PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The draw of playing in New England

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grrrr. Every time someone mentions "spygate" I see red at how unfair it was to take aware our 1st round pick last year. Imagine what could have been? Kenny Phillips to go along with Brandon Meriweather? Trading #31, 63 and 94 (999 points) for #16 (1000 points) to get DRC along with Mayo? Don't remind me that "everyone does it". We already knew that.

Spygate = overblown hype.

The problem is the Patriots have become the NY Yankees of the NFL (without the payroll) and every other NFL town is looking for reasons to dump on them.

I consider it a compliment… but I too am pissed about the commissioners overreaction costing the Patriots a first round pick. After all, he even admitted the filming gave the Patriots no competitive advantage.

Bottom line is the Patriots have been the talk of the league for most of this decade and playing for the Patriots means national exposure. I guess it could be worse…. I could be a Jets fan.

Last edited:
I love reading up on all the ways that these teams are spying on one another.

He played for the Rams, Redskins, Packers and Bills.. Which one went thru the garbage at the hotel??????

I'm the one who brought up taxes:eek: but it was a joke, part of trying to find a reason NOT to play here, but obviously it struck a nerve with some people and I admit I finally baited :halo:

I think the Patriots have worked quite hard building this kind of reputation and their entire philosophy's set the standard for the league in excellence. As long as that standard's maintained then they'll draw players, and as long as they continue to bring the best out in a player, they're not always a journey but they'll remain a destination. :)

Damn.....that column brought a tear to my eye to realize that everything a lot of us fans thought about our beloved Patriots has just been validated by an ex-player.....Yes....the Pat's are who we think they are!

Great find. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back