.
Kraft should turn the team over to a 10 year old if he can’t comprehend this.

If we draft Marvin Harrison Jr at 3 and saddle him with Mac or Zappe he will shoot his way out of town by season 2.

Yep, Mac Jones is next year's QB.

You can already see these efforts to rehabilitate him taking root.

This thread is an example of the never-say-die-Mac people seeing an opening.
The Pat's are going for coconut creme pie with the 3rd pick and taking a WR.

Kraft is a sucker for a QB with a hard luck story and he allowed BB to traumatize poor Corky.

BB is laughing.

Plenty of running backs fumbling the ball? How many? This guy ranks in the top 10 all time in pick 6’s and he’s only played in 3 seasons.
I can think of at least two games where a comeback drive ended off a fumble. I can think of one where Mac threw the right ball to the right spot and the receiver didn’t do a routine toe tap. Over the last two years probably around 4 were stopped when it had nothing to do with the QB. There were a few where it was his fault. But all in all the inability to get it don’t see collectively a result of a bad offense

He sucks, nice guy but he isn’t a franchise qb.

If we draft Marvin Harrison Jr at 3 and saddle him with Mac or Zappe he will shoot his way out of town by season 2.
Here’s the deal and a lot of us fell for it when he was drafted. He was part of an elite unit at Alabama which was a man amongst small children. His completion percentage was off the charts, he was throwing deep balls to wide open 1st rd NFL receivers who really know how to track the ball well playing against cb’s that are now in every day jobs like you and I.

The simplest thing that sets apart a great QB is progressing through your reads, arm strength, combined with accuracy and pocket awareness. He has none of these at this level. 3 years is the measuring stick and he failed. The single biggest reason why is a failure in this offense is he can’t throw a 5 yard out to the sideline. He doesn’t have the strength to get it there fast enough. Defenses figured this out and now every single game they pin their ears back and wait on it. If you can’t even fall back on your short game, your done in this league. Enough said. I’ve seen all I need to see and there is no excuses that are going to come out of the woodwork to change my mind on this.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back